View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Darrell Revis is my Binky

Post by George1963 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm

guppy wrote:
Rick wrote:[Insert gratuitous Meagan Fox tongue-in-cheek picture here]

Ew. Toe Thumbs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ya Rick, "Ew".

The girl looks like that and ugly thumbs are a deal breaker. Buy her some gloves.
If she had thumb toes I might see it, but sheesh.
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:49 pm

George1963 wrote: Brady didn't want any part of Revis.
Smart fella that Brady.

On that very subject:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:41 pm

guppy wrote:
Smart fella that Brady.

On that very subject:

Good video. Two things;
The first interception in the highlight reel over Moss was one of the plays BB claimed Revis had safety help on. Lol
Willie McGinest. We used to see this guy in Las Vegas in the early '90 come from LA with known men. He wasn't a hanger on or a wannabe. He was a crip all the way through college and then, from what I heard, turned his back on it when he got drafted. He had the advantage of going 3000 miles away from his running buddies rather than 30, but I wish the Pats had had him talk to Hernandez at some point. Might have saved a lot of heartache.
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
Smart fella that Brady.

On that very subject:

Good video. Two things;
The first interception in the highlight reel over Moss was one of the plays BB claimed Revis had safety help on. Lol
Willie McGinest. We used to see this guy in Las Vegas in the early '90 come from LA with known men. He wasn't a hanger on or a wannabe. He was a crip all the way through college and then, from what I heard, turned his back on it when he got drafted. He had the advantage of going 3000 miles away from his running buddies rather than 30, but I wish the Pats had had him talk to Hernandez at some point. Might have saved a lot of heartache.

Interesting background info on McGuinist. 

Two men, both with a choice and an opportunity to take a different path in life.  One chose wisely.  One didn't. 

guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:23 am

George1963 wrote:

Good video. Two things;

I'll bet what happened on the play was that when Randy was into his route, the safety looked at him and leaned towards him like he was coming over to double team him with Revis, and Randy slowed up or tried to change his route, which Brady was not expecting.  Brady thought he was throwing the deep ball up for grabs, because when you have Randy, you do that, Revis or no Revis.  And Revis played it great and stayed back and just waited for the ball from Brady while Moss was doing something else. 

Because we all know what Randy was capable of when he went all out.

But by BB saying that there was "safety help", it just goes to further prove Revis' statement this week about BB.  He called Belichick a "player's coach".  So in that instance, BB was just kind of sticking up for his players Moss and Brady rather than giving Revis credit. 

But I'm sure deep down inside he was saying to himself, "Shit, if that Revis guy ever becomes available, I'm going to get him." 

Genius.  lol.

guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:32 am

guppy wrote:
Rick wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Ah, Frank, Rags, and Fern.........open-minded guys.

Rank them 1 through 3 on "open-mindedness" with 1 being the most open minded, and 3 being the least.  Please include reasons.  lol.

(This should be good.)
   bounce 

The way you talk about these guys, I wish I'd met them.

I'll leave it to Lloyd and George to describe their personalities. 

Very open minded fellows when it came to the organization in Foxboro gentlemen, yes?  Very Happy 

1. Rags was probably the most open-minded (except if he had a flip-flop).  Always loved the Jets for Namath's part in the merger.   He would sometimes take off his blindfold when it comes to a Patriot player's shortcoming(s).   He could get a bit obnoxious.  My answer to his self-created language was he was a "Patridiot".

2.  Frank was pretty close-minded, and he always provided documentation to support his ideas.  The subjective arguments were just that, subjective.  Then he used F-Bombs as documentation.

3.Fern was the least open-minded.  Could not stand any opinion going against his beloved Patriots.   He preceded his arguments by calling names.  He got it back plenty because of his style.

LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 am

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
Rick wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Ah, Frank, Rags, and Fern.........open-minded guys.

Rank them 1 through 3 on "open-mindedness" with 1 being the most open minded, and 3 being the least.  Please include reasons.  lol.

(This should be good.)
   bounce 

The way you talk about these guys, I wish I'd met them.

I'll leave it to Lloyd and George to describe their personalities. 

Very open minded fellows when it came to the organization in Foxboro gentlemen, yes?  Very Happy 

1. Rags was probably the most open-minded (except if he had a flip-flop).  Always loved the Jets for Namath's part in the merger.   He would sometimes take off his blindfold when it comes to a Patriot player's shortcoming(s).   He could get a bit obnoxious.  My answer to his self-created language was he was a "Patridiot".

2.  Frank was pretty close-minded, and he always provided documentation to support his ideas.  The subjective arguments were just that, subjective.  Then he used F-Bombs as documentation.

3.Fern was the least open-minded.  Could not stand any opinion going against his beloved Patriots.   He preceded his arguments by calling names.  He got it back plenty because of his style.

Pretty good summaries.  Frank was definitely Frank - I'll use the adjective "unique".  But I will give him credit for his posts after Patriot losses.  He made no excuses, and usually cited the reasons for the losses as being Patriot shortcomings, which I saw as accurate.  By saying that, I'm not taking credit away from the teams that beat the Pats, cause I give credit where credit is due.  But if the Pats were the pregame favorites, and then they lost in disappointing fashion, much of the blame lies in their own lack of execution, and they deserved to be called out on it.  Frank did not hold back from doing that.

guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Pretty good summaries.  Frank was definitely Frank - I'll use the adjective "unique".  But I will give him credit for his posts after Patriot losses.  He made no excuses, and usually cited the reasons for the losses as being Patriot shortcomings, which I saw as accurate.  By saying that, I'm not taking credit away from the teams that beat the Pats, cause I give credit where credit is due.  But if the Pats were the pregame favorites, and then they lost in disappointing fashion, much of the blame lies in their own lack of execution, and they deserved to be called out on it.  Frank did not hold back from doing that.

In '09 when the Jets beat the Pats, Frank did come over to the Jets board and offer congrats.  I believe Rags did too.  (But Rags was there often).
Fern, nope!
He was as sincere as a Nigerian e-mail.
To his credit, he did know capology.  Knew present day team numbers, what the front office does, should do.  He also lived 20 minutes from Foxboro and mentioned he often went to camp in the mornings.
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 pm

guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:23 pm

DARRELLE REVIS: I’M IN THE ‘BEST SHAPE OF MY CAREER’07.25.14 at 5:35 pm ET
By Christopher Price
Darrelle Revis

FOXBORO — In his first meeting with the media this summer, Darrelle Revispronounced himself to be in the “best shape of my career.”
Talking with reporters shortly after the end of Friday’s practice session, the Patriots cornerback said that even after coming back from a devastating knee injury that sidelined him for all but two games in 2012, he wasn’t where he wanted to be physically as a player.
But now, he’s feeling good about his health again.
‘€œI finished all 16 games last year but I still wasn’€™t where I wanted to be physically as a player,’€ Revis said. ‘€œThis is my first offseason where I could really focus on working out. They say it takes a year and a half, or two (to get back to full strength). I think I’€™m at a point now, I’€™m there.
‘€œI’€™m back to where I can move around a little better. Last year was really tough coming off the injury — I wasn’€™t where I needed to be. Now, I’€™m a little bit more excited. I feel the butterflies a little bit more, and I’€™m just ready to play and get ready for the season.’€
Revis was quizzed as to whether or not he feels the need to reclaim the mantle of best cornerback in the league.
‘€œI don’€™t need to prove nothing to anybody. W’s is what matters — more wins than losses. That’€™s what we want to do as a team,’€ he said.
“Everybody is great. Everybody performs well at the professional level. Those are for you guys to rate who’€™s this and that. It really doesn’€™t matter to me.’€
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top