Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tickets Available

4 posters

Go down

Tickets Available Empty Tickets Available

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 pm

I had 2 tickets available for Sunday's Packers-Niners game.  Put 'em on Ticketmaster priced to sell this evening.   In less than an hour they were gone.  Sorry for the interruption on the Title of Topic.    I did not realize they would go so fast when I posted the note.   SUPPLY and DEMAND.    BTW Ticketmaster has great deals for this game.  Because 40,000 playoff tickets were not bought by season ticket holders by the Dec 4 deadline all went on Ticketmaster today to get rid of.    Temporary glut on the market.  Tickets agents are NOT buying in fear of too much inventory.  Strange but true.  But its only Monday.......will likely change as the fever rises toward Sunday's opening announcement of the Packers offense on the public address system.    At Quarterback, from California #12 Aaron Rodgers.    THE PLACE WILL GO EFFEN EXPLODOLOCOFOCODOCOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!  POW and ZOOM.

GO PACK GO!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Tickets Available Empty Re: Tickets Available

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:43 pm

No kidding Ringo.............you are right again...............Tickets are Available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Latest guesstimate on the internet was 8,500 tickets are still for sale, presumably on Ticketmaster.com  

From what I read on Wiki, blackout rules encompass a 75 mile radius around Green Bay and a 75 mile radius around Milwaukee.  Times have sure changed.   2 of the last 8 Packers playoff games have been on the road.   The last 2 at home were vs MINN and vs the NY Giants.   1-1 record at Lambeau Field since the 2007 NFC Championship Game loss to the Giants.  Road playoff games were San Fran, Chicago, Pittsburgh (at Dallas in SB45), Atlanta, Arizona and Philadelphia.  

People are expecting some entity like Miller Brewing, Kohl's, Johnsonville, Leinenkugel's etc. to buy up the approximate $1M inventory by 3:40 p.m. Central time tomorrow.......would be a great Public Relations move.  

I think the problem is ticket pricing.  My $85 regular season ticket was priced by the Packers at $113.    This is more economy related than due to the predicted nasty weather.   The Niners should be a big draw.   GO PACK GO!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:29 pm

no one wants to sit and freeze their ass off for another 579 game,fans arnt sold on the defense.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 am

throttleplate wrote:no one wants to sit and freeze their ass off for another 579 game,fans arnt sold on the defense.

Very good, throttle.  The psychology behind these seats being available really has very little to do with the ticket price and everything to do with what is perceived as the Pack's prospects for winning this game.  $5 is too much to go out and sit with your nads in the back of your throat for 3+ hours in single digits to cheer on a team that you're expecting to have very little to cheer about.  Winning is what makes it fun.  You somehow feel that you might have made a small difference in propelling your team to victory and therefore all share in the joy.  Correspondingly, if the team loses, you feel like an asshole because you willingly participated in a failed mission and foolishly gave yourself a chance to believe until the outcome comes 'round to confirm for you what a dumb ass you are for going through such an effort to live such an unsatisfactory time...   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 am

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:no one wants to sit and freeze their ass off for another 579 game,fans arnt sold on the defense.

Very good, throttle.  The psychology behind these seats being available really has very little to do with the ticket price and everything to do with what is perceived as the Pack's prospects for winning this game.  $5 is too much to go out and sit with your nads in the back of your throat for 3+ hours in single digits to cheer on a team that you're expecting to have very little to cheer about.  Winning is what makes it fun.  You somehow feel that you might have made a small difference in propelling your team to victory and therefore all share in the joy.  Correspondingly, if the team loses, you feel like an asshole because you willingly participated in a failed mission and foolishly gave yourself a chance to believe until the outcome comes 'round to confirm for you what a dumb ass you are for going through such an effort to live such an unsatisfactory time...   Wink

Yeah, yeah...However, NOTHING in sports is more rewarding than pulling off the upset --ESPECIALLY after many rats have jumped ship.

I've said this before; I'll say it again: I have zero expectations about this year's team winning the championship, but if they can somehow punk Harbaugh's 49ers out of the tournament on Sunday I will consider this shit-ass season to have been surprisingly memorable.

And good, lasting memories are what it's all about. Yup, I will likely have spent a bunch of money, driven a long way, and frozen my ass off to watch my team get their asses handed to them, but the potential reward of a great experience and lasting memory is worth the roll of the dice.

YOLO, muthafukkas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:04 am

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Yeah, yeah...However, NOTHING in sports is more rewarding than pulling off the upset --ESPECIALLY after many rats have jumped ship.

I've said this before; I'll say it again: I have zero expectations about this year's team winning the championship, but if they can somehow punk Harbaugh's 49ers out of the tournament on Sunday I will consider this shit-ass season to have been surprisingly memorable.

And good, lasting memories are what it's all about. Yup, I will likely have spent a bunch of money, driven a long way, and frozen my ass off to watch my team get their asses handed to them, but the potential reward of a great experience and lasting memory is worth the roll of the dice.

YOLO, muthafukkas.

Alright.  The man gets it.  Cool.   Wink 

Have a blast!

Back to top Go down

Tickets Available Empty Makin' memories...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 am

Sunday
-6°F | -21°F
Green Bay, WI
Cold
Snow or flurries possible; much colder in the morning. Snow or flurries possible; much colder in the afternoon. Breezy, frigid during the evening. Breezy, frigid overnight.
BTW, JnC...  Remember when you said you can't remember your nuts ever being cold?  Two words, my friend...

Overnight Shipping

Better get Granny's ass on the loom or deposit some swimmers in the sperm bank, otherwise... Ringo has no worries--his nuts have been numb for years... Laughing 

Special thanks to a post-op Throttle for modeling.    Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by JhnK307 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Packers have 8,500 tickets left, “optimistic” they’ll avoid blackout

Posted by Josh Alper on January 1, 2014, 3:54 PM EST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Getty Images
The Packers had about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Sunday’s game against the 49ers on Monday night and that number has dropped less than 50 percent on Wednesday afternoon.
Packers director of public affairs Aaron Popkey told Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin that the team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the game and that they have sent emails to season ticket holders, shareholders and members of the waiting list in an effort to move them. The team’s deadline to avoid a blackout is on Thursday afternoon, although they could ask for an extension.
“We’ll see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Popkey said.
Popkey said that the team was “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” that they would avoid a blackout and teams that ask for extensions often already have a commitment in place to buy the remaining seats for 34 cents on the dollar. The Bengals and Colts are also trying to sell the necessary tickets to avoid a blackout of their games on Wild Card weekend.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:29 pm

JhnK307 wrote:Packers have 8,500 tickets left, “optimistic” they’ll avoid blackout

Posted by Josh Alper on January 1, 2014, 3:54 PM EST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Getty Images
The Packers had about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Sunday’s game against the 49ers on Monday night and that number has dropped less than 50 percent on Wednesday afternoon.
Packers director of public affairs Aaron Popkey told Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin that the team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the game and that they have sent emails to season ticket holders, shareholders and members of the waiting list in an effort to move them. The team’s deadline to avoid a blackout is on Thursday afternoon, although they could ask for an extension.
“We’ll see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Popkey said.
Popkey said that the team was “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” that they would avoid a blackout and teams that ask for extensions often already have a commitment in place to buy the remaining seats for 34 cents on the dollar. The Bengals and Colts are also trying to sell the necessary tickets to avoid a blackout of their games on Wild Card weekend.

There is exactly ZERO chance the NFL or the local TV network affiliates allow a playoff game at Lambeau Field to be blacked-out.  ZERO.  There's too much ad $$$ at stake.

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Only 3,000 tickets left...........deadline extended to Friday at 4:00 p.m.  

Off the internet:
The Green Bay Packers on Thursday asked for and received an extension from the National Football League giving the franchise more time to try to sell all of the remaining tickets for Sunday's wild-card playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field.
The request for more time to sell tickets to avoid an NFL-imposed TV blackout appears to be a first for the storied franchise. For decades, the Packers have been used to full houses at Lambeau Field, even as the capacity of the storied stadium swelled. Capacity is now 80,750, third most in the NFL.
The new deadline is Friday at 4 p.m.
As of 4 p.m., about 3,000 tickets were left, not counting the inventory available on the secondary ticket market. The face value of the tickets is between $102 and $125, depending on seat location.
League rules dictate that teams must sell out games at least 72 hours before kickoff to ensure that the game can be shown on local television (defined as markets within 75 miles). The deadline was 3:40 p.m. Thursday.
The notion that the Packers, world champions 13 times over, are unable to sell out a home game — especially a playoff game — normally would be unthinkable.
Many fans pointed out that a new ticket policy and the team's poor play late in the season may have dampened interest among season-ticket holders to commit to buying playoff tickets.
Others said Sunday's frigid forecast may be scaring off fans who are opting for the comfort of their living rooms to watch the game. Game time is 3:40 p.m. Sunday, and the latest forecast calls for a high of 5 below on Sunday, a wind chill of 30 below and a low of 18 below later that night.
According to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the temperature at game time for the famed Ice Bowl on Dec. 31, 1967, was 13 below zero. More recently, the Jan. 20, 2008, playoff game between the New York Giants and the Packers also was bitterly cold: 3 below with a windchill of 24 below. The Giants defeated the Packers in overtime, 23-20.
The Packers spent this week aggressively marketing the game, asking fans to keep the stadium full of Packers fans, not 49ers fans. Emails went out to season-ticket holders, through Ticketmaster, the team's official ticket seller, and on Twitter.
On Monday, the team had 40,000 seats to sell and have been picking away since at the unsold inventory.
Leading up to Sunday's game, there was some grumbling among Packers season-ticket holders about the new ticket policy, which was announced late in November and after the Packers were overwhelmed by the Detroit Lions, 40-10, on Thanksgiving Day.
Under the new policy, season-ticket holders were given the opportunity to claim their allotment of playoff tickets up to four tickets. The fans also had to commit to paying in advance for two playoff games, pay for the highest-priced seats and pay a small handling fee.
Had the Packers not made the playoffs, the money would have been applied to next year's season tickets.
One season-ticket holder who asked to remain anonymous said he was unwilling to commit as much as $1,547, even if the money could be applied to next year. Normally the fan's season tickets cost $888.
In previous years, fans had the option of allowing the Packers to keep their money if the team didn't make the playoffs, and apply it to next season's season-ticket bill. Fully half of all season-ticket holders chose that option, a team official said.
With so much uncertainty, rabid Packers fans took to social media imploring fans to buy tickets to keep them away from 49ers fans.
Chris Matcovich, a spokesman for TiqIQ.com, an online ticket search engine, said 6% of his firm's sales had come from California, and 14% of visitors to the game's event page had been California residents.
The availability of tickets also is having an impact on the secondary ticket market. According to SeatGeek.com, a ticket search engine, the average resale price for the game has fallen every day since Sunday to a low of $140 per ticket on Thursday. That's down 47% from Sunday.
In addition, the cheapest tickets on the secondary market have dropped to face value, SeatGeek reported.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

_HD_ wrote:
Sunday
-6°F | -21°F
Green Bay, WI
Cold
Snow or flurries possible; much colder in the morning. Snow or flurries possible; much colder in the afternoon. Breezy, frigid during the evening. Breezy, frigid overnight.
BTW, JnC...  Remember when you said you can't remember your nuts ever being cold?  Two words, my friend...

Overnight Shipping

Better get Granny's ass on the loom or deposit some swimmers in the sperm bank, otherwise... Ringo has no worries--his nuts have been numb for years... Laughing 

Special thanks to a post-op Throttle for modeling.    Laughing 

And some on this disgusting board were giving me shit for Pam Oliver...........sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:10 pm

I really hope to see a decent contingent of 49er fans at this game.

One, if they made the GD effort to buy tickets and get their asses all the way to GB, well, props to them.

Second, they are going to fucking DIE.

This will now be the 11th straight Wisconsin winter for this California boy. I KNOW the goddamn deal. Lived it. Dealt with it. Spun out on the freeway. Slipped down ice covered cement stairs (repeatedly). Broken wrist and later ankle falling on ice. Gotten countless cases of the hardcore shakes driving to and from work.

These visitors will initially find it a humorous manly lark. A "Wow, look at us at the 'frozen Tundra'" moment in their lives. 
But come hour two...this shit gets real and they will start to regret ever being born.
 Twisted Evil
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 am

when i lived in san fran i went to the stick for a few games and in december when it was raining and cold i was dressed for it being i was a native north dakotan.I observed thousands of san fran fans freezing and wet wearing jean jackets only and no hats,most of the concourse was packed tight with cold wet shivering fans.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Landed at O Hare a couple of hours ago...............7 degrees below zero at touchdown.  GO PACK
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down