Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Thompson's Imperfect Storm

2 posters

Go down

Ted Thompson's Imperfect Storm Empty Ted Thompson's Imperfect Storm

Post by duck Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Here's a good article about TT's recent venture into free agency. It suggests, as I postulated earlier, that the signing of Saturday was because he considers that position so vital to our offense, he didn't want to rely on the draft.

The article had a very interesting quote from Thompson: "I know you guys don't believe me. But we're always active in free agency." Of course, the article went on to snicker at that, but it's interesting to hear from TT that he feels he's always done his research and shopping in free agency -- even though he usually came back empty handed.

At least we know it wasn't a blind spot.

Programatic rigidity, yes; but blind spot, no. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ted Thompson's Imperfect Storm Empty Re: Ted Thompson's Imperfect Storm

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

duck wrote:Here's a good article about TT's recent venture into free agency. It suggests, as I postulated earlier, that the signing of Saturday was because he considers that position so vital to our offense, he didn't want to rely on the draft.

The article had a very interesting quote from Thompson: "I know you guys don't believe me. But we're always active in free agency." Of course, the article went on to snicker at that, but it's interesting to hear from TT that he feels he's always done his research and shopping in free agency -- even though he usually came back empty handed.

At least we know it wasn't a blind spot.

Programatic rigidity, yes; but blind spot, no. Very Happy

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40075/packers-ted-thompsons-imperfect-storm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's never been an issue with awareness/understanding of free agency as a tool for player acquisition, Duck... It's an issue, as you say, of tunnel vision. The man likes to build through the draft. That's dandy--but the most fearsome warrior doesn't go to battle with only one weapon--no matter how well he wields it...for the battle axe has it's place--but so does the stiletto blade...and having each within ready grasp for when they prove needed...can mean your life or death... Cool

That's why, you see, TT comes out the stud when the situation/position is best addressed with draft/develop--but looks like Father Flanagan hiring Jerry Sandusky as the new shower-room attendant at Boys Town when it comes to a maturing team that needs to plug key holes right now to maximize the ability for the team collectively to achieve and fulfill it's potential within that very narrow window when the potential exists to have it all...

Bringing in a Saturday at Center? That's fucking no-brainer land. You've got what quite possibly could turn out to be the finest QB overall the league has ever seen--so let him be pressured from the edge if you must...but let him be buried up the gut for a season or two while a greenhorn Center finds his sea legs? Well...that's just time to get a fucking rope--now isn't it... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Pushing a wet rope. Still need more help on D........alot more help. Let's see how jolly Hargrove is or isn't. GO PACK
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down