Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni

3 posters

Go down

Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni Empty Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni

Post by throttleplate Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:09 pm

listening to talk radio out of packerland alot of ex packers and x and o dudes are saying clay is selfish and just pins his hair back to go after the qb.He doesnt set the edge and easilly gets duped on the run pass option.I know these ex jocks know more about scheme and how to play the game than anyone of us.My opinion is i would agree with them as clay has peaked a couple years ago and probably wont get any better but of course he may have more sacks pressures if he had help like peppers is suppossed to bring but it still boils down to him not setting the edge and getting duped.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni Empty Re: Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni

Post by JhnK307 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni Empty Re: Clay Mathews taking heat from the alumni

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Trade him to the browns we'll take him.

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:26 am

JhnK307 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hahahaha,i wasnt expecting that
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:59 pm

throttleplate wrote:listening to talk radio out of packerland alot of ex packers and x and o dudes are saying clay is selfish and just pins his hair back to go after the qb.He doesnt set the edge and easilly gets duped on the run pass option.I know these ex jocks know more about scheme and how to play the game than anyone of us.My opinion is i would agree with them as clay has peaked a couple years ago and probably wont get any better but of course he may have more sacks pressures if he had help like peppers is suppossed to bring but it still boils down to him not setting the edge and getting duped.

I would guess that you might be referencing Leroy Butler for one. He is a former strong safety who went after QBs. And yes they do get duped. A.J. Hawk is just as guilty. When Geno Smith scored straight up the middle it was Hawk who did a very poor imitation of Ray Nitschke. But it happens to the best. Leroy got duped in SB XXXII and Elway and co. took us to town.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:36 pm

milani wrote:
throttleplate wrote:listening to talk radio out of packerland alot of ex packers and x and o dudes are saying clay is selfish and just pins his hair back to go after the qb.He doesnt set the edge and easilly gets duped on the run pass option.I know these ex jocks know more about scheme and how to play the game than anyone of us.My opinion is i would agree with them as clay has peaked a couple years ago and probably wont get any better but of course he may have more sacks pressures if he had help like peppers is suppossed to bring but it still boils down to him not setting the edge and getting duped.

I would guess that you might be referencing Leroy Butler for one. He is a former strong safety who went after QBs. And yes they do get duped. A.J. Hawk is just as guilty. When Geno Smith scored straight up the middle it was Hawk who did a very poor imitation of Ray Nitschke. But it happens to the best. Leroy got duped in SB XXXII and Elway and co. took us to town.

yeah thats true about the best gettng duped.I remember a game 3 years ago where the cowboys were playing 49ers and andre ware was being highlighted against the run pass option and it showed him always biting on the fake handoff and then kemp would run for a nice gain.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 pm

throttleplate wrote:
milani wrote:

yeah thats true about the best gettng duped.I remember a game 3 years ago where the cowboys were playing 49ers and andre ware was being highlighted against the run pass option and it showed him always biting on the fake handoff and then kemp would run for a nice gain.

What is interesting is that Packers.com gave Matthews all the credit in the world for any positives from our defense today.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

milani wrote:
throttleplate wrote:
milani wrote:

What is interesting is that Packers.com gave Matthews all the credit in the world for any positives from our defense today.

maybe duck is secretly doing the writing for packers.com
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down