Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moats back and so is Spaeth...

Go down

Moats back and so is Spaeth... Empty Moats back and so is Spaeth...

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:17 pm

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers added to their scant depth at outside linebacker by re-signing veteran Arthur Moats to a three-year contract worth $7.5 million, the team announced today.
Shortly thereafter, they signed veteran tight end Matt Spaeth to a two-year contract. Spaeth, who was No. 2 behind Heath Miller last year, spent six of his previous eight NFL seasons with the Steelers.
“Steelers Nation,” Moats began on Twitter, “I’m proud to announce that my family and I will be staying in Pittsburgh!”
Moats, who turns 27 Saturday, would have become an unrestricted free agent at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
He signed a one-year veteran minimum benefit contract with the Steelers as an unrestricted free agent with Buffalo last year for $795,000 plus a $65,000 salary cap. Under CBA rules, he counted just $635,000 against their cap in 2014.
Moats wound up starting 10 games for them because of an injury to Jarvis Jones, who is the only other experienced outside linebacker they currently have under contract. Moats had four sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in his fifth NFL season.
Buffalo drafted him in the sixth round from James Madison in 2010.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Moats back and so is Spaeth... Empty Re: Moats back and so is Spaeth...

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 am

I don't mind them bringing them back.  Moats actually played pretty decent whenever he got a chance.  Spaeth is a good blocker and average receiver.  He won't be around much longer but is serviceable for now.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:42 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers added to their scant depth at outside linebacker by re-signing veteran Arthur Moats to a three-year contract worth $7.5 million, the team announced today.
Shortly thereafter, they signed veteran tight end Matt Spaeth to a two-year contract. Spaeth, who was No. 2 behind Heath Miller last year, spent six of his previous eight NFL seasons with the Steelers.
“Steelers Nation,” Moats began on Twitter, “I’m proud to announce that my family and I will be staying in Pittsburgh!”
Moats, who turns 27 Saturday, would have become an unrestricted free agent at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
He signed a one-year veteran minimum benefit contract with the Steelers as an unrestricted free agent with Buffalo last year for $795,000 plus a $65,000 salary cap. Under CBA rules, he counted just $635,000 against their cap in 2014.
Moats wound up starting 10 games for them because of an injury to Jarvis Jones, who is the only other experienced outside linebacker they currently have under contract. Moats had four sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in his fifth NFL season.
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:47 am

Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

For whatever reason, he had a horrible year last season.  I don't know enough about him but he might very well be on the downside of his career.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

For whatever reason, he had a horrible year last season.  I don't know enough about him but he might very well be on the downside of his career.
We only need him as a role player. He's getting older, but he can play and he can fill in for Bell during his suspension.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:51 am

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

We only need him as a role player. He's getting older, but he can play and he can fill in for Bell during his suspension.

If they can get him for a decent price, it would be worth checking in to.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:56 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

I hope the Steelers sign a decent player or two, this week. They sure are clearing enough cap room.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:00 am

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

I hope the Steelers sign a decent player or two, this week. They sure are clearing enough cap room.

You do realize that I have been off my computer for hours and then all of a sudden I show up and then you do.  Coincidence?  Lol.  Dalton would be screaming that we are the same person all over again.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:05 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

You do realize that I have been off my computer for hours and then all of a sudden I show up and then you do.  Coincidence?  Lol.  Dalton would be screaming that we are the same person all over again.
ahaha! Too bad Jeff didn't show up to boot!

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:
Sign Reggie Bush!!!

ahaha! Too bad Jeff didn't show up to boot!

Lol...Jeff wasn't able to use his computer because I was on it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down