Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Predictions.

+6
milani
MB20
throttleplate
duck
~Sheila~
RingoCStarrQB
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season Predictions. Empty Season Predictions.

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 am

OK.......let's start this calamity off.

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila
Catsy
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Season Predictions. Empty Re: Season Predictions.

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:OK.......let's start this calamity off.

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy

Sheila, this is a board tradition going back to the AOL days.  Board members predict the season record of the Green Bay Packers and usually also, how far they will advance in the playoffs, if at all.  It's not for predictions on other teams.  We can definitely do that too if you want... but we need one thread devoted exclusively to Packer predictions!

I'll be making my Packer prediction soon.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:34 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy

Sheila, this is a board tradition going back to the AOL days.  Board members predict the season record of the Green Bay Packers and usually also, how far they will advance in the playoffs, if at all.  It's not for predictions on other teams.  We can definitely do that too if you want... but we need one thread devoted exclusively to Packer predictions!

Oh, gotcha!  Sorry about that! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy

No biggie, Sheila.  Your presence here is valued.  We just need to keep you apprised of some of out little traditions... there's a lot of history with this motley crew you've fallen in with!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Sheila..........as far as I am concerned (which should be very little LOL LOL LOL) ........ you can do whatever you want LOL.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy

throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 pm

OK.......let's start this calamity off.

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck      Packers 11-5     just like last year they win the NFC North and split two playoff games (more below)
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

I actually see the Packers improved over last year.  The defense will be solid with depth in the secondary and we finally have a running game.  The concerns are that we are perilously thin at QB and OT.  If Rodgers goes down of course we are fucked.  If Bahktiari goes down or begins to struggle, we have major problems too.  The real issue is that the competition is particularly good this year.  The Niners and Seahawks will be very formidable and the Falcons could be peaking too.  As always, it could boil down to how the injuries go around the NFC and which team has the best depth.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 pm

duck wrote:Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck      Packers 11-5     just like last year they win the NFC North and split two playoff games (more below)
MB         Packers 10-6    Win NFC North; lose on wild-card weekend
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

I actually see the Packers improved over last year.  The defense will be solid with depth in the secondary and we finally have a running game.  The concerns are that we are perilously thin at QB and OT.  If Rodgers goes down of course we are fucked.  If Bahktiari goes down or begins to struggle, we have major problems too.  The real issue is that the competition is particularly good this year.  The Niners and Seahawks will be very formidable and the Falcons could be peaking too.  As always, it could boil down to how the injuries go around the NFC and which team has the best depth.
Two huge flaws from last season that never were fixed- our offensive line and Dom Capers. They will both bite us in the ass this year.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 pm

MB20 wrote:
HD
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

Two huge flaws from last season that never were fixed- our offensive line and Dom Capers. They will both bite us in the ass this year.

I'm on record for being done with Dom Capers.  I wish we had someone else.  However, he will have better talent to work with this year, particularly with a strong group of cornerbacks.  Given that one of his trademarks is exotic blitz packages, they will be far more effective this year than before.

If Bahktiari holds up, our line will be serviceable.  If not, we'll see a whole lot more of the dink and dunk offense.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
JnC
KBen
Milani      Packers  9-7
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

Difficult to predict this season. Tough schedule against some tough head coaches. Should have a Houston game where we win on the road as an underdog. D-Line has more depth which can help in the second half thru substituting. O-Line is just not going to get it done. Our division is wide open. Bears have a slightly easier schedule than us and the Vikings. Next season we'll have a more experienced D and TT can fix the O-line.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am

Ringo     Packers 10-6
Catsy    Packers 13-3  
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila

CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am

MB20 wrote:
HD
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

Absolutely true.  Throw in a kicker they cling to that cost us at least two W's last season and a Head Coach who apparently remains clueless to the need to establish an identity for the team to rally around...and it's just another precious career prime season burned of the best QB in football by a team that is just not quite good enough. 

This season?  Let me introduce you to last season.  I hate to say it--but I see nothing material there that has changed...  Our GM is too busy crying about players he let go--when he should be amping over the one's who made it...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:35 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
HD
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

Absolutely true.  Throw in a kicker they cling to that cost us at least two W's last season and a Head Coach who apparently remains clueless to the need to establish an identity for the team to rally around...and it's just another precious career prime season burned of the best QB in football by a team that is just not quite good enough. 

This season?  Let me introduce you to last season.  I hate to say it--but I see nothing material there that has changed...  Our GM is too busy crying about players he let go--when he should be amping over the one's who made it...
Agreed, HD. I think we actually managed to bail out Crosby in several of our wins last year when he had his big misses. I also recall MM opting to punt or go for it rather than going through the misery of another miss. The Indy game was his costly one. The 9ers were much in the same boat with Akers last year. He missed a few that could have beaten the Rams last season and he missed one against us in the playoff game. They got Dawson who is ancient but still a solid, dependable, long distance kicker.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
HD
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     

Agreed, HD. I think we actually managed to bail out Crosby in several of our wins last year when he had his big misses. I also recall MM opting to punt or go for it rather than going through the misery of another miss. The Indy game was his costly one. The 9ers were much in the same boat with Akers last year. He missed a few that could have beaten the Rams last season and he missed one against us in the playoff game. They got Dawson who is ancient but still a solid, dependable, long distance kicker.
Yes--and it really doesn't matter if he ultimately turns it around or not...  Like with Capers, it sends the wrong message to retain someone who has been given ample opportunity--yet repeatedly fails.  Others will expect and may even come to rely upon the same consideration...

Wait until Crosby misses a game-winning kick.  The fan response will be deafening and the fat boy will look like he's running the wind-up rubberband processor upstairs that if we really knew him--we'd confirm he really has...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Jesus, Milani, for the love of God change your font color. Aside from burning a searing hole right through my retinas, I couldn't even read it without highlighting the text.

Fuck, I think my left eye is bleeding...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Jesus, Milani, for the love of God change your font color. Aside from burning a searing hole right through my retinas, I couldn't even read it without highlighting the text.

No worries, baby...  Taken together with the periodic brain cramps suggests it's merely menstrating.  We can put a towel down over the pillow, Sharon...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:20 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck
MB
JnC
KBen
Milani
Throttle
Sheila     Giants  9 - 7
Catsy

No biggie, Sheila.  Your presence here is valued.  We just need to keep you apprised of some of out little traditions... there's a lot of history with this motley crew you've fallen in with!

Thank you.  Smile

::note to self, what have I gotten myself into?:: <g>
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Sheila..........as far as I am concerned (which should be very little LOL LOL LOL) ........ you can do whatever you want LOL.

Whatever??  Woohoo!  I love you 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:22 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Jesus, Milani, for the love of God change your font color. Aside from burning a searing hole right through my retinas, I couldn't even read it without highlighting the text.

No worries, baby...  Taken together with the periodic brain cramps suggests it's merely menstrating.  We can put a towel down over the pillow, Sharon...  Laughing 

LOL!!  Cool 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD
Duck      Packers 11-5     just like last year they win the NFC North and split two playoff games 
JnC
KBen
Milani      Packers  9-7
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     Packers 9-7

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Guess we'll have to put Harrell in for a play until we can stop it.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6
HD               10-6               Win NFC North.   Loss in divisional round of playoffs
Duck      Packers 11-5     just like last year they win the NFC North and split two playoff games 
JnC
KBen
Milani      Packers  9-7
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     Packers  9-7
Cat          Packers 13-3  

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ringo      Packers 10-6    Heart says 12-4, Head says 10-6 due to Capers factor. 
HD          Packers 10-6     Win NFC North.   Loss in divisional round of playoffs
MB         Packers 10-6     Win NFC North; lose on wild-card weekend
JnC
KBen
Milani      Packers  9-7
Throttle  Packers 10-6
Sheila     Packers  9-7
Cat          Packers 13-3  

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next