Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer...

4 posters

Go down

Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer... Empty Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer...

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Every team playing every other team in their perspective conference to find the best top winning teams to face off in the playoffs is the only fair way to make it.  Unfortunately, that probably will never happen- but if the NFL was serious about having the best teams in the playoffs, this is the only way to do it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer... Empty Re: Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer...

Post by Admin Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:Every team playing every other team in their perspective conference to find the best top winning teams to face off in the playoffs is the only fair way to make it.  Unfortunately, that probably will never happen- but if the NFL was serious about having the best teams in the playoffs, this is the only way to do it.
The NFL is only serious about making more money for the owners. I'd bet some owners don't even care about winning anymore.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer... Empty Re: Getting rid of division games and even divisions would make the playoffs much fairer...

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:Every team playing every other team in their perspective conference to find the best top winning teams to face off in the playoffs is the only fair way to make it.  Unfortunately, that probably will never happen- but if the NFL was serious about having the best teams in the playoffs, this is the only way to do it.
The NFL is only serious about making more money for the owners. I'd bet some owners don't even care about winning anymore.

I have to tell you Jeff, I no longer trust them.  This is the first time in my life that I have lost my faith in the integrity of game.  Some of the things I have seen the Commish doing and the way the NFL refs have been officiating the game and some of the weird things I have witness in games, I am at a point where if things continue down this road, I might stop buying the NFL ticket and NFL merchandise.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

I have to tell you Jeff, I no longer trust them.  This is the first time in my life that I have lost my faith in the integrity of game.  Some of the things I have seen the Commish doing and the way the NFL refs have been officiating the game and some of the weird things I have witness in games, I am at a point where if things continue down this road, I might stop buying the NFL ticket and NFL merchandise.
NFL.... WWE.... same whore different dress. I do believe that certain outcomes are arranged. There is no way a team looks as good as they can one week and then as bad as they can another week later. The owners wanted parity. They want all the teams to be in contention for playoff spots.... it sells tickets and merchandise. Look at the NFC South... it is a perfect example of the modern NFL.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

NFL.... WWE.... same whore different dress. I do believe that certain outcomes are arranged. There is no way a team looks as good as they can one week and then as bad as they can another week later. The owners wanted parity. They want all the teams to be in contention for playoff spots.... it sells tickets and merchandise. Look at the NFC South... it is a perfect example of the modern NFL.

The way the Steelers are up and down, they might just put me into the mode sooner rather than later.  I really expected much better from them this year.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yesterday was a perfect example of the WWE wanting a certain team to win for $$$$$. The Bungals Marvin Lewis throws a challenge flag because Tampa Bay had 12 men on the field. He was told that it wasn't challengeable, and took/gave them a time out anyway. Meanwhile, the replay booth takes it upon itself to review the challenge that they said Marvin couldn't do. A big play that could have won the game for the Bucs was penalized and backed up. If that's the case, coaches should just throw the red flag under two minutes on pass interference, defensive holding...etc that are not called by these worthless refs. This bone headed, money making rule just boosted the Bungals up in the standings and more $$$$ for the WWE/NFL..  I've said for years that the league was corrupt. I think now I am 110% correct.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yesterday was a perfect example of the WWE wanting a certain team to win for $$$$$. The Bungals Marvin Lewis throws a challenge flag because Tampa Bay had 12 men on the field. He was told that it wasn't challengeable, and took/gave them a time out anyway. Meanwhile, the replay booth takes it upon itself to review the challenge that they said Marvin couldn't do. A big play that could have won the game for the Bucs was penalized and backed up. If that's the case, coaches should just throw the red flag under two minutes on pass interference, defensive holding...etc that are not called by these worthless refs. This bone headed, money making rule just boosted the Bungals up in the standings and more $$$$ for the WWE/NFL..  I've said for years that the league was corrupt. I think now I am 110% correct.
Notice... Randell & I are not the same person..... we just think a lot alike... Carry on!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Notice... Randell & I are not the same person..... we just think a lot alike... Carry on!

lol

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Aren't you glad that Dalton is not here?  He'd be saying,"BUSTED!"  lol

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 pm

So a 15 game season? I'm OK with that. The playoffs for a fall game go too deep into the winter for my taste anyway. But how do they decide which teams have 8 home games and which have 7?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:01 pm

George1963 wrote:

So a 15 game season? I'm OK with that. The playoffs for a fall game go too deep into the winter for my taste anyway. But how do they decide which teams have 8 home games and which have 7?

Actually, it would be a 16 game season.  Each Conference has 4 Divisions of 4 teams.  16 teams in each Conference.  By the way, this wasn't my idea, I've heard it somewhere before.  I just think it makes too much sense not to do it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:47 am

Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

LOL...put me and you in a round room and tell us to pee in the corner, we'd both soak our pants. lol!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Opie Dalton got bailed out by the refs. Hoyer sucks so bad, even the WWE can't tilt the game in his/Browns favor...Not that they would want to...$$$$$...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:54 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Opie Dalton got bailed out by the refs. Hoyer sucks so bad, even the WWE can't tilt the game in his/Browns favor...Not that they would want to...$$$$$...LOL

Some of the worst officiated games in my life were games where the Brown's got screwed.  Funny thing is, that never bothed me as bad as when the Steelers get ripped off.  LOL  Sorry.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Some of the worst officiated games in my life were games where the Brown's got screwed.  Funny thing is, that never bothed me as bad as when the Steelers get ripped off.  LOL  Sorry.

We always get the "Knock Off" refs like Jerome Booger or what ever his name is...or a stand in high school ref.  LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

We always get the "Knock Off" refs like Jerome Booger or what ever his name is...or a stand in high school ref.  LOL

Didn't they use a Pop Warner Official once for a Cleveland game?  I think he out-officiated the regular NFL officials so they decided never to use him again.  lol!

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 am

Throw Back Tuesday....Opie Dalton

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Hey Pa, watch me throw three picks and suck as then refs bail me out."

Last edited by Randell60 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

Didn't they use a Pop Warner Official once for a Cleveland game?  I think he out-officiated the regular NFL officials so they decided never to use him again.  lol!

I believe they (WWE) did, but they said he was "un-bribable" and knew the rules way to well for their liking.....$$$$$$$$
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:29 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:

I believe they (WWE) did, but they said he was "un-bribable" and knew the rules way to well for their liking.....$$$$$$$$

LOL!  Great come-back.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down