Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Memories

3 posters

Go down

Bad Memories Empty Bad Memories

Post by George1963 Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 pm

For everyone who thinks lake effect snow is a made up thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I saw shit like this as a kid, that's why I live in South Carolina now. A hurricane you can reason with. This? It does what it wants.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Bad Memories Empty Re: Bad Memories

Post by Rick Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:40 pm

I saw shit like this as a kid, that's why I live in South Carolina now. A hurricane you can reason with. This? It does what it wants.

Howling storms suck. We have ocean effect storms. Bigger fetch, colder water, not as bad as lake storms maybe, but still scary. Everything scares me now. I'm old. Everything I own will break this winter, and I'll have a heart attack trying to fix it.
So, so old. But how do you reason with a hurricane?
Tell me because if I manage to survive this winter I might have to deal with one of those SOBs next year.
If I could just talk to it and not have to put my lawn furniture in the garage, It would be a big load off.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 am

But how do you reason with a hurricane?
Tell me because if I manage to survive this winter I might have to deal with one of those SOBs next year.

You look it square in the eye, say "I'm not afraid of you!" then hide. 12 hours later you come out of the basement and go about your business.

So, so old.

Yea. I thought weather was fun when I was a kid. Now it's just one more thing trying to mess up my life.

Indiana 1978 Red Dawn prequel

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm

George1963 wrote:
Yea. I thought weather was fun when I was a kid. Now it's just one more thing trying to mess up my life.

Last winter the cold bothered me more than it ever did previously.  Clearly, this winter I'm screwed.

I remember many years ago skiing at Killington Vt. when with the wind chill it was minus 70 on the mountain, and no one was on the trail except me, and they basically shut the chair lift down cause of wind.  We're talking quick death if I fell and got injured and didn't make it down the slope.  But I actually thought it was "fun" and a "rush" knowing that I had to make it down the mountain alone to the base lodge and "survive".   Minus 70!   Like I said, it was a long time ago. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Country traffic jam

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick