Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of their own.

2 posters

Go down

League of their own. Empty League of their own.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Poor Reggie took on quite a challenge in that shithole.  No draft picks to get players who have no choice...and they players who do have a choice bolt or stay away unless they are desperate.  I bet he wishes he would have waited until the next GM spot opened up...but then again--maybe he's in Oakland for the same reason...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 25, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Getty Images

The Oakland Raiders elected not to place the franchise tag on left tackle [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this offseason. That decision ultimately led to Veldheer leaving in free agency and signing with the Arizona Cardinals.
It left the Raiders in search of a new left tackle on the free agent market. After a failed attempt to sign [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]due to a failed physical, the Raiders signed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to take over in protecting quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s blind side.
However, McKenzie doesn’t view the failed signing of Saffold as a setback. It was Veldheer bolting the Bay Area that sticks with him.
“No, “McKenzie said of Saffold, via Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle. “It really wasn’t a setback. … The setback was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“Losing Veldheer was a blow to me. He didn’t want to come back. It wasn’t about finances. The kid didn’t want to play for the Raiders anymore, and I struggled with that.”
McKenzie is right about the finances. The Raiders had plenty of cap room to open the offseason and have spent liberally on the offensive line with the additions of Penn and[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to their front. The Raiders still could have slapped the franchise tag to keep Veldheer around, regardless of whether he wanted to play for Oakland or not.
McKenzie said the same applied to linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“In the end, it’s the player’s decision,” McKenzie said.
Penn is expected to fill the whole at left tackle with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at right tackle. Howard is expected to move inside to guard.

Back to top Go down

League of their own. Empty Re: League of their own.

Post by duck Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:30 am

_HD_ wrote:Poor Reggie took on quite a challenge in that shithole.  No draft picks to get players who have no choice...and they players who do have a choice bolt or stay away unless they are desperate.  I bet he wishes he would have waited until the next GM spot opened up...but then again--maybe he's in Oakland for the same reason...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 25, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Oakland Raiders elected not to place the franchise tag on left tackle [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this offseason. That decision ultimately led to Veldheer leaving in free agency and signing with the Arizona Cardinals.
It left the Raiders in search of a new left tackle on the free agent market. After a failed attempt to sign [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]due to a failed physical, the Raiders signed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to take over in protecting quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s blind side.
However, McKenzie doesn’t view the failed signing of Saffold as a setback. It was Veldheer bolting the Bay Area that sticks with him.
“No, “McKenzie said of Saffold, via Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle. “It really wasn’t a setback. … The setback was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“Losing Veldheer was a blow to me. He didn’t want to come back. It wasn’t about finances. The kid didn’t want to play for the Raiders anymore, and I struggled with that.”
McKenzie is right about the finances. The Raiders had plenty of cap room to open the offseason and have spent liberally on the offensive line with the additions of Penn and[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to their front. The Raiders still could have slapped the franchise tag to keep Veldheer around, regardless of whether he wanted to play for Oakland or not.
McKenzie said the same applied to linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“In the end, it’s the player’s decision,” McKenzie said.
Penn is expected to fill the whole at left tackle with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at right tackle. Howard is expected to move inside to guard.

Oakland has an absolute shit hole of a franchise. There still exists some civic pride (mostly by white trash meth freaks) from their glory years thirty years ago but of course, even then, that reputation was founded on cheap shots, ankle biting and eye gouging.

Al Davis bilked the cash-strapped city of Oakland to build a stadium and I've always hated him for it. I voluntarily forked out a couple hundred bucks for a valueless piece of Packer stock but it fries me that in my property taxes, I've paid much more to finance this garbage franchise.

Why, oh why, can't the Oakland Raiders just relocate 50 miles west. Fuck, even 5 miles west would get the job done.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 am

Yup. Whatever your gripes are about the Packer's organization, there's no denying they are small change compared to the ones experienced by so many fans bases elsewhere. The Raiders being a prime example.

What a fucking doomed club. They should've taken it out behind the barn and put it out of its misery years ago.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down