Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason Game 1 Observations

2 posters

Go down

Preseason Game 1 Observations Empty Preseason Game 1 Observations

Post by wassejet Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:34 am

Negatives

As great as this Jet defense is touted for this year, two bugaboos are still with us. 1) Third Down. The Jets are still having difficulty shutting down a drive on third and long. 2) Pass Rush. The front four is still not able to collapse a pocket. In contrast, the Colts front four, who only have 1 guy I've heard of (Mathis), were able to get consistent pressure on Smith. Dimitri Patterson was awful. Fortunately, Luck was in there for only one series, but he showed that a good QB can still shred a good defense if there is no pressure.

Offense. Not much going on with Smith in there. The best thing that can be said of his stint is that he was able to move the ball a little (give the D a breather) and didn't turn it over.

Positives.

Eric Decker looked good, better than I thought he would. Milliner looked very good, but he's got to make that interception, if he wants to be able to back up that preseason boast. Vick looked like Vick (which is good.) Didn't expect to see McDougle play, but I liked what I saw from him. Richardson and Green performed well at RB. Both second and third string defense performed well, particulary T.J. Barnes and T. Finau. Nick Bellore missed a few tackles which was a surprise. 

You have to love Rex Ryan giving Andrew Furney the chance to make the winning FG at the end of the game. Furney has a reputation as a strong kicker, but couldn't catch on anywhere last year. He has zero chance of making the Jets, but this kick could win him a job somewhere else. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Preseason Game 1 Observations Empty Re: Preseason Game 1 Observations

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Good observations.  The team certainly needs a lot more work to make it gel.  The DL should stop reading its press clippings.  Geno looked more confident.  Decker didn't disappoint and Patterson is like Cromartie reincarnate.

Vick did not disappoint.

More to follow I'm sure.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:26 pm

LRJets wrote:Good observations.  The team certainly needs a lot more work to make it gel.  The DL should stop reading its press clippings.  Geno looked more confident.  Decker didn't disappoint and Patterson is like Cromartie reincarnate.

Vick did not disappoint.

More to follow I'm sure.
I liked Cromartie.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:16 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:Good observations.  The team certainly needs a lot more work to make it gel.  The DL should stop reading its press clippings.  Geno looked more confident.  Decker didn't disappoint and Patterson is like Cromartie reincarnate.

Vick did not disappoint.

More to follow I'm sure.
I liked Cromartie.
Cromartie grew up.  He was a good Jet.  On the down side, his last season he was beaten more often than not.  The long pass killed him last season.  I was surprised they released him before getting a viable replacement.  For that matter I like Jim Leonhard.  In Rex we trust i guess.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down