Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Leshoure A Bust?

2 posters

Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty Is Leshoure A Bust?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 am

Two busts for possession of Mary Jane, in less than a month, and now he doesn't show up for his arraignment on the second offense? That's a felony charge. I want to go back to when CRog first broke his collarbone and had trouble getting it healed. I mentioned I had a co-worker one time that had difficulty getting a broken ankle to heal because he wouldn't quit smoking pot. Folks on the old Message board jumped on my ass about accusing CRog of being a pothead. Well guess what? He was, and still is. Is Leshoure CRog redux? It certainly looks bad from this angle. Maybe this is why Mayhew and Schwartz are sniffing around the RB James from Oregon?

Back to top Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty Re: Is Leshoure A Bust?

Post by Dawildboar Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

Not sure if he is a bust or not...But he sure is stupid and I've read somewhere "You Can't Fix Stupid!"

I didn't have big hope for him this year and now I have lower hopes for him next year. Bottom line, he cannot be trusted and that just cost his dumbass a signficant amount of scratch.

My guess is Jenkins is out the window, you don't need two, two time losers on the team.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

I am extremely disapointed in both Fairley and LeShoure. I'm even more disapointed in Mayhew! Mahew's thought process when evaluating a total package is obviously flawed. HELLO !!!! Character matters. He had to know these guys had a pot problem, and he drafts them anyway. Both were busts last season....... big suprise....not. LeShoure Looks and acts like a pot head, he probably wears his pants half way down his ass too. Fairley behaves like a pothead, speeding in residential areas with pot in his car time after time?. I'm affraid this is not going to bode well for either. Typical punk gangster mentality. Sickening when you think of all the opportunities they have in front of them, yet piss it all away. Any chance of endorsement contracts is now out the window and the idiots had a chance to grab the world by the ass.

My guess is they both are busts for the rest of their lives. The sooner they are gone the better as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am

My guess is they both are busts for the rest of their lives. The sooner they are gone the better as far as I'm concerned.

Snooker, this is when KVB earns his money...I have no doubt Fairley will have a few players and coaches in his grill come the first meeting of the team and probably more than a few times after that. Fairley and Leshoure didn't sign the mega deals that previous rookies would have. There's a lot of money on the table if they get their head on straight.

Calling Fairley a bust right now might be a bit premature but if you're shuffling the papers, he's clearly in a different pile today than yesterday. Leshoure? He's in the pile right before bust with a bright orange post-it on it.

I can only be thankful that the new rookie contracts are the stupid messes they were prior to the lockout.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

......Calling Fairley a bust right now might be a bit premature but if you're shuffling the papers, he's clearly in a different pile today than yesterday. Leshoure? He's in the pile right before bust with a bright orange post-it on it......

They are a cancer. All three players are putting their own selfish interests ahead of the team and the NFL. I'm not sure what options the Lion's have under the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement, but if there is any way to void their contracts, the Lions organization should wave that option under their noses and make it clear there is zero tolerance room from here on out. At very least, all three should be hit with a huge team fine.

Has Mayhew now lowered himself to taking the best available athlete and not taken into consideration character? It's obvious all three of the players have no respect for the huge opportunity they have been offered. These guys are in position to make millions of dollars yet feel the need to put themselves smack in the middle of livelyhood threatening situations that could ruin their entire careers and put the team that is writing their checks in a precarious posture too. Do you really think that mindset is going to change........ frankly I don't ! LeShoure blows off his court date????? This guy is so full of himself he will never change. He needs to be cut lose and I believe Fairly and Culbreath need to be put on a very short leash! I am losing respect for Mayhew.

Back to top Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty The Bust Stops Here

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 am

As I'm usually one of the first to write off a player, I'm surprising myself by saying that I wouldn't call LeShoure a bust. A definite disappointment very early but if he can get his lawyer to convince the judge he could actually contribute to society more behind a facemask than bars, that will give us a better perspective. Hopefully he will realize that his lawyer now has all of his money and the only way he's getting it back is by getting in that end zone more often than Smith or Best. He's got an opportunity and while I don't think he will capitalize on it, I will wait before passing judgement. I'm out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 am

leshoure didn't blow off his court date, he was at allen park and his lwayer has already scheduled another court date but, that said, he is in very hot water. this second offense could land him in the slammer for two years. i cut my losses with him right now if possible.

and culbreath? gone big time. why keep a 7th rounder if there is any risk at all of his contributing negatively to the team. let him stick that in his pipe and smoke it.

fairly? i am understanding why he fell to the leos. i would make that guy pee in the cup every day. he is going to need close watching and i am not optimistic. i would trade him for a mid round pick today and clean up the locker room if possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 am

Two years in the slammer for marijuana would be a complete waste of taxpayers money, not that wasting taxpayers money has ever been a consideration for much...2 weeks in the hole, to make you an example and 100 hours community service! Bam, next!

Not to get too off topic but this war on drugs is a complete waste of money. We've been fighting it for 30+ freakin years and we're losing. If you want to F yourself up go ahead, but there will be no public assistance for you.affraid
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty Need to separate the football from the personal

Post by meiden Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 am

Maybe my opinion is born from my limited regard for Mayhew's abilities on draft day. I don't regard him in total as highly as some Lions fans and as such want badly to be wrong and that his picks succeed. Whatever the reason, I think that prematurely bailing on any of the three potheads is a bad idea.

Culbreath: He is a seventh rounder that Mayhew and Schwartz spoke highly so let's see the results. He doesn't cost a thing so let him sit and learn and watch the kid like a hawk. Can he be put on the PS? Nobody will take him given his past and absolutely no real tape to consider. That would be ideal but even on the expanded roster he'd be OK.

Fairley: First offense and too high a pick to just let go. He was supposed to be the future Corey Williams. Some argue he is faster and stronger than Suh (though I am NOT one of them). Again...watch him like a hawk and get your money out of KVB since you might not get as much out of KVB on the field.

Leshoure: This is the toughest of the cases to deal with due to the futher complications associated with the Achilles injury. If Mayhew knows that Leshoure will come back 100% and still have the burst and strength than he's got to stick it out with Leshure. If there is some serious questions as to whether Leshoure will ever be the same then Mayhew needs to be working the scouts looking for a replacement in the draft. If the Lions don't have find good value at RB in the draft they really need to keep this kid at least through the year.

I think there is really little to no chance that Leshure misses any significant part of the year to prison. If that changes then all bets are off. If he is handed a sentance similar to what is normally handed out to these cases (probation or very limited incarceration), then he will likely only miss the four games laid down by the league. Heck, limited jail time might come before he is even cleared to do any real camp activity. Assuming he is not locked up during any real opportunities to work on his game, he could be ready for camp, go through the learning phase, sit out the first four games and then be ready for the last 3/4 of the season.

Now when I said watch Culbreath and Fairly like a hawk...that goes double for Leshoure. Put a guy like Best on him as a "sponsor" to work with him and keep him out of trouble.

None of this is perfect and certainly assures anyone that these guys will stay clean. Still...it's football...not the Boy Scouts. They may have to be booted at some time but not until they prove they can't get their act together.

Finally, welcome back Bongo. Glad you found your way. And a welcome to a newbie to the bunch...hope you enjoy your visit VonOkham.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty Blowing off Court Date

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

.....leshoure didn't blow off his court date, he was at allen park and his lwayer has already scheduled another court date but, that said, he is in very hot water.

Bongo, it was reported in the Detroit Free Press that Lesoure missed his first court date,

Quote:

"Lions running back Mikel Leshoure pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of possession of marijuana during an arraignment in Berrien County Trial Court on Wednesday, two days after he missed a scheduled court appearance".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Detroit Free Press must have been misinformed, them lousy buggers, pedaling lies again !

Back to top Go down

Is Leshoure A Bust?  Empty Drew Sharpe article

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 pm

This is one of the few times I actually agree with Drew Sharpe[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The issue isn't whether marijuana should be legalized or where it ranks among the litany of debilitating substances. Right now, its illegality remains the law. The only issue that matters is why three young men who have overcome more than their rightful share of obstacles allegedly risked compromising everything for something as dim-witted as getting caught in a car with pot.

One day after we learned that Lions running back Mikel Leshoure faced his second criminal marijuana possession conviction in the past month, he got some company on the "Exactly What Were You Thinking, Numbskull?" lineup.

Michigan State center Derrick Nix spent much of Tuesday in an Ingham County jail after police arrested him and accused him of marijuana possession and operating a vehicle with any presence of drugs.

And a couple of hours after that revelation, we learned that Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley was arrested and cited with second-degree marijuana possession in Mobile, Ala., after police pulled him over on suspicion of speeding.

This mandates a stern message if all three are found guilty. Just because marijuana usage is perceived as more casual than other drugs doesn't mean the punitive measures should be equally nonchalant.

Have them pack their bags (and baggies).

The Lions should kick Leshoure and Fairley off the team. And Tom Izzo should do the same with Nix.

Izzo indefinitely suspended Nix on Tuesday, calling his future with the team "uncertain" in a statement in which he also said that Nix "made an irresponsible decision that has put his future with our program in serious jeopardy."

It was only two weeks ago in a solemn MSU locker room after losing to Louisville that Nix assured the seniors leaving the program that he was ready to fill the leadership vacuum.

Well, that's up in smoke.

The Lions, meanwhile, don't need another ticking time bomb. They already have had too many explode in their faces.

They can't chance Fairley and Leshoure becoming Charles Rogers 2.0, unquestioned talent tilting toward self-destruction. And as we learned from the former wide receiver's implosion into a haze of abusive, reckless behavior, you can't stop somebody hell-bent on ruining his life. You can't trust that they eventually will learn that the first stumble could be justified as a mistake, but the subsequent stumbles are willingly made choices.

Do athletes honestly believe pot isn't a big deal? If so, the NFL and MSU can send a loud, clear signal to everybody -- including those fans who think harping on marijuana usage is overblown in relation to other illegal substances -- that criminal law, as well as league and school policy, will be strictly enforced.

Full disclosure: I might be one of the very few over 50 who has never taken a hit from a joint or a drag from a cigarette.

I was hesitant offering such private information, perhaps because I was a little embarrassed I didn't experiment with something that probably wouldn't have caused any great bodily harm if I tried it just once. It's an admission that you're probably more scared than you are cool. And who doesn't desire being cool?

But then I realized, why should I apologize for saying, "No, I'm not doing that," for whatever reasons?

If more athletes employed that single, powerful word "no," perhaps these embarrassing stories would disappear.

Contact Drew Sharp: 313-223-4055 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down