Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's game

4 posters

Go down

Today's game Empty Today's game

Post by duck Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41 pm

The Packers-Rams game was televised nationally so I got to watch it.

Hard to get too excited about a preseason game but I had a few thoughts, all of which, really, are pretty obvious.

First of all, Rodgers looked sharp. Very sharp. If i were McCarthy, I'd play him minimally in the next two preseason games.

Tolzien impressed me too. Even playing behind a porous second tier offensive line he showed poise, made quick good decisions and delivered the ball with authority. Flynn still seems sluggish (he took one ridiculous sack) but still seems to be able to move the offense. I'd be shocked if the Packers didn't keep three QBs on the roster this season.

I didn't like the way Bradford shredded our starting defense but at least our run D looked strong.

Tretter looks good to go. I think our center worries are over. On the other hand, Sherrod struggled. It's a bummer Barclay went down because, while our starting O-line looks solid, depth could be a concern.

Julius Peppers is going to help this defense a lot. He only played a few snaps but on one play especially you could see what a disruptive force he can be.

Janis is a keeper and could be a real steal. You can't teach speed and he has it. What is it with Green Bay getting all these super fast white guys (Beebe, Schroeder, Nelson and now Janis)??? Adams flashed some good stuff too. I like the way he made a catch and then absorbed a wicked hit. Unfortunately a lot of the other guys at the lower end of the depth chart suck. In a weird way it's good that Abbrederis is on IR because we have too much depth at this position and might have to give up a good player to another team.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Today's game Empty Re: Today's game

Post by JnC4GB Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Good stuff Duck. Agree with almost all of it.

The thing the really stuck out for me tonight was the play of Sherrod. Damn, does he hate Scott Tolzien or does he just suck balls?

I think it is the latter. 
2nd and 3rd stringers SMOKING your ass around the edge on every play? 
Later, fatty.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:44 am

Richard Rodgers looks like he's going to be a real player and soon. For a late third-round pick, he's looking really good. Seems to know exactly what he's supposed to be doing.

Sherrod... ugh.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:26 pm

MB20 wrote:Richard Rodgers looks like he's going to be a real player and soon. For a late third-round pick, he's looking really good. Seems to know exactly what he's supposed to be doing.

Not surprised as he went to Cal-Berkeley. They have intelligent students there...unlike the leg-humping monkeys down at Stanford.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
MB20 wrote:Richard Rodgers looks like he's going to be a real player and soon. For a late third-round pick, he's looking really good. Seems to know exactly what he's supposed to be doing.

Not surprised as he went to Cal-Berkeley. They have intelligent students there...unlike the leg-humping monkeys down at Stanford.

I've heard of poop-throwing monkeys and leg-humping dogs... but never a leg-humping monkey. The things you learn on the internet!

You're right about Cal however. It's a great school with lots of intelligent people. My wife was one of them.

And regarding Richard Rodgers, yeah, I think he's a keeper too. So far the new draft picks are looking pretty good.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I've heard of poop-throwing monkeys and leg-humping dogs... but never a leg-humping monkey.  The things you learn on the internet!

You're right about Cal however.  It's a great school with lots of intelligent people.  My wife was one of them.

And regarding Richard Rodgers, yeah, I think he's a keeper too.  So far the new draft picks are looking pretty good.
Some of them, anyway. Thornton and Bradford don't even look like they deserve roster spots at this point.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I've heard of poop-throwing monkeys and leg-humping dogs... but never a leg-humping monkey.  The things you learn on the internet!

You're right about Cal however.  It's a great school with lots of intelligent people.  My wife was one of them.

And regarding Richard Rodgers, yeah, I think he's a keeper too.  So far the new draft picks are looking pretty good.
Some of them, anyway. Thornton and Bradford don't even look like they deserve roster spots at this point.

Cheesehead TV thinks Bradford might not make the roster.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Good for CheeseheadTV.   Ringo hopes Perry, Quarless and Barclay do not make the roster.   So there................ tongue
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Good for CheeseheadTV.   Ringo hopes Perry, Quarless and Barclay do not make the roster.   So there................ tongue
Barclay's out for the year with an ACL

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 am

MB20 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I'm surprised HD isn't jacking off to a frenzy over that.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

duck wrote:

This is just the type of grammar I expect from a Stanford education.  Rolling Eyes
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:

This is just the type of grammar I expect from a Stanford education.  Rolling Eyes

No worries, JnC.  I try to bring myself to your level by drinking lots and lots of beer.   Very Happy

But surely you got my point.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:02 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

Better paddle harder, Duck.  I think I hear a banjo playing...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:13 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:

A hee hee hee

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:15 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I'm good with banjos. I just don't want to hear any screechy heavy metal music.  affraid 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:19 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I'm good with banjos.  I just don't want to hear any screechy heavy metal music.   affraid 

Lube up, Ned...  No screechy but plenty of squeelin'   Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:04 pm

A lot of kids who listen to heavy metal music end up blowing their heads off. Where's the problem?  Wink 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:52 pm

duck wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A lot of kids who listen to heavy metal music end up blowing their heads off.  Where's the problem?   Wink 
Duck--you know I've been thinking a lot about this recently, and I've concluded that it might be just what you've desperately proven to need to start doing acid again...  ...like a fresh coat of varnish on a once shiny rosewood table...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

_HD_ wrote:

A lot of kids who listen to heavy metal music end up blowing their heads off.  Where's the problem?   Wink 
Duck--you know I've been thinking a lot about this recently, and I've concluded that it might be just what you've desperately proven to need to start doing acid again...  ...like a fresh coat of varnish on a once shiny rosewood table...  Laughing

Excellent idea! Let's do some together and then hit the road at 100 mph! It'll be a gas.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:32 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Excellent idea!  Let's do some together and then hit the road at 100 mph!  It'll be a gas.   Very Happy 
LMAO! ...a round tripper for sure! Made my day with that one Duck.  Laughing

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Excellent idea!  Let's do some together and then hit the road at 100 mph!  It'll be a gas.   Very Happy 

Ah, but I don't need to be trippin' to do that, Duck...  No, I'm afraid I might turn into you and want to fire up the Lark to head on over to the bingo hall for fuckin' polka night...  No--never mind--that shit is FAR too scary... Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Seriously, HD.  It just doesn't get any better than bingo and polka after few hits of acid and a nice 100 mph road trip.

That's like seeing God.   Cool
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:56 pm

duck wrote:Seriously, HD.  It just doesn't get any better than bingo and polka after few hits of acid and a nice 100 mph road trip.

I've talked to God, Duck--and he doesn't approve...   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:10 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Seriously, HD.  It just doesn't get any better than bingo and polka after few hits of acid and a nice 100 mph road trip.

I've talked to God, Duck--and he doesn't approve...   Cool 

Did you talk to God before or after your 100 mph ride?  Cool 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Hey you whack jobs...........take a look at Lambeau Cam http://nfl.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/

Looks like the hallowed turf field is fully manicured and ready to go for the 2014 season.    Note the yellow oval around the G.   Alternating grass cuts between each vertical (that's longitudinal for you Duck) stripe.    Note that south is to the right and north is to the left.

GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down