Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWEST JET!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEWEST JET! Empty NEWEST JET!

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NEWEST JET! Empty Re: NEWEST JET!

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Let's hope he's Thomas Jones and not LaDanian Tomlinson.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

wassejet wrote:Let's hope he's Thomas Jones and not LaDanian Tomlinson.
He is one of the few remianing three -down backs who can catch a ball out of the backfield.  Even in a decline in his stats, he'll give you a 1000 yds. 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

LRJets wrote:He is one of the few remianing three -down backs who can catch a ball out of the backfield.  Even in a decline in his stats, he'll give you a 1000 yds. 
And if he does that (gain 1000) for the Jets, he'll be a major offensive improvement. Jets now have to be considered a strong contender for the AFC East.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:He is one of the few remaining three -down backs who can catch a ball out of the backfield.  Even in a decline in his stats, he'll give you a 1000 yds. 
And if he does that (gain 1000) for the Jets, he'll be a major offensive improvement. Jets now have to be considered a strong contender for the AFC East.
Now the Jets can , with 12 picks go for a CB, TE, and even gamble at RB.  Last year CJ had one more reception than Kerley, the Jets' reception leader.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Former Seahawks WR Sidney Rice is in New Jersey today, visiting with the Jets. Busy day for Jets...
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:52 pm

LRJets wrote:

Now the Jets can , with 12 picks go for a CB, TE, and even gamble at RB......
Assuming we're talking about Round 1, TE if it's Eric Ebron of U.N.C. Don't think any of the other TE's are worthy of an 18 overall pick. Some mocks have the Jets taking a CB (Dennard), but this CB class isn't that strong either, but Rex loves those press corners. I still think the Jets are better off going for the speed receiver. Beckham of LSU is quick and can run back kicks. Marquis Lee is the most polished, they say. Watkins and Evans will probably be taken by the Jets turn. The Jets could still use an OLB that can do some damage getting to the QB. Coples was so-so. Pace is getting old. So if either Mack or Barr slip to 18, it would be very tempting. I don't think any RB's will be drafted in the first round, but if one was, it might be Carlos Hyde of Ohio State.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 am

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Now the Jets can , with 12 picks go for a CB, TE, and even gamble at RB......
Assuming we're talking about Round 1, TE if it's Eric Ebron of U.N.C. Don't think any of the other TE's are worthy of an 18 overall pick. Some mocks have the Jets taking a CB (Dennard), but this CB class isn't that strong either, but Rex loves those press corners. I still think the Jets are better off going for the speed receiver. Beckham of LSU is quick and can run back kicks. Marquis Lee is the most polished, they say. Watkins and Evans will probably be taken by the Jets turn. The Jets could still use an OLB that can do some damage getting to the QB. Coples was so-so. Pace is getting old. So if either Mack or Barr slip to 18, it would be very tempting. I don't think any RB's will be drafted in the first round, but if one was, it might be Carlos Hyde of Ohio State.
We have 12 picks overall.  This is a deep draft rich in WRs. We can get quality in a RB or WR in the middle rounds.  In other words, after signing CJ, we still have $26MM under cap.  We can trade up or down in the draft, and unlike Tanny , Idzik has shown with Seattle he can pick out talent without the "name".
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 am

LRJets wrote:

We have 12 picks overall.  This is a deep draft rich in WRs. We can get quality in a RB or WR in the middle rounds.  In other words, after signing CJ, we still have $26MM under cap.  We can trade up or down in the draft, and unlike Tanny , Idzik has shown with Seattle he can pick out talent without the "name".
You are absolutely right. Nevertheless, you can never tell what the Jets (or any team) will do on draft day. That's what makes it so much fun for fans. We all have our opinions on what the team needs and which players fit those needs. Who knows, even trading up is a possibility with the Jets. As for the WR's, even though there is a lot of depth, the Jets need a HR hitting guy, so why not get one of the better ones while they're there for the taking? But that's just my opinion. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 am

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

You are absolutely right. Nevertheless, you can never tell what the Jets (or any team) will do on draft day. That's what makes it so much fun for fans. We all have our opinions on what the team needs and which players fit those needs. Who knows, even trading up is a possibility with the Jets. As for the WR's, even though there is a lot of depth, the Jets need a HR hitting guy, so why not get one of the better ones while they're there for the taking? But that's just my opinion. 
I agree with your opinion.  The critics say CJ will be a complement to Powell and Ivory which is fine.  He will make a big play now and again, but he's not what he once was.  
Considering the nice job Idzik did trimming the payroll, cutting players, etc., we should go big on at least one player.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Johnson-Ivory combo can be a punishing duo if used correctly. As mentioned Johnson can also catch the ball. This should take more pressure off Geno. If still on the board I'd like to see the Jets take the big TE Ebron. But I've seen some mock drafts that have him going to the Giants. I'd like to also see the Jets draft a LB that will improve the pass rush. And yes a CB and another WR.  
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:Johnson-Ivory combo can be a punishing duo if used correctly. As mentioned Johnson can also catch the ball. This should take more pressure off Geno. If still on the board I'd like to see the Jets take the big TE Ebron. But I've seen some mock drafts that have him going to the Giants. I'd like to also see the Jets draft a LB that will improve the pass rush. And yes a CB and another WR.  
Agree with everything. Ebron would be a good Rd 1 way to go, but most mocks I've seen have him going before the Jets pick. I'll go out on a limb and say: I hope it's Vick that wins the QB battle and I think he will. He only has a few more good years left. With some of the new O signings it would be a shame to waste that on a QB that is still a question mark. Smith won't suffer so much if he spends a few more seasons as a backup. Besides, with Vick's history, he'll probably end up seeing a lot of action anyway. With this lineup plus a few good draft choices there is no doubt the Jets now have the talent to challenge NE. Now is the time to put it all on the table and go for the big win.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:48 pm

With this lineup plus a few good draft choices there is no doubt the Jets now have the talent to challenge NE. Now is the time to put it all on the table and go for the big win. 

On the SNY blog, I read this week that Brady only passed for 400 yds. total in the two games against the Jets last season.  
Surprised me.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:43 am

LRJets wrote: 
On the SNY blog, I read this week that Brady only passed for 400 yds. total in the two games against the Jets last season.  
Surprised me.

True, they were both close games and Brady was under .500 in both. They are ripe for pickin'.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:30 pm

True, they were both close games and Brady was under .500 in both. They are ripe for pickin'

Let's go Jets~

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 am

LRJets wrote:
 They are ripe for pickin'

Speaking of pickin, this pickin happened 14 years ago.  Things haven't been quite the same since.    Very Happy 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:06 am

Speaking of pickin, (sales)this pickin sale happened 14(100) years ago.  Things haven't been quite the same since.  

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Speaking of pickin, this pickin happened 14 years ago.  Things haven't been quite the same since.    Very Happy 

Didn't realize it was the 2000 draft. The Jets drafted Pennington that year, which makes it even harder to take. Brady is still the greatest that ever played the game in my opinion, which means that any game he plays in is going to be tough to win.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm

LRJets wrote:Speaking of pickin, (sales)this pickin sale happened 14(100) years ago.  Things haven't been quite the same since.  

Touche  Sad 

First Babe Ruth, then followed by

Sparky Lyle
Luis Tiant
Wade Boggs
Roger Clemens
Johnny Damon
Kevin Youkilis
Jacoby Ellsbury

who changed from Red Sox to Pinstripes.

Someone should do a tally of all the World Series rings owned by just the above players who played for both, and then say how many of those rings were won in a Red Sox uniform, and how many in a Yankee uniform?

Last edited by guppy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 pm

wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Didn't realize it was the 2000 draft. The Jets drafted Pennington that year, which makes it even harder to take. Brady is still the greatest that ever played the game in my opinion, which means that any game he plays in is going to be tough to win.

In addition to Chad Pennington five other QBs were picked ahead of TB in that draft. 
Chris Redman
Giovanni Carmazzi
Tee Martin
Spergon Wynn
Marc Bulger 

NFL Network did a show on it, "The Brady Six".  Its on YouTube.

Kind of interesting - the Patriots have used up several of their allotted prospect visits to have quarterbacks in for a look see.  Tommy had better keep an eye in the rear view mirror. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Someone should do a tally of all the World Series rings owned by just the above players who played for both, and then say how many of those rings were won in a Red Sox uniform, and how many in a Yankee uniform?

Let's leave that to George.  He'd tackle it like Teddy Bruschi.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 pm

LRJets wrote:

Let's leave that to George.  He'd tackle it like Teddy Bruschi.

I stayed away from it for fear of putting the wrong numbers on it, and risk the inevitable bombardment that would follow.  I do know that any players who went from Boston two hundred miles south to join The Empire prior to 2004 would have zero championship rings as Red Sox.  I can at least get that part right.     Smile 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by rdariusxxxx Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:Johnson-Ivory combo can be a punishing duo if used correctly. As mentioned Johnson can also catch the ball. This should take more pressure off Geno. If still on the board I'd like to see the Jets take the big TE Ebron. But I've seen some mock drafts that have him going to the Giants. I'd like to also see the Jets draft a LB that will improve the pass rush. And yes a CB and another WR.  
Agree with everything. Ebron would be a good Rd 1 way to go, but most mocks I've seen have him going before the Jets pick. I'll go out on a limb and say: I hope it's Vick that wins the QB battle and I think he will. He only has a few more good years left. With some of the new O signings it would be a shame to waste that on a QB that is still a question mark. Smith won't suffer so much if he spends a few more seasons as a backup. Besides, with Vick's history, he'll probably end up seeing a lot of action anyway. With this lineup plus a few good draft choices there is no doubt the Jets now have the talent to challenge NE. Now is the time to put it all on the table and go for the big win.

I have to disagree about Vick being the starter. His best asset was always his running ability, and that has diminished some. Geno can run and has young legs. Vick's never been a great passer. His lifetime completion percentage is right around Geno's pct. from last year. If experience is his only upside compared to Geno, I'd just as soon see how Geno develops with Vick in the wings should Smith not be able to handle it.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by rdariusxxxx Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:04 pm

guppy wrote:
wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

In addition to Chad Pennington five other QBs were picked ahead of TB in that draft. 
Chris Redman
Giovanni Carmazzi
Tee Martin
Spergon Wynn
Marc Bulger 

NFL Network did a show on it, "The Brady Six".  Its on YouTube.

Kind of interesting - the Patriots have used up several of their allotted prospect visits to have quarterbacks in for a look see.  Tommy had better keep an eye in the rear view mirror. 

Chad had quite an exceptional college career. When he was healthy he was quite good in the NFL. Hard to blame the Jets for that pick.
rdariusxxxx
rdariusxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 pm

rdariusxxxx wrote:

Chad had quite an exceptional college career. When he was healthy he was quite good in the NFL. Hard to blame the Jets for that pick.

True.  No one was, or should, criticize that pick.  I think he had a good pro career too -- until the injuries derailed it.  Other than Pennington and Brunell, the other four QBs picked before Brady are not exactly household names.  The only point being, the draft is not an exact science, and there will always be "hits" and "misses".

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next