Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darrell Revis is my Binky

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Darrell Revis is my Binky Empty Darrell Revis is my Binky

Post by guppy Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 am

Wicked Awesome hat Darrell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Darrell Revis is my Binky Empty Re: Darrell Revis is my Binky

Post by LRJets Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:18 am

Bet you wouldn't say that when he wore a Yankees cap.  

Ask yourself in wonderment why a new Patriot is wearing a Bruins hat?
See if you can conclude any correlation?  You're a smart guy, you can do it. Very Happy 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

LRJets wrote:Bet you wouldn't say that when he wore a Yankees cap.  

Ask yourself in wonderment why a new Patriot is wearing a Bruins hat?
See if you can conclude any correlation?  You're a smart guy, you can do it. Very Happy 

Come on LR.  We all know what goes on here.  Laughing 

The only "good" Peyton is the one third row down, six across.  He's an awesome, first ballot, HOFer, role model in the community, of whom I have direct personal knowledge that he has saved old women, children and cats from certain death by acting in heroic fashion with no regard for his own personal safety.

The rest are evil, no good, stat hound, chokers.  

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Great player:

Sucks the Big One:

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:23 am

Cannot blame them, it's all about......

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:44 am

LRJets wrote:it's all about......

Yet we still get emotionally invested in "our" guys.  Its crazy.

But fun.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

But fun.

Sometimes you win, other times not.
e.g.  The Colts got the better of the deal when Vinateri left to go to Indy.  Again, money.  Revis to Bucs to Pats.  (Verdict out).
Goes on and on. Has been for years in most sports.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:58 pm

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

But fun.

e.g.  The Colts got the better of the deal when Vinateri left to go to Indy.  Again, money.  Revis to Bucs to Pats.  (Verdict out).

K.G. and Ray Allen coming to the Celtics only won one title (and went to another finals but lost), and you can look at their 5-6 year run, whatever it was, in Boston two ways depending on your outlook in life. 

Either you're a glass half-full guy, and say, I'll take it.  The one title was a great ride, a real party.  Loved KG and Ray Ray when they were here.

Or you're a glass half-empty guy, and you say, Pffft. They only won the thing once.  Not enough.  Not impressed.  They shoulda won more. Big disappointment.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:19 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

But fun.

K.G. and Ray Allen coming to the Celtics only won one title (and went to another finals but lost), and you can look at their 5-6 year run, whatever it was, in Boston two ways depending on your outlook in life. 

Either you're a glass half-full guy, and say, I'll take it.  The one title was a great ride, a real party.  Loved KG and Ray Ray when they were here.

Or you're a glass half-empty guy, and you say, Pffft. They only won the thing once.  Not enough.  Not impressed.  They shoulda won more. Big disappointment.

I watch Francesa on Fox1 Sports since I can't get WFAN here in Florida.  He says the same thing.  Players go to a city for a championship. Some choose a big city  because what it offers.  He said LeBron is the exception.  We'll see who offers Carmelo Anthony the max or where he goes.  I know he won't go to Miami.  No money there.  That's why San Antonio is great.  Duncan is getting $10 mill next year, Genobli $7mm.  Wade is due $22mm. Good luck with that.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

LRJets wrote:

I watch Francesa on Fox1 Sports since I can't get WFAN here in Florida.  He says the same thing.  Players go to a city for a championship. Some choose a big city  because what it offers.  He said LeBron is the exception.  We'll see who offers Carmelo Anthony the max or where he goes.  I know he won't go to Miami.  No money there.  That's why San Antonio is great.  Duncan is getting $10 mill next year, Genobli $7mm.  Wade is due $22mm. Good luck with that.

Can't you just listen to WFAN on the internet, or do you mean you want to watch them on TV and can't do that?

Oftentimes I just go on wfan.com and see who the guest is whose interview is achieved, and if its a guest I'm interested in, I will give a listen.

I listen to Beningo, but only when he talks football, not the other sports.  I get a kick out of him.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:18 pm

I just might have to get myself a Revis jersey.   Smile 

Notable Revis performances:

DateOpponentNote
9/14/2008PatriotsIn Matt Cassel's first start for New England, Revis limited Randy Moss to 2 catches for 22 yards during Jets’ 19-10 loss.
9/28/2008CardinalsRevis picked off two Kurt Warner passes, including one he returned 32 yards for a touchdown in a 56-35 Jets win.
9/13/2009TexansReigning NFL pass-catching king Andre Johnson caught just four balls for 35 yards in Jets' 24-7 Week 1 win.
9/20/2009PatriotsRevis limited Moss to just 4 catches for 24 yards as the Jets held New England without a touchdown for first time in 37 games in a 16-9 win.
11/29/2009PanthersRevis returned one of his two interceptions 37 yards to give the Jets a 7-0 lead and held Steve Smith to just 1 catch for 5 yards in a 17-6 win. 
1/9/2010BengalsChad Ochocinco, who had boasted he would dominate Revis, finished a two-game series with the Jets with a combined total of 2 catches for 28 yards, with Revis and the Jets winning both matchups and moving on to the divisional playoffs.
11/7/2010LionsCalvin Johnson caught just 1 pass for 13 yards as the Jets won, 23-20, in overtime. Said Revis, "He brought the best out of me."
11/25/2010BengalsDays after Bengals wideout Terrell Owens called Revis "average," Revis limited Owens to 3 catches for 17 yards in a 26-10 Jets win. "I showed him how an average corner plays," Revis said.
1/8/2011ColtsAll-Pro Reggie Wayne managed just 1 catch for 1 yard matched up against Revis in a wild-card game the Jets won, 17-16.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Can't you just listen to WFAN on the internet, or do you mean you want to watch them on TV and can't do that?

Oftentimes I just go on wfan.com and see who the guest is whose interview is achieved, and if its a guest I'm interested in, I will give a listen.

I listen to Beningo, but only when he talks football, not the other sports.  I get a kick out of him.

I've listened to WFAN at the computer before.  I have a desktop.  Since i'm a good relaxer, I'd prefer lying down and watching it rather than listen at my computer.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:44 am

I don't know if they have it where you are Lloyd, but CBS sports network has Boomers show on TV every morning. I've read they might carry more WFAN stuff when football starts.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 am

George1963 wrote:I don't know if they have it where you are Lloyd, but CBS sports network has Boomers show on TV every morning. I've read they might carry more WFAN stuff when football starts.
When I moved here...I had "YES" TV on a satellite dish,   Had Mike (Francesa) and Chris Russo on daily.   I like Joe Benigno, a true Jets fan on 10-1.  Boomer?  Eh.
I'm 65 miles north of Miami in Palm Beach County.  Pretty fair market.

Thanks for the 411, George.

As an aside, Gup....WFAN ran a contest many years ago for a listener to do a show with some host.  Beningo won.   He was so enthralled, he quit his job in N.J. as a frozen food salesman and took a job in Elizabeth, N.J. on some dinky station, and then began filling in on WFAN.  The rest is history.

I remenber going to a Mets playoff game in 1987. (Yes the Mets did go to a playoff game or two) Very Happy , and before the game  began it was pouring, that's when Don Imus turned on WFAN symbolically to become the nation's first all-sports radio station.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:58 am

LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:I don't know if they have it where you are Lloyd, but CBS sports network has Boomers show on TV every morning. I've read they might carry more WFAN stuff when football starts.
When I moved here...I had "YES" TV on a satellite dish,   Had Mike (Francesa) and Chris Russo on daily.   I like Joe Benigno, a true Jets fan on 10-1.  Boomer?  Eh.
I'm 65 miles north of Miami in Palm Beach County.  Pretty fair market.

Thanks for the 411, George.

As an aside, Gup....WFAN ran a contest many years ago for a listener to do a show with some host.  Beningo won.   He was so enthralled, he quit his job in N.J. as a frozen food salesman and took a job in Elizabeth, N.J. on some dinky station, and then began filling in on WFAN.  The rest is history.

I remenber going to a Mets playoff game in 1987. (Yes the Mets did go to a playoff game or two) Very Happy , and before the game  began it was pouring, that's when Don Imus turned on WFAN symbolically to become the nation's first all-sports radio station.

I'm familiar with Beningo's origins.  Started out as a regular guy who just called in frequently to talk sports, and ended up eventually hosting the show after he won the contest.  A real fan.  I can feel his pain when he talks Jets and the frustration in his voice that he been waiting 45 years for another superbowl. 

When I go to wfan.com, the 10:00 slot with Beningo is the one I click on most frequently.  Then Francesa, depending on who he is interviewing, then the morning show.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am

guppy wrote:

I'm familiar with Beningo's origins.  Started out as a regular guy who just called in frequently to talk sports, and ended up eventually hosting the show after he won the contest.  A real fan.  I can feel his pain when he talks Jets and the frustration in his voice that he been waiting 45 years for another superbowl. 

When I go to wfan.com, the 10:00 slot with Beningo is the one I click on most frequently.  Then Francesa, depending on who he is interviewing, then the morning show.

Right!  Beningo was "Joe from Saddle River".   You probably have FoxSports1 on your tv.  Francesa is on simulacast with the Fan from 1-5.   Russo is now on MadDog Radio (Sirius). Not bad, named a station after him and he gets good money.  He's a good guy. 

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:49 am

Revis limited Moss to just 4 catches for 24 yards as the Jets held New England without a touchdown for first time in 37 games in a 16-9 win.

I think you have to leave that one out. That was the game where BB claimed that Revis had help over the top on almost every play. Which is to say, I assumed at the time,  meant that there was a safety on the field on every play, and on almost every one he was looking towards the general area where Revis was embarrassing Moss.
That's all I could figure he meant by "help" anyway. 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:26 am

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:

Right!  Beningo was "Joe from Saddle River".   You probably have FoxSports1 on your tv.  Francesa is on simulacast with the Fan from 1-5.   Russo is now on MadDog Radio (Sirius). Not bad, named a station after him and he gets good money.  He's a good guy. 

Russo is often interviewed on Boston sports radio.  Well, I shouldn't say "often", but from time to time anyway.  He always gives a good interview.

The moniker "Mad Dog" is really a reflection of his passion for sports.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:28 am

George1963 wrote:Revis limited Moss to just 4 catches for 24 yards as the Jets held New England without a touchdown for first time in 37 games in a 16-9 win.

I think you have to leave that one out. That was the game where BB claimed that Revis had help over the top on almost every play. Which is to say, I assumed at the time,  meant that there was a safety on the field on every play, and on almost every one he was looking towards the general area where Revis was embarrassing Moss.
That's all I could figure he meant by "help" anyway. 

"Help" or not, 4 catches for just 24 yards, for the second greatest receiver of all time?  I'll keep it in.   Very Happy 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:33 am

"Help" or not, 4 catches for just 24 yards, for the second greatest receiver of all time?  I'll keep it in.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

But I remember Frank and Rags saying how Moss owned Revis the game he caught a one-handed pass in the end zone.

Gup, you just gave your "Welker" example of an earlier post whether you knew it or not!
For us.....he's great!
As an opponent..he sucks.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:39 am

The moniker "Mad Dog" is really a reflection of his passion for sports.

I believe Imus named him that.  Imus didn't name him for sports passion.  Imus couldn't care less. Imus named him that , well, he called their show, "Fatso and Fruit Loops". That should reveal more  the reason. Laughing   
Gotta give Russo credit.  Long Island kid who made audition tapes, bought time on local radio stations to do sports, and was picked up for spot duty
on WFAN.  
Francesa was a statistician for CBS who quit.  Auditioned for Monday Night Football but was told his NY accent was too thick.  Alas, Dennis Miller got the job.

Francesa drifted to WFAN and was dooing a program with Ed Coleman, a baseball guy, and the program director tried Francesa with Russo.  It lasted over 20 years.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 am

LRJets wrote:"Help" or not, 4 catches for just 24 yards, for the second greatest receiver of all time?  I'll keep it in.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Gup, you just gave your "Welker" example of an earlier post whether you knew it or not!
For us.....he's great!
As an opponent..he sucks.

Right.

Great:

Sucks.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:51 am

"Help" or not, 4 catches for just 24 yards, for the second greatest receiver of all time?  I'll keep it in. 

4 for 7, 24 yards and a pick. Brady had a fat 24.4 rating when throwing to Moss.
7 out of 47 attempts btw. Didn't quite make the Randy Ratio. Brady didn't want any part of Revis.
Smart fella that Brady.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm

George1963 wrote:
Smart fella that Brady.

They say he's staying away from throwing to Revis' side in practice.

So what its only going to be one year?  Got to enjoy the sun while it shines.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
Smart fella that Brady.

They say he's staying away from throwing to Revis' side in practice.

Can't understand Belichick.  Will Brady face a tougher corner in games?    Of course not, so why not throw against Revis in parcatice, and the games will be easier?
Yet Belichick has  D-lineman holding brooms up in the air at practices  for certain teams.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next