Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots Ravens predictions

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Patriots Ravens predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Patriots Ravens predictions

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:49 am

George1963 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok enough is enough. It’s time for me to chime in on Tom Brady’s Tom Brady hat. I know he’s been wearing it for almost a year now, but at first I didn’t even know what it was so I didn’t really pay attention to it. But lately it’s been fucking everywhere.

I disagree.  I hardly see that hat or the "TB12" brand around anywhere.  In fact, going out among the people, shopping, the bank, the post office, etc., I have never seen it once.  It has definitely not caught on, at least so far.  Brady himself wears it very sparingly.  You'll be hard pressed to find a lot of pictures of him wearing it.  My personal opinion is that you look at it, and you don't know what it is.  Its not easily readable, so whoever designed it, gets a fail from me.

Its no different than Tiger Woods wearing his "TW" brand on his hats.  I have one and I used to wear one when I was out on the course, but I don't anymore.  But at least the "TW" is simple and more readable.   Back in the day when Tiger was actually good, I thought the hat was cool.  Fashion statements come and go, some more quickly than others.

Speaking of Entourage, you'll be thrilled to know that Gronk and Julian Edleman have cameo appearances in the movie coming out this summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:36 am

The owners fought hard, maybe dirty, and clearly they won.

And we lost. In the new deal there was a salary cap floor. Not year by year, but each team had to spend 90% of the cap over these first 4 seasons of the deal.
The books have closed on 2014. I only looked up the Patriots first because I'm talking on a Pats board, and I'm sure as I look at more teams I'll find worse ones (Jags) but the Patriots finished at 92.7.
$37,543,889 in cap space left on the table.
The Colts came in at 96% $20.5 mil, but they really tied at the end finishing 2014 $9.6 mil under the cap.
So much for all the money they saved on rookies being spread around to the middle class.

But hey, you're a part owner of the Green Bay Packers aren't you?  The Packers are making money hand over fist.

Yep, but nobody makes money, least of all a guy with one share.
It's a non-profit.
I do get financial reports though. Their net went up dramatically after the new deal. More than doubled. They say the Packers are dead in the middle of the NFL financially.
I don't mind somebody winning a deal, but when you lie and cheat to do it it irks me.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am

George1963 wrote:
I don't mind somebody winning a deal, but when you lie and cheat to do it it irks me.

Well, I guess what we're saying is that the NFLPA leadership is just that incompetent.  That's where the changes and improvements need to be made. 

Like I said, at this point its a 10 year deal and it is what it is.  At its core, this was still a fight over money between billionaires and millionaires, and its just me, but despite knowing now that it wasn't a fair fight, I just can't work myself up to get that emotionally invested in which side got the upper hand over the other.

I've got enough to worry about with what's going to happen in a few days with the product on the field.  Elvis Dumervil lining up across from Nate Solder gives me plenty of reason to be veeery nervous.  I don't care if the Pats have the advantage (on paper) in every other matchup.  If the Ravens D-Line overwhelms the Pats O-Line, those other matchups in the Pats favor don't matter one bit.  A D-line overwhelming an O-Line to totally change a game?  I've seen that movie before. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Well, I guess what we're saying is that the NFLPA leadership is just that incompetent.  That's where the changes and improvements need to be made. 

I hope they're incompetent. If not, it just means that De Smith is just as much in the owners pocket as Upshaw was.

Like I said, at this point its a 10 year deal and it is what it is.  At its core, this was still a fight over money between billionaires and millionaires, and its just me, but despite knowing now that it wasn't a fair fight, I just can't work myself up to get that emotionally invested in which side got the upper hand over the other.

I just worry about a job action someday. A deal this bad, it almost has to happen. But then again 95% of them are just happy to be there.

I've got enough to worry about with what's going to happen in a few days with the product on the field.  Elvis Dumervil lining up across from Nate Solder gives me plenty of reason to be veeery nervous.  I don't care if the Pats have the advantage (on paper) in every other matchup.  If the Ravens D-Line overwhelms the Pats O-Line, those other matchups in the Pats favor don't matter one bit.  A D-line overwhelming an O-Line to totally change a game?  I've seen that movie before. 

I don't know. A Ravens win would give the Colts a shot at a home game if the Broncos bus crashes, but I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing who covers who, because if Browner is on Smith that's 60 yards right off the bat. He'll drive him plain out of his mind. PI, holding, personal fouls. 60 yards without even catching a ball. Guys like Browner can't deal with guys that are bigger a-holes than they are.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 pm

George1963 wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing who covers who, because if Browner is on Smith that's 60 yards right off the bat. He'll drive him plain out of his mind. PI, holding, personal fouls. 60 yards without even catching a ball. Guys like Browner can't deal with guys that are bigger a-holes than they are.

It doesn't matter if Steve, Sr. is covered or not, the plan will be to throw it up for grabs and see if you can draw a flag.  A pick on a 60 yard bomb doesn't faze them at all because its just as good as a punt.  I agree, Balt. is going to come out being aggressive and absolutely take these kind of chances downfield.  The Pats have to be smart about it.  But can they?  Again, I'm nervous.

As far as Steve, Sr. being an a-hole, he's from L.A., so what do you expect?  lol.

But I realize -- and I hope the Pats do too -- is that his a-hole act is by design.  They (mostly Browner) must play disciplined.  If Steve, Sr. is successful at getting under your skin, and forces you to retaliate in stupid ways, he wins, walks away smiling, and says to himself, "Gotcha bitch."

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Following up on our earlier discussion about who should cover who, a couple of interesting stats:  The Ravens Torrey Smith ranks No. 1 in the league in drawing defensive pass interference calls (11 good for a total of 229 yards).  That is almost twice the amount of the guy in second, Jordy Nelson (6 for 129 yards). 

Brandon Browner, on the other hand, is the most flagged defender in the league (so much for those whining about referee "favoritism" for NE, who is tied with Denver as 4th most penalized team).  Browner has 5 pass interference and 4 defensive holding calls.  And remember he didn't even play in the first 4 games.  Therefore, the football genius in me says Browner should NOT, NOT, NOT cover Torrey Smith. 

Revis should cover Torrey Smith or Steve Smith, Sr.

If Revis is on Torrey, Browner should cover Steve Sr., or the tight end, Owen Daniels.

Maybe see on the first drive how the refs are calling it and how much hand fighting they are going to allow.  Put Browner on Steve Smith, Sr., and Revis on Torrey Smith to start.  Gotta put some pressure on Joe Cool (apologies to Joe Montana), or he's just going to chuck it up there and see if his guys can draw a flag.  Should be interesting.

Remember, face guarding without contact is not a penalty, even with the defender not turning around to look for the ball.  Face guarding and not turning to look for the ball with contact is pass interference. 

Mix and match Revis on Torrey and Steve Sr.  But when Revis is on Steve Sr., do NOT put Browner on Torrey.  Not worth it.  Try Arrington or Logan Ryan with help from McCourty or Chung. 

Key to all of this is pressure on the QB.  Gee, what a novel idea.  How come other teams always get more pressure on NE's QB than we get on the other team's QB?  It seems that way anyways.

I'm going to let Belichick and Matt Patricia know in case they haven't thought all of this through like I have.

Last edited by guppy on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:24 pm

George, I'm trying to recall a post from the past.  Did you ever say something about being from Canada?  Or am I thinking of something else?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:32 pm

guppy wrote:George, I'm trying to recall a post from the past.  Did you ever say something about being from Canada?  Or am I thinking of something else?

Yea, Prince Edward Island, why?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:05 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:George, I'm trying to recall a post from the past.  Did you ever say something about being from Canada?  Or am I thinking of something else?

Because it provides me with a beautiful segue to my next post.  Here goes:

While we know that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team", guess which NFL team is the favorite of our neighbors in the great country to our north, "CANADA'S TEAM" if you will?

Click here:

Woohooo.  Yes.  Its time for you to get back and be true to your Canadian roots and jump on board the truly international bandwagon that makes its home in a sleepy little town in southeast Massachusetts that lies between Boston and Providence.

We have a big tent.  Welcome aboard. Very Happy

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:33 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Because it provides me with a beautiful segue to my next post.  Here goes:

While we know that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team", guess which NFL team is the favorite of our neighbors in the great country to our north, "CANADA'S TEAM" if you will?

Click here:

Woohooo.  Yes.  Its time for you to get back and be true to your Canadian roots and jump on board the truly international bandwagon that makes its home in a sleepy little town in southeast Massachusetts that lies between Boston and Providence.

We have a big tent.  Welcome aboard. Very Happy

Yea, well on the island I would guess the Pats would be the most popular NFL team, as indicated in the article, but that's among the tiny number of people who actually care.
Nobody watches it until the playoffs, and then not many. And it's on all year. They get American networks. It's like saying which CFL team is most popular in America.
Reminds me of something I heard just recently. You'll hear in a few weeks that "THIS GAME IS BEING BROADCAST TO OVER A BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE!!!!".
Well yea, but they ain't watching it.
98% of the people who watch are in North America, and 97% of those are in the USA.
I think I'll buy myself another 'ettes sweatshirt.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:31 pm

The most popular team in Tonga
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:46 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing who covers who, because if Browner is on Smith that's 60 yards right off the bat. He'll drive him plain out of his mind. PI, holding, personal fouls. 60 yards without even catching a ball. Guys like Browner can't deal with guys that are bigger a-holes than they are.

It doesn't matter if Steve, Sr. is covered or not, the plan will be to throw it up for grabs and see if you can draw a flag.  A pick on a 60 yard bomb doesn't faze them at all because its just as good as a punt.  I agree, Balt. is going to come out being aggressive and absolutely take these kind of chances downfield.  The Pats have to be smart about it.  But can they?  Again, I'm nervous.

As far as Steve, Sr. being an a-hole, he's from L.A., so what do you expect?  lol.

But I realize -- and I hope the Pats do too -- is that his a-hole act is by design.  They (mostly Browner) must play disciplined.  If Steve, Sr. is successful at getting under your skin, and forces you to retaliate in stupid ways, he wins, walks away smiling, and says to himself, "Gotcha bitch."

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:50 pm

George1963 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Razz