Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a beer for Bernie

Go down

Have a beer for Bernie Empty Have a beer for Bernie

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Bernie Kosar: Concussions cost me a broadcasting job
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP

Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar says concussions suffered during his NFL career have caused him to develop a speech problem, which in turn led to his dismissal as the color commentator for Browns preseason games.
“I was informed yesterday by the Cleveland Browns and WKYC that I have been replaced as a 2014 preseason game day color commentator,” Kosar said in a statement, via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I believe that this decision stems from my slurred speech impairment, which is a direct result of the many concussions I received while playing in the NFL.”
Kosar’s slurred speech was noticeable when he was hired for the job, however, which raises the question of why he would get fired for it now if the Browns and WKYC didn’t have any problem with his speech at the time they hired him. It seems much more likely that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] during a preseason game last year, and[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], caused the Browns and WKYC to conclude that he’s not someone they want representing them.
But Kosar believes he’s the right person for the job.
“I would hope that WKYC would reconsider utilizing my in-game talents and overlook my concussion-induced impairment,” Kosar said.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!   This, my friends, is a carefully prepared line undoubtedly produced by Kosar's attorney in set up to the filing of a lawsuit against the Browns and their TV partner for wrongful termination as a result of a disability and further--establish Kosar as a claimant among the many in the pending concussion disability lawsuits against the league, as one with resulting claimed documented real economic damages.
The real message here:  Things aren't going so well for Bernie lately.  Bernie needs cash.

Back to top Go down