Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packer season predictions

+4
throttleplate
milani
MB20
duck
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Packer season predictions Empty Packer season predictions

Post by duck Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Okay, someone's got to start this.

Duck      11-5          Win NFC North, Lose in NFC Championships
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Packer season predictions Empty Re: Packer season predictions

Post by MB20 Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:42 pm

MB         10-6          Win NFC North, Lose in divisional round

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm

MB20 wrote:

What makes this a difficult season is that the NFC has more firepower than the AFC. Our 3 divisional opponents have been frustrated the last 3 seasons seeing us snatch the title with all they invested. I think we can go 4-2 in the division but it would take more to go better than that. The Seahawks, Saints, and Patriots will be our toughest opponents. I think we will play them tough but we probably won't be favored in any of them. We have the 3 trap games in the Bills, Bucs, and Dolphins. We should win all of them. You have the Lovie factor and the Davey and Goliath appearance. The Eagles and Falcons are not physical enough to really stop us but you can bet they will be up for us. Carolina is the ? A tough, physical defense and an athletic QB without much in the receiving corp.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:40 pm

MB20 wrote:

Milani     10-6         
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

milani wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Milani     10-6   
HD         10-6          Win NFC North  Win one/done in playoffs       

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Milani     10-6   
Throtle   11-5           Win Super Bowl
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 pm

throttleplate wrote:Duck      11-5          Win NFC North, Lose in NFC Championships
Milani     10-6   

With a few more posters due to chime in (JnC tipped his hand earlier with a likely 11-5 prediction and Ringo and LMV the likely outliers), I was sure this would happen: we are all within a game of each other.

How is this possible?? How can the HD-Milani-MB axis piss and moan incessantly about our fat fuck of a coach, our dipshit incompetent albino GM, our dogshit offensive line, useless linebackers and overpaid secondary... and still predict essentially the same record as the "homers?"

As HD might poetically state it, how can a stew with so many bad ingredients taste so good?? It boggles the mind.

I fully expect the Packers to lose to the Super Bowl champ Seahawks on Thursday and then hear all about Fatty's stupid play calling, our porous offensive line, and a defense that can't tackle. Then when the Packers rip off a few wins, the negativity will channel to the inevitable injuries we incurred or the players who had bad games. God forbid the Packers should stumble at any point and lose a game they should win. It will be fire Fatty and fire Whitey all over again.

It gets old.

Like it or not, we have a contending team. The Super Bowl, IMHO, is too high a goal but not out of the question. I would be drop dead shocked if the Packers finished 8-8 or less. We have lots of talent on the roster, especially in key positions, and a stable and successful coach-GM team.

I plan to enjoy the ride.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 pm

duck wrote:
throttleplate wrote:Duck      11-5          Win NFC North, Lose in NFC Championships
Milani     10-6   

With a few more posters due to chime in (JnC tipped his hand earlier with a likely 11-5 prediction and Ringo and LMV the likely outliers), I was sure this would happen:  we are all within a game of each other.

How is this possible??  How can the HD-Milani-MB axis piss and moan incessantly about our fat fuck of a coach, our dipshit incompetent albino GM, our dogshit offensive line, useless linebackers and overpaid secondary... and still predict essentially the same record as the "homers?"

The difference is--you're happy with it, Duck.  You're not unlike Thor is gaining your satisfaction in small measures.  Ooooh, rah, rah--we've got the best fucking one/done team on the planet.  Let's go find some Red Bull and do a few jizz bombs!!   Laughing  

As HD might poetically state it, how can a stew with so many bad ingredients taste so good??  It boggles the mind.

It's obviously a question of standard, Duck...  You think proving victorious in, if not the weakest, certainly one of the weakest divisions in football--then proceeding ahead on the annual one/done sweepstakes--tastes good, while some of us expect better when you're starting the race with the best QB in football.  This team his clearly been mired in underperformance and mediocrity--finding ways to snare defeat from the jaws of victory in big games throughout the past three seasons--but that's all dandy dick to your dimpled ass.  You see, Duck--I see how this team could have achieved more with just a little added insight...and it frustrates me as yet another precious season with Aaron Rodgers under center is wasted...

I fully expect the Packers to lose to the Super Bowl champ Seahawks on Thursday and then hear all about Fatty's stupid play calling, our porous offensive line, and a defense that can't tackle.  Then when the Packers rip off a few wins, the negativity will channel to the inevitable injuries we incurred or the players who had bad games.  God forbid the Packers should stumble at any point and lose a game they should win.  It will be fire Fatty and fire Whitey all over again.

It gets old.

Like it or not, we have a contending team.  The Super Bowl, IMHO, is too high a goal but not out of the question.  I would be drop dead shocked if the Packers finished 8-8 or less.  We have lots of talent on the roster, especially in key positions, and a stable and successful coach-GM team.  

That's great, Duck.  You're good at preestablishing a desired outcome and then scrambling to try to make the soldiers line up in the proper formation in your mind so the dream can be rationalized as truth...  Some us us prefer the let the punishment fit the crime and not vice/versa...so I can't tell you in advance whether I'll enjoy the ride or not.  Depends on how many land mines Fatty throws in front of the cart creating bumps that didn't need to be there, I suppose.  Shit like that.  Novel, huh?   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
Milani     10-6   

With a few more posters due to chime in (JnC tipped his hand earlier with a likely 11-5 prediction and Ringo and LMV the likely outliers), I was sure this would happen:  we are all within a game of each other.

How is this possible??  How can the HD-Milani-MB axis piss and moan incessantly about our fat fuck of a coach, our dipshit incompetent albino GM, our dogshit offensive line, useless linebackers and overpaid secondary... and still predict essentially the same record as the "homers?"

The difference is--you're happy with it, Duck.  You're not unlike Thor is gaining your satisfaction in small measures.  Ooooh, rah, rah--we've got the best fucking one/done team on the planet.  Let's go find some Red Bull and do a few jizz bombs!!   Laughing  

As HD might poetically state it, how can a stew with so many bad ingredients taste so good??  It boggles the mind.

It's obviously a question of standard, Duck...  You think proving victorious in, if not the weakest, certainly one of the weakest divisions in football--then proceeding ahead on the annual one/done sweepstakes--tastes good, while some of us expect better when you're starting the race with the best QB in football.  This team his clearly been mired in underperformance and mediocrity--finding ways to snare defeat from the jaws of victory in big games throughout the past three seasons--but that's all dandy dick to your dimpled ass.  You see, Duck--I see how this team could have achieved more with just a little added insight...and it frustrates me as yet another precious season with Aaron Rodgers under center is wasted...

I fully expect the Packers to lose to the Super Bowl champ Seahawks on Thursday and then hear all about Fatty's stupid play calling, our porous offensive line, and a defense that can't tackle.  Then when the Packers rip off a few wins, the negativity will channel to the inevitable injuries we incurred or the players who had bad games.  God forbid the Packers should stumble at any point and lose a game they should win.  It will be fire Fatty and fire Whitey all over again.

It gets old.

Like it or not, we have a contending team.  The Super Bowl, IMHO, is too high a goal but not out of the question.  I would be drop dead shocked if the Packers finished 8-8 or less.  We have lots of talent on the roster, especially in key positions, and a stable and successful coach-GM team.  

That's great, Duck.  You're good at preestablishing a desired outcome and then scrambling to try to make the soldiers line up in the proper formation in your mind so the dream can be rationalized as truth...  Some us us prefer the let the punishment fit the crime and not vice/versa...so I can't tell you in advance whether I'll enjoy the ride or not.  Depends on how many land mines Fatty throws in front of the cart creating bumps that didn't need to be there, I suppose.  Shit like that.  Novel, huh?   Cool
And WHY should I be 'unhappy' or 'unsatified' when the Vikings beat the Packers?....is that a crime? You see it as me jacking off over a 'small victory" ...I see it as a lot of unhappy Packer fans....is THAT acceptable to YOU  your highness...I mean HD?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:55 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
Milani     10-6   

The difference is--you're happy with it, Duck.  You fucking bet I'm happy with it.  Five straight playoff years.  One Super Bowl win.  No rebuilding... back in contention again.  That's excellent coaching and management.  It doesn't get much better than that.  You're not unlike Thor is gaining your satisfaction in small measures.  Ooooh, rah, rah--we've got the best fucking one/done team on the planet.  Let's go find some Red Bull and do a few jizz bombs!!   Laughing  

It's obviously a question of standard, Duck...  You think proving victorious in, if not the weakest, certainly one of the weakest divisions in football  Last year the NFC North was not strong (28-34-2) but the previous two years it was (35-29 and 36-28 with two playoff teams each year).  The three year division total is 99-91-2.  That's not "weak." --then proceeding ahead on the annual one/done sweepstakes--tastes good, while some of us expect better when you're starting the race with the best QB in football.  This team his clearly been mired in underperformance and mediocrity--finding ways to snare defeat from the jaws of victory in big games throughout the past three seasons--but that's all dandy dick to your dimpled ass.  You see, Duck--I see how this team could have achieved more with just a little added insight...and it frustrates me as yet another precious season with Aaron Rodgers under center is wasted...  And I see that if the Packers were run by internet know-it-alls like you who don't even watch all the fucking games, much less study game film, our team would be in shambles now.

It gets old.

That's great, Duck.  You're good at preestablishing a desired outcome and then scrambling to try to make the soldiers line up in the proper formation in your mind That's EXACTLY what you do with the Fuck Fatty rants.  You wait for something bad to happen and then go, aha, the fat fuck screwed up again. so the dream can be rationalized as truth...  Some us us prefer the let the punishment fit the crime and not vice/versa...so I can't tell you in advance whether I'll enjoy the ride or not.  Depends on how many land mines Fatty throws in front of the cart creating bumps that didn't need to be there, I suppose.  See?  Shit like that.  Novel, huh?   Cool
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 am

This isn't that hard. Anything less than being a serious Super Bowl contender with the quarterback we have is unacceptable. 10-6 and a second-round loss is another waste of a season IMO, and I see pretty much the same shit that trashed our season last season still lurking in the weeds waiting to do the same this year. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:51 am

If we lose to Seattle it is not due to those ineptitudes stated. It is simply because the Seahawks are an elite team now with top talent and coaching in just about every phase of the game. I would take my chances with Manning and co. going against them. But even that was not enough last year. Some have called Seattle the modern day version of the 85' Bears. It can take a while for someone to match them. Arizona held them to 9 points in their place last season. If anyone can play great defense without turning the ball over against them a win is possible.

MM faced great adversity against the Pats in 2010 when he had to start Flynn. He called a great game. His team nearly won had it not been for an OT that ran a kickoff back like he was Devin Hester.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am

Well stated MB.

I'll add this, though, I'd be a helluva lot more surprised by a 4-12 season than by a 12-4 season and a trip to the Super Bowl.

HD wrote: It's obviously a question of standard, Duck...  You think proving victorious in, if not the weakest, certainly one of the weakest divisions in football--then proceeding ahead on the annual one/done sweepstakes--tastes good, while some of us expect better when you're starting the race with the best QB in football.... You see, Duck--I see how this team could have achieved more with just a little added insight...and it frustrates me as yet another precious season with Aaron Rodgers under center is wasted

Question: Couldn't this exact same statement currently be used by Patriots' fans? After all, they haven't won a Championship in a decade despite always winning their shitty division.
And Tom Brady ain't no spring chicken...window is closing fast on them. But I've never heard a single negative peep about Belichick as a coach or as their GM.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 am

MB20 wrote:

This isn't that hard. Anything less than being a serious Super Bowl contender with the quarterback we have is unacceptable. 10-6 and a second-round loss is another waste of a season IMO, and I see pretty much the same shit that trashed our season last season still lurking in the weeds waiting to do the same this year. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

MB, we ARE a serious Super Bowl contender... and have been so for each of the five five friggin seasons.  That, by definition, shows good coaching and management.

The NFL is designed to create parity.  Winners are punished.  They get a lower draft pick, a tougher schedule, and to make things worse, their players are showcased and raided in free agency.  If they come up with any innovations, offensively or defensively, the rest of the league works feverishly to figure them out... or the copycats simply steal them. And yet, year after year, Green Bay remains one of the top teams.

Even though Green Bay has been a serious contender each year, other teams are contenders too.  This is not a dogshit league.  We won it in 2010.  Capers' JV game plan cost us in 2009.  We really should have gone again in 2011 but we ran into a hot team, the eventual champs, that matched up perfectly against us.  2012 was admittedly a shitty loss but it was to a good team, the eventual NFC champ.  In 2013 we were one missed interception away from a win.

We were in the mix each of the last five years.  Now maybe you feel we should automatically get Lombardi Trophies every year just because we have Rodgers, but it just doesn't work that way.

Even if the Packer coaches and management to make mistakes along the way (and they do, as does everyone), I don't understand the lip-curling contempt that comes from you and HD.

Last edited by duck on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 am

JnC4GB wrote:Well stated MB.

I'll add this, though, I'd be a helluva lot more surprised by a 4-12 season than by a 12-4 season and a trip to the Super Bowl.

HD wrote: It's obviously a question of standard, Duck...  You think proving victorious in, if not the weakest, certainly one of the weakest divisions in football--then proceeding ahead on the annual one/done sweepstakes--tastes good, while some of us expect better when you're starting the race with the best QB in football.... You see, Duck--I see how this team could have achieved more with just a little added insight...and it frustrates me as yet another precious season with Aaron Rodgers under center is wasted

Question: Couldn't this exact same statement currently be used by Patriots' fans? After all, they haven't won a Championship in a decade despite always winning their shitty division.
And Tom Brady ain't no spring chicken...window is closing fast on them. But I've never heard a single negative peep about Belichick as a coach or as their GM.

Exactamundo, JnC. Perfect analogy. The Patriot situation parallels Green Bay almost perfectly; in fact Green Bay has more to show in the last five years. Belichick himself even admittedly single-handedly blew a game with a dumb late game decision. However, no one is ripping on the Patriots' coaching or management.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Good question, JnC.  Belichick isn't infallible certainly.  Like all coaches he's made some heat of the moment game management decisions that didn't properly play the risk/reward pyramid and it cost him.  I remember a couple from last season alone.  However, what separates the Belichick's from the one-hit wonders is obviously that he has done it multiple times.  You don't do it multiple times if your program has SYSTEMIC inadequacies.  Anybody can have an all-world QB fall in their laps, add a couple of other key pieces and make a run at the thing--but the men are separated from the boys by climbing the mountain and fucking STAYING THERE...

I submit our Fatty has a couple of these systemic issues that year after year hamper the team's ability to achieve all it otherwise could and I've well documented them...

The first is his philosophy on training/practicing/preparing for the season.  It's interesting you bring up Belichick because he has exactly the opposite philosopy as our Fatty on contact in camp--as do, I'd venture to say, most any other successful coach over the long term.  Pete Carroll.  I hate the guy.  He leaves a thick fucking trail of smarm everywhere he goes--but is he a good coach?  Fucking right he is.  He was just fined for the SECOND TIME for excessive contact/full-on practicing in pads in mini-camps/training camp.  You think he cares?  The advantage he gains by having his team tough, physical and CONDITIONED FOR CONTACT so far exceeds the penalty of the fine that he'll take the risk every time.  Our Fatty?  The legions of homer fans even begrudgingly admit his teams are *soft* and surprise surprise--perpetually injured.  Year after year after year--when the statistics show that as being an anomaly.  That, my friend, is defined as a systemic inadequacy in his program.  The faces change year to year--but you can't run and you can't hide from the disadvantage this brings...

The second systemic issue with Fatty's program is what founds the first--and so many other little things that help you lose--rather than win.  He just isn't particularly bright.  Belichick sees an issue or makes a mistake--that issue or mistake is generally identified and addressed.  Fatty takes a trip to the South Pole to figure out where he departed from--the North Pole--was fucking COLD...and even then it takes him inserting a popsicle in his ass to make the light bulb glow.    I assess things like intelligence professionally, often with far less knowlegebase to go on than I've observed with Fatty over the past several years and it's almost criminal how slow he is to (A) recognize a problematic pattern, and (B) identify the proper solution.  Whether it be game-calling situations are 3rd/short or game management decisions such as timing/circumstances the risk/reward profile is in your favor to go for it on 4th down--it has become to the point where it's a pleasant surprise when he gets it right.  You see it over and over and over again--from Rodgers disgustingly having to run out onto the field to pick up Fatty's flag to save the team a penalty...to his critical 3rd/short and 4th down play calling to his clock management...these are all opportunities to be a net add from the sidelines or a net subtraction.  Belichick is generally a net add.  Fatty unfortunately often is not--and these issues are what holds the team back from being what it could be--and stops them at just good enough to keep the homers like Duck, who populate the vast majority of the fan base--contented...  I don't ride that public transportation. My ass deserves to ride better than planted on the stinky vinyl where Julio knocked up Yolanda last night on the trip home from the crack party.   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
Milani     10-6   

It gets old.

And WHY should I be 'unhappy' or 'unsatified' when the Vikings beat the Packers?....is that a crime? You see it as me jacking off over a 'small victory" ...I see it as a lot of unhappy Packer fans....is THAT acceptable to YOU  your highness...I mean HD?

Thor

No knock on you, Thor--  I mean, WTF else as a Queens fan do you have to hang your hat on?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:21 pm

MB20 wrote:

Exactly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

MB, we ARE a serious Super Bowl contender... and have been so for each of the five five friggin seasons.  That, by definition, shows good coaching and management.

See?  You're clueless, Duck.  I can't believe you, for example, saw a team fielded last year that could have competed with the big boys who did.  Befittingly--that's why they were one/done DISPATCHED from that rarified air.  See how that works?   Laughing

The NFL is designed to create parity.  Winners are punished.  They get a lower draft pick, a tougher schedule, and to make things worse, their players are showcased and raided in free agency.  If they come up with any innovations, offensively or defensively, the rest of the league works feverishly to figure them out... or the copycats simply steal them.  And yet, year after year, Green Bay remains one of the top teams.

Even though Green Bay has been a serious contender each year, other teams are contenders too.  This is not a dogshit league.  We won it in 2010.  Capers' JV game plan cost us in 2009.  We really should have gone again in 2011 but we ran into a hot team, the eventual champs, that matched up perfectly against us.  2012 was admittedly a shitty loss but it was to a good team, the eventual NFC champ.  In 2013 we were one missed interception away from a win.

We were in the mix each of the last five years.  Now maybe you feel we should automatically get Lombardi Trophies every year just because we have Rodgers, but it just doesn't work that way.

Even if the Packer coaches and management to make mistakes along the way (and they do, as does everyone), I don't understand the lip-curling contempt that comes from you and HD.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Good question, JnC.  Belichick isn't infallible certainly.  Like all coaches he's made some heat of the moment game management decisions that didn't properly play the risk/reward pyramid and it cost him.  I remember a couple from last season alone.  However, what separates the Belichick's from the one-hit wonders is obviously that he has done it multiple times.  You don't do it multiple times if your program has SYSTEMIC inadequacies.  Anybody can have an all-world QB fall in their laps, add a couple of other key pieces and make a run at the thing--but the men are separated from the boys by climbing the mountain and fucking STAYING THERE...

I submit our Fatty has a couple of these systemic issues that year after year hamper the team's ability to achieve all it otherwise could and I've well documented them...

The first is his philosophy on training/practicing/preparing for the season.  It's interesting you bring up Belichick because he has exactly the opposite philosopy as our Fatty on contact in camp--as do, I'd venture to say, most any other successful coach over the long term.  Pete Carroll.  I hate the guy.  He leaves a thick fucking trail of smarm everywhere he goes--but is he a good coach?  Fucking right he is.  He was just fined for the SECOND TIME for excessive contact/full-on practicing in pads in mini-camps/training camp.  You think he cares?  The advantage he gains by having his team tough, physical and CONDITIONED FOR CONTACT so far exceeds the penalty of the fine that he'll take the risk every time.  Our Fatty?  The legions of homer fans even begrudgingly admit his teams are *soft* and surprise surprise--perpetually injured.  Year after year after year--when the statistics show that as being an anomaly.  That, my friend, is defined as a systemic inadequacy in his program.  The faces change year to year--but you can't run and you can't hide from the disadvantage this brings...

The second systemic issue with Fatty's program is what founds the first--and so many other little things that help you lose--rather than win.  He just isn't particularly bright.  Belichick sees an issue or makes a mistake--that issue or mistake is generally identified and addressed.  Fatty takes a trip to the South Pole to figure out where he departed from--the North Pole--was fucking COLD...and even then it takes him inserting a popsicle in his ass to make the light bulb glow.    I assess things like intelligence professionally, often with far less knowlegebase to go on than I've observed with Fatty over the past several years and it's almost criminal how slow he is to (A) recognize a problematic pattern, and (B) identify the proper solution.  Whether it be game-calling situations are 3rd/short or game management decisions such as timing/circumstances the risk/reward profile is in your favor to go for it on 4th down--it has become to the point where it's a pleasant surprise when he gets it right.  You see it over and over and over again--from Rodgers disgustingly having to run out onto the field to pick up Fatty's flag to save the team a penalty...to his critical 3rd/short and 4th down play calling to his clock management...these are all opportunities to be a net add from the sidelines or a net subtraction.  Belichick is generally a net add.  Fatty unfortunately often is not--and these issues are what holds the team back from being what it could be--and stops them at just good enough to keep the homers like Duck, who populate the vast majority of the fan base--contented...  I don't ride that public transportation. My ass deserves to ride better than planted on the stinky vinyl where Julio knocked up Yolanda last night on the trip home from the crack party.   Cool

No point giving an extended rebuttal here because I've covered most of the substance in the last few weeks. Plus, I know we're both getting bored with it.

Just a couple of quick comments. 1) I completely disagree with your theory that the McCarthy's practice habits are responsible for Green Bay's recent spate of injuries over the last few years. The Packers training staff is well aware of the problem and they will implement any modifications to the regimen, if necessary. 2) Is Fatty stupid? No, I don't think so. I don't think he's a genius either... but you don't have to be to be a good football coach. I think he's one of the best coaches in the league (top 5-7 roughly). He's organized, disciplined and despite what you say, he's an excellent game planner and play caller. The most important thing is that his players buy into him and with few exceptions, his teams show up ready to play.

I think you're nuts not to consider McCarthy (and Thompson) to be huge assets to the Green Bay Packers. Clearly they have one of the best programs in the league.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm

The first is his philosophy on training/practicing/preparing for the season.  It's interesting you bring up Belichick because he has exactly the opposite philosopy as our Fatty on contact in camp.

And yet, there were the Patriots sitting right next to the Packers on most injuries over the past 3 seasons list.

The variables and possible outcomes on a single play alone are off the charts.  Not saying you don't have a point, only that if you do, you are oversimplifying it. 

Let's at least give McCarthy this, as evidenced by his switching the routines of Friday and Saturday with each other, he's still trying to improve the results. Should he fail in a major way this season I bet Ted drops the hammer on him pretty damn quickly. Even another 1 and done could be the final straw.

We're just going to have to wait and see. Personally, I'm rooting for him to succeed. I don't love the guy, but I give him more credit than you do. Honestly, I think it could go either way with him this season: Coach of the Year or shitcanned.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

See?  You're clueless, Duck.  I can't believe you, for example, saw a team fielded last year that could have competed with the big boys who did.  Befittingly--that's why they were one/done DISPATCHED from that rarified air.  See how that works?   Laughing   Au contraire, HD.  The Packers rebounded from the Rodgers injury, played the Niners head-to-head and were a missed interception from advancing deeper into the playoffs.  You're the one who is clueless.  The Packers were a legit contender last year and they are a legit contender this year.

The NFL is designed to create parity.  Winners are punished.  They get a lower draft pick, a tougher schedule, and to make things worse, their players are showcased and raided in free agency.  If they come up with any innovations, offensively or defensively, the rest of the league works feverishly to figure them out... or the copycats simply steal them.  And yet, year after year, Green Bay remains one of the top teams.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:10 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

No point giving an extended rebuttal here because I've covered most of the substance in the last few weeks.  Plus, I know we're both getting bored with it.

Just a couple of quick comments.  1)  I completely disagree with your theory that the McCarthy's practice habits are responsible for Green Bay's recent spate of injuries over the last few years.  The Packers training staff is well aware of the problem and they will implement any modifications to the regimen, if necessary.  2)  Is Fatty stupid?  No, I don't think so.  I don't think he's a genius either... but you don't have to be to be a good football coach.  I think he's one of the best coaches in the league (top 5-7 roughly).  He's organized, disciplined and despite what you say, he's an excellent game planner and play caller.  

Spoken like the champion homer you are, Duck.  Very well done.   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:15 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

No point giving an extended rebuttal here because I've covered most of the substance in the last few weeks.  Plus, I know we're both getting bored with it.

Just a couple of quick comments.  1)  I completely disagree with your theory that the McCarthy's practice habits are responsible for Green Bay's recent spate of injuries over the last few years.  The Packers training staff is well aware of the problem and they will implement any modifications to the regimen, if necessary.  2)  Is Fatty stupid?  No, I don't think so.  I don't think he's a genius either... but you don't have to be to be a good football coach.  I think he's one of the best coaches in the league (top 5-7 roughly).  He's organized, disciplined and despite what you say, he's an excellent game planner and play caller.  

I tip my hat to the internet know-it-all who sometimes just listens to the games on the radio. cheers
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:42 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I tip my hat to the internet know-it-all who sometimes just listens to the games on the radio.  cheers
Laughing    Pssst...   Given the fact that you've admitted to not once ever seeing a game live at Lambeau, Duck, and instead choose to watch the games on TV intoxicated in your local watering hole--the Cheers references and the fact that my schedule doesn't allow for me to catch every game live or on TV is maybe something you might want to stay away from to not look like a self ass-fister, eh?  Always trying to help those in need...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next