Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE Draft in real time

3 posters

Go down

THE Draft in real time Empty THE Draft in real time

Post by LRJets Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Round 1 (early)

Not crazy that Sammy Watkins went to Buffalo.  Looks like Jets might have to pick D in their first pick.
They are officially a threat with this WR corps.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

THE Draft in real time Empty Re: THE Draft in real time

Post by wassejet Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 pm

LRJets wrote:Round 1 (early)

Not crazy that Sammy Watkins went to Buffalo.  Looks like Jets might have to pick D in their first pick.
In reality, its the QB that makes the receivers (with rare exceptions) and EJ Manual still has a ways to go, so I'm not that worried. But it seems the Jets heard you anyway.  

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm

wassejet wrote:

In reality, its the QB that makes the receivers (with rare exceptions) and EJ Manual still has a ways to go, so I'm not that worried. But it seems the Jets heard you anyway.  
Since game 16, we knew the Jets need to score more points.  So for months the mocks review the offensive players the Jets might pick.  The choice of a safety threw me for a loop.  The more I read, and heard since last night - the Jets made a wise move.  With 6 more rounds we can concentrate on a WR and CB.  With 11 picks left, I wouldn't mind a bundling of two picks for a stud on the board.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri May 09, 2014 11:39 pm

LRJets wrote:

Since game 16, we knew the Jets need to score more points.  So for months the mocks review the offensive players the Jets might pick.  The choice of a safety threw me for a loop.  The more I read, and heard since last night - the Jets made a wise move.  With 6 more rounds we can concentrate on a WR and CB.  With 11 picks left, I wouldn't mind a bundling of two picks for a stud on the board.

Not sure if there are any studs left on the board. If there were they would have been drafted earlier. I like the 2nd round pick, Amaro. Definitely the second best TE after Ebron. The third round pick is worrisome. McDougle was injured most of last year. It doesn't appear the Jets see WR as a glaring need like the rest of the world does. Looks like more ground and pound next season. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 am

I was wondering if Decker and Amaro could be considered as a complete receiving corps, or there should be on the field a "true" WR?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat May 10, 2014 12:47 pm

LRJets wrote:I was wondering if Decker and Amaro could be considered as a complete receiving corps, or there should be on the field a "true" WR?
In my opinion , no. I think most people agreed that what was lacking in the Jets receiver corps was a guy who could take the top off a defense. Last year it didn't matter because teams were going to come after Smith all game long and he wouldn't have time to find a deep receiver. This year with the improved running game led by Ivory and now Johnson, teams will have respect it. Also with the addition of Vick, the Jets now have a QB who can buy time for receivers to get deep and he has the arm strength to get them the ball. I think the Jets made a mistake by not selecting one of the premier receivers in this draft. As I write this, the Jets just selected a WR from OKLA. U, but this guy, to me, seems more of a return man than a wideout. This draft says to me it's "the same old Jets." They want to win with a stifling defense and an offense that is slow (i.e. run the ball) and deliberate (don't turn it over) but not spectacular. In other words, Rex Ryan fooball.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 2:02 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:I was wondering if Decker and Amaro could be considered as a complete receiving corps, or there should be on the field a "true" WR?
In my opinion , no. I think most people agreed that what was lacking in the Jets receiver corps was a guy who could take the top off a defense. Last year it didn't matter because teams were going to come after Smith all game long and he wouldn't have time to find a deep receiver. This year with the improved running game led by Ivory and now Johnson, teams will have respect it. Also with the addition of Vick, the Jets now have a QB who can buy time for receivers to get deep and he has the arm strength to get them the ball. I think the Jets made a mistake by not selecting one of the premier receivers in this draft. As I write this, the Jets just selected a WR from OKLA. U, but this guy, to me, seems more of a return man than a wideout. This draft says to me it's "the same old Jets." They want to win with a stifling defense and an offense that is slow (i.e. run the ball) and deliberate (don't turn it over) but not spectacular. In other words, Rex Ryan fooball.

So no matter what Re: Idzik, patience, lowering the cap to solvency, good picks....he blew it with the obvious, a WR.  EVERY critic, fan, pundit said the WR lack is a must to fix.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat May 10, 2014 3:40 pm

LRJets wrote:
wassejet wrote:

So no matter what Re: Idzik, patience, lowering the cap to solvency, good picks....he blew it with the obvious, a WR.  EVERY critic, fan, pundit said the WR lack is a must to fix.
Just as I posted the previous rant, they drafted another WR from UCLA. But here's the difference: when this guy lines up wide, not too many defenses are going to shake in their boots. On the other hand, when Watkins, Beckingham, Cooks and Lee line up wide, teams will be forced to pay attention. Now it may turn out that this guy is just as dangerous as those others, but he is going to have to prove it to defenses. In Idzik's defense, with rare exceptions like R. Moss, J. Maclin, D. Jackson, etc., WR's rarely make a major impact their rookie year. It takes a while to learn the game. Nevertheless, the Jets still need an impact WR.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:
wassejet wrote:

Just as I posted the previous rant, they drafted another WR from UCLA. But here's the difference: when this guy lines up wide, not too many defenses are going to shake in their boots. On the other hand, when Watkins, Beckingham, Cooks and Lee line up wide, teams will be forced to pay attention. Now it may turn out that this guy is just as dangerous as those others, but he is going to have to prove it to defenses. In Idzik's defense, with rare exceptions like R. Moss, J. Maclin, D. Jackson, etc., WR's rarely make a major impact their rookie year. It takes a while to learn the game. Nevertheless, the Jets still need an impact WR.
The NFL is another entity that is cyclical.  Time was, you could line up a WR who runs like the wind, and the defense is afraid of that 240 lb. fullback who will run to the goal line even if there is a brick wall in front of it.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat May 10, 2014 4:51 pm

LRJets wrote:

The NFL is another entity that is cyclical.  Time was, you could line up a WR who runs like the wind, and the defense is afraid of that 240 lb. fullback who will run to the goal line even if there is a brick wall in front of it.
Very true and I think that's something the Jets just don't get. It's a passing league now. Yes, defense will keep you in games and give you a chance to win but when it comes down to the wire in the 4th quarter and your team is behind, it's offense that brings you back from the brink.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 5:35 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Very true and I think that's something the Jets just don't get. It's a passing league now. Yes, defense will keep you in games and give you a chance to win but when it comes down to the wire in the 4th quarter and your team is behind, it's offense that brings you back from the brink.
Yes, there are coaches both in football and basketball that coach to their style only, not to the skills of the players or the evolving trends.  They usually do not win.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun May 11, 2014 1:18 pm

As you know they traded Johnson so they aren't that much of a threat as they were when they made the pick. Can't believe they passed on Mack. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun May 11, 2014 2:31 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:

As you know they traded Johnson so they aren't that much of a threat as they were when they made the pick. Can't believe they passed on Mack. 
I think they wanted to remain young, so with their other receiver, Johnson became  the odd man out.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun May 11, 2014 2:53 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:

I think they wanted to remain young, so with their other receiver, Johnson became  the odd man out.
True, but I'm still happy that the Jets QBs won't have to see Mack two times a year for the next 5-10 years. All in all it looks like the Jets addressed just about every need. No stud WRs but the speedy WR should improve the offense. Also the big TE is going to come in handy in the Red Zone. Would like to see the LBs put a little more pressure on the QB's this season. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun May 11, 2014 2:56 pm

You peeps are smart fans, but I thought the message board would have more Jets posters here around draft time.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun May 11, 2014 4:34 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:You peeps are smart fans, but I thought the message board would have more Jets posters here around draft time.

We basically post the year round.  
I post on The Jets Blog  at Sports New York (SNY) . Really serious Jets fans and no trolls like AOL used to have.
I tried to carry the link here.  No go.
Go to SNY.tv.  It's Knicks, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yanks, Nets, etc.  Choose your vice.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:You peeps are smart fans, but I thought the message board would have more Jets posters here around draft time.

I post on The Jets Blog  at Sports New York (SNY) . Really serious Jets fans and no trolls like AOL used to have.
Go to SNY.tv.  It's Knicks, Jets, Giants, Mets, Yanks, Nets, etc.  Choose your vice.
Thanks Pal! 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Thanks Pal! 

The Knicks got "Dolanized" again!  Factoid:  The sweet deal Kerr got with Golden State, $25 million over 5 years, was negotiated by none other than Mike Tannenbaum.  Not bad for a guy who never coached an NBA game!   There is no Plan B for the Knicks other than  some below D'Antoni level coaches, or Phil could coach, or Phil could give back some money to Dolan and return to Cal.  In any case, a bad deal for Knicks fans.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down