Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another 2nd round receiver

Go down

Yet another 2nd round receiver Empty Yet another 2nd round receiver

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 pm

There was only one pick in the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft. The Browns selected Josh Gordon in the second round.

If a team picks a player in the NFL Supplemental Draft, that team must forfeit a draft pick in the corresponding round of the following year's NFL Draft. That means that the Browns will not have a second-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Back to top Go down

Yet another 2nd round receiver Empty Re: Yet another 2nd round receiver

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Well, its a lot better then trading back up into the 2nd round to draft a rb from Tenn that has never been healthy a full season starting back in high school.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm

They've picked worst than Hardesty in the second round. Brian Robiski comes to mind. Heck they've picked worse than Hardesty in the 1st round. Pot Head Green brings back memories.

I only hope that this guy sheds the baggage that seemed to follow him in college. How long did he play in college? One Year?

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, I couldnt believe when they took blosbiskie, I figured he wouldnt be drafted until at least round 4 and now that would have been to high, the same when they traded Dallas a 1st rd pick for Quinn and I told everyone he was nothing but a career backup at best as well, and you know what I posted about Colt McThud when the rumors were going around that the Browns might draft his career backup ass also.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Dmounts wrote:They've picked worst than Hardesty in the second round. Brian Robiski comes to mind. Heck they've picked worse than Hardesty in the 1st round. Pot Head Green brings back memories.

I only hope that this guy sheds the baggage that seemed to follow him in college. How long did he play in college? One Year?
May as well say he only played one year at Baylor because he has only one catch his freshman year.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:22 pm

I really believe they could have got him for a 3rd round pick but oh well, at least it wasnt a #1 and I know he is going to be better then 99% of the Browns WR's they already have so the Browns are already better at WR then they were a few days ago, lets hope the footballs dont go through the WR's hands in 2012 like there is grease all over them.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm hearing alot of good things about his football talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Dmounts wrote:They've picked worst than Hardesty in the second round. Brian Robiski comes to mind. Heck they've picked worse than Hardesty in the 1st round. Pot Head Green brings back memories.

Green wasnt very good, but he was a lot better then Hardesty.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Dmounts wrote:I'm hearing alot of good things about his football talent.
I have heard it both ways, some say he was over hyped and some say the hype was on the money, the guy has decent speed 4.55 something like that but you dont need blazing speed to be a great reciever, if you can learn the art of route running you can put distance between you and ANY DB in the game, then all you have to do is be able to catch the football and the Browns havent had anyone in a long ass time that could do that on a regular basis, remember Brian Brennan and Dave Logan, Ozzie Newsome as well, those guys couldnt outrun a sun dial but they always got open and caught the ball, the same with Steve Largent and Fred Belitincoff ( SP) all those guys knew how to run great routes and caught anything thrown their way, plus they all had great WR coaches in their career's that understood the fine art of running a crisp route.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down