Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF happened to Ted Thompson?

+2
duck
JnC4GB
6 posters

Go down

WTF happened to Ted Thompson? Empty WTF happened to Ted Thompson?

Post by JnC4GB Thu May 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Well people, if you don't like Ted it sure sounds like your wishes will be coming true shortly.

Just finished listening to him give his pre-draft press conference and he sounds bad. Like, really fucking-gonna-die-soon BAD.

He's only 61, but he sounds like an 85 year old man. Something has happened...a stroke, maybe an aneurysm...maybe heavy meds for something serious...but SOMETHING.

Fuuuuuck...    Shocked
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

WTF happened to Ted Thompson? Empty Re: WTF happened to Ted Thompson?

Post by JnC4GB Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Went and hunted down some Thompson vids from a year ago and maybe it's not as bad as I first thought. I'd now say that his speech/behavior is medication related. Really doped up.

Still, he seems waaaay older than 61...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 01, 2014 5:34 pm

That's just the way the albino rolls. He has that slow halting Texas drawl that does indeed sound like he's fucked up on something. The man has no stage presence whatsoever and is clearly uncomfortable in front of the camera. Frankly I find him refreshing compared to all the spiffed up bushy-tailed suits.

And being nine months older than Ted, I would have to say our fearless leader looks okay for his age, even if he sounds like shit.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 6:00 pm

duck wrote:That's just the way the albino rolls.  He has that slow halting Texas drawl that does indeed sound like he's fucked up on something.  The man has no stage presence whatsoever and is clearly uncomfortable in front of the camera.  Frankly I find him refreshing compared to all the spiffed up bushy-tailed suits.

And being nine months older than Ted, I would have to say our fearless leader looks okay for his age, even if he sounds like shit.

Ah shit, put the old albino in a pair of bike shorts and he'd be the beau to ball, right Duck?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:That's just the way the albino rolls.  He has that slow halting Texas drawl that does indeed sound like he's fucked up on something.  The man has no stage presence whatsoever and is clearly uncomfortable in front of the camera.  Frankly I find him refreshing compared to all the spiffed up bushy-tailed suits.

Ah shit, put the old albino in a pair of bike shorts and he'd be the beau to ball, right Duck?   Laughing

Whitey is an ex-linebacker.  Linebackers generally do not make good cyclists.  My guess is that the albino would feel more comfortable on something motorized.   Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 2:04 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Whitey is an ex-linebacker.  Linebackers generally do not make good cyclists.  My guess is that the albino would feel more comfortable on something motorized.   Very Happy 

What kind of bike do you have, Duck?

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri May 02, 2014 4:24 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Seriously?  I have a Trek Madone.  It's a nice light carbon-frame road bike that's perfect for the East Bay hills.  You can go crazy and spend a fortune on a quality racing bike but for my needs this provides an excellent bang for the buck.  If you haven't ever been on a good road bike before, it's worth checking out.  You'll be amazed at the efficiency of the power transfer and how much easier it is to go up hills.  I'm going to need all of that this weekend because I'm going on a century ride with over 8000 feet of climbing.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 4:40 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Seriously?  I have a Trek Madone.  It's a nice light carbon-frame road bike that's perfect for the East Bay hills.  You can go crazy and spend a fortune on a quality racing bike but for my needs this provides an excellent bang for the buck.  If you haven't ever been on a good road bike before, it's worth checking out.  You'll be amazed at the efficiency of the power transfer and how much easier it is to go up hills.  I'm going to need all of that this weekend because I'm going on a century ride with over 8000 feet of climbing.

Looks like a nice, light bike.  I used to have a Fuji road racer...  Loved that bike.  Been thinking about picking up another one or maybe a Motobecane and I'll check out your Trek, too.  Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 4:41 pm

JnC4GB wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 am

that bike seat of ducks would cause any mans prostate to go bad.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun May 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Apparently, there is something to this. The Twitterverse is saying that Thompson hasn't attended a single pro day this year, he may step down at the end of next season, and the next GM is most likely to be Schneider (yes please).

Also, Murphy is trying to work on a contract extension for Fatty, and the board of directors isn't exactly on board (haha) with this idea as having a coach on a long-term deal would hamper the GM search. I'm finally with HD- I'm over Murphy. I really think the Packers are heading down a path of bad stewardship with this guy.

Anyway, no concrete sources on any of this (except for the Fatty part- McGinn is reporting that), but that's what the word on the street apparently is.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 pm

If it doesn't work out I would advocate that Fatty and TT go roll one or two in Denver.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 3:15 pm

MB20 wrote:Apparently, there is something to this. The Twitterverse is saying that Thompson hasn't attended a single pro day this year, he may step down at the end of next season, and the next GM is most likely to be Schneider (yes please).

Also, Murphy is trying to work on a contract extension for Fatty, and the board of directors isn't exactly on board (haha) with this idea as having a coach on a long-term deal would hamper the GM search. I'm finally with HD- I'm over Murphy. I really think the Packers are heading down a path of bad stewardship with this guy.

Anyway, no concrete sources on any of this (except for the Fatty part- McGinn is reporting that), but that's what the word on the street apparently is.

A long-term contract extension for the fat boy would be exactly how *the murph* would respond to TT serving notice that he's saddlin' up for his last rodeo...  He's probably a very nice guy and first in line for church every Sunday but as executives go--all I need to do is extrapolate from afar what his public comments are and what he chooses to offer them on to see that he's an empty suit who almost certainly would be lost functioning in any of the roles of the VP's who report to him...

Responding in a such a way by signing Fatty long-term would be obscenely stupid, obviously--but merely the fact that, if true, it is Murphy and not TT doing it--suggests that TT is done basically and just riding out the season...

This is the underpinnings of the same mistake, essentially, that Harlan made when Wolf served notice...  Idiots insulated from anything in the way of progressive thought in Green Bay WI...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun May 04, 2014 3:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:Apparently, there is something to this. The Twitterverse is saying that Thompson hasn't attended a single pro day this year, he may step down at the end of next season, and the next GM is most likely to be Schneider (yes please).

A long-term contract extension for the fat boy would be exactly how *the murph* would respond to TT serving notice that he's saddlin' up for his last rodeo...  He's probably a very nice guy and first in line for church every Sunday but as executives go--all I need to do is extrapolate from afar what his public comments are and what he chooses to offer them on to see that he's an empty suit who almost certainly would be lost functioning in any of the roles of the VP's who report to him...

Responding in a such a way by signing Fatty long-term would be obscenely stupid, obviously--but merely the fact that, if true, it is Murphy and not TT doing it--suggests that TT is done basically and just riding out the season...

This is the underpinnings of the same mistake, essentially, that Harlan made when Wolf served notice...  Idiots insulated from anything in the way of progressive thought in Green Bay WI...
Right... why do you saddle your future GM with a head coach not of his choosing, especially if you think you are hunting the big game like Schneider? 

I've yet to see even one constructive thing Murphy has done since becoming president of this club. He just reeks of a guy who doesn't get it. The hell with running TT and Fatty out of town- he's the FIRST one I'd like to see on a one-way flight of Austin Straubel International.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 pm

There are reasons why the Distillery Bar has become so successful over on the Ashwaubenon side of Oneida near all of the other joints (on Potts/BorvanAvenue)............and this situation is one of them.   

Last time this happened we ended up going 8-8, and then hired Milani's favorite Sherman..........Can you believe that shit actually EFFEN happened?   Watch Murphy elevate McM to GM/VP/HC and replay this story over again..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go there Ringo.........don't EFFEN go there !!      

John Gruden for coach  Embarassed   Only 133 days 'til kickoff Sunday in Titletown.   albino

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Sun May 04, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:There are reasons why the Distillery Bar has become so successful over on the Ashwaubenon side of Oneida (on Potts/BorvanAvenue)............and this situation is one of them.   Last time this happened we went 8-8 and then hired our favorite Sherman..........can you believe that shit actually EFFEN happened?   Watch Murphy elevate McM to GM/VP/HC and replay this story over again..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!   

John Gruden for coach  Embarassed

Any of the above could happen.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun May 04, 2014 7:40 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:There are reasons why the Distillery Bar has become so successful over on the Ashwaubenon side of Oneida (on Potts/BorvanAvenue)............and this situation is one of them.   Last time this happened we went 8-8 and then hired our favorite Sherman..........can you believe that shit actually EFFEN happened?   Watch Murphy elevate McM to GM/VP/HC and replay this story over again..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!   

John Gruden for coach  Embarassed

Any of the above could happen.

For Milani's sake.....no more Sherman stories.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun May 04, 2014 11:48 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Looks like a nice, light bike.  I used to have a Fuji road racer...  Loved that bike.  Been thinking about picking up another one or maybe a Motobecane and I'll check out your Trek, too.  Thanks!

Hey HD, FYI, I was talking to a cyclist at one of the rest stops today and he was raving about his Motobecane. They're a little more pricey than my Trek Madone but they are arguably better bikes, although on a cost/benefit basis I'm not sure.

He was a bigger rider (weird to see on a century ride), and I know you are too... so maybe this would be a good option for you.

The bigger you are, the more benefit you get from optimizing bike features. However, you have to consider how many miles you plan to put in and what the terrain is like in your territory. If you don't have many hills and/or aren't going to be cycling that often, I would strongly suggest you do not go for the more expensive bike.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Hey HD, FYI, I was talking to a cyclist at one of the rest stops today and he was raving about his Motobecane.  They're a little more pricey than my Trek Madone but they are arguably better bikes, although on a cost/benefit basis I'm not sure.

He was a bigger rider (weird to see on a century ride), and I know you are too... so maybe this would be a good option for you.

The bigger you are, the more benefit you get from optimizing bike features.  However, you have to consider how many miles you plan to put in and what the terrain is like in your territory.  If you don't have many hills and/or aren't going to be cycling that often, I would strongly suggest you do not go for the more expensive bike.

Thanks Duck.  I appreciate the input and advice.  The quality/style/performance is obviously important but you're right, I'm not enough of a serious cyclist to warrant a large expenditure in a bike.  I just don't ride them enough and have never been one to buy something just for the *show*  I'm more all about the go...  My brother, for example, has this like $6,000 bike--and I've never seen him ride it.  He likes to show you how you can lift it with one finger--but WTF's the point if you don't put it to the road?  It's like golfing.  I don't have time to golf much at this point in my life--so why the fuck do I need the biggest, baddest Big Bertha every year and the Rodney Dangerfield cart?  My golf game mostly sucks with the time I have to work on it.  I can hit the son of a bitch into the next county--I'm just not sure which county until it lands--that is, if I can fucking find it...   Laughing  I see these jabroni's out there with their $500 drivers and half of them are worse than I am...  Again--WTF's the point?  I secretly LOL at people like that.  I would never reward myself with a set of clubs like that until I played well and often enough to justify them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:21 am

JnC4GB wrote:Went and hunted down some Thompson vids from a year ago and maybe it's not as bad as I first thought. I'd now say that his speech/behavior is medication related. Really doped up.

Still, he seems waaaay older than 61...

I just watched Teddy's presser and he didn't seem off the grid to me...  His speech is slurred at times--but I don't think that's unusual for him.  Perhaps a bit more pronounced.  He still had the twinkle in his eye... Wink 

I will say, however, that he does look like the prototypical future stroke patient and certainly sounds like he is older than what he is...and is just WAY too mellow for my taste in that role.  You can see why the accountability suffers in Fatty...  *Bumps and bruises* are his explanation for the dogshit Safety play?  *Sometimes that's just the way it turns out* is his answer for the revolving door at Center?

The Pack should already have put out feelers to Schneider--so he knows the job is his when TT retires and doesn't get locked up into a long-term contract in Seattle.  The other thing is--ideally they don't wait until Schneider is given *final say* authority over the roster there.  That would then not represent a clear step up to move to GB and draft pick compensation might be ordered by the league...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 am

I first heard the presser on the radio...seemed less dramatic re-watching it on video. But again, he still seems 81 not 61.

Also, I did hear that Thompson recently underwent a medical "procedure"...if it was heart related the beta-blockers they'd have him on now could easily be the reason behind his "one step behind the beat" speech pattern.

Bottom line: Yeah, you're right. Let's hope Schneider's phone has at least rung.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue May 06, 2014 11:30 am

Heck, even I would agree that Schneider would be a nice little upgrade over the albino. Fat chance that we ever get him however. Seattle's going to lock him up for a loooong time!

Regarding Thompson's speech... chill. He's a Texan. Texans in general speak about 50% more slowly than most other Americans.

The other issue is Thompson's uncomfortableness with public speaking.

Put them together and you have the sluggish albino we see in the press conferences.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue May 06, 2014 9:32 pm

And in case any gives a shit.........I drive a classic Japanese GT mountain bike from the mid-1980s.........with a special seat to keep by ass happy too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down