Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wide Receiver Position

5 posters

Go down

Wide Receiver Position Empty Wide Receiver Position

Post by JhnK307 Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:00 pm

It scares me that the Packers are so shallow at the wide receiver position.   If Cobb or Nelson gets hurt there is not much to back them up.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Wide Receiver Position Empty Re: Wide Receiver Position

Post by milani Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:03 pm

JhnK307 wrote:It scares me that the Packers are so shallow at the wide receiver position.   If Cobb or Nelson gets hurt there is not much to back them up.

Well, that is the salary cap challenge. It would have been nice to have Jones and Jennings still around but you cannot keep everyone unless they want to play for peanuts. We were fortunate that Driver played his last several seasons for a small price. He could have latched on to a team like Oakland and soaked them. What really hurt was Finley going out for good. A TE of his pass catching ability is not found on every team.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JhnK307 Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Except for Davante Adams, I don't see the Packers working in some of the younger receivers.   Boykin seems to be lost in space somewhere.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:50 pm

JhnK307 wrote:Except for Davante Adams, I don't see the Packers working in some of the younger receivers.   Boykin seems to be lost in space somewhere.
rodgers threw to adams last week a couple times and one time adams failed to stop and turn around on what was a back shoulder throw as adams just kept running north,the announcers even confirmed it that it was a missed route by adams and he has a lot of learning to do.I geuss he has had his moments but still a trust issue with rodgers as we all know rodgers is hard on his recievers and wants them to run precise routes.

As far as boykin,hmm,he still has game in him but after one pass i seen him get thrown last sunday and didnt catch he dissapeared again but from what we saw of him last year i am sure he could step up if put in the spotlitght if called upon to do so.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackyPack Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 pm

O.K. So now I hear Adams has a foot injury.  So Packers receiver corps is now Nelson, Cobb and ???
PackyPack
PackyPack

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Janis
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:28 pm

New England's game plan was to shutdown Nelson and Cobb.  Luckily Adams came through.  Boykin seems to be in the dog house for some reason.
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down