Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mack.......

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mack....... Empty Mack.......

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Can it be true?  The white rat is finally figuring out that he has a window open with the best QB in the league and he better optimize his chances while he still has them?

Mind blowing--if true...and the foundation of legit optimism if they can pull it off without breaking the bank.  Transition tag=$10M for next season...  Interesting to see what happens...  Could lock down a legit line for the first time in a long time...

Back to top Go down

Mack....... Empty Re: Mack.......

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:Can it be true?  The white rat is finally figuring out that he has a window open with the best QB in the league and he better optimize his chances while he still has them?

Mind blowing--if true...and the foundation of legit optimism if they can pull it off without breaking the bank.  Transition tag=$10M for next season...  Interesting to see what happens...  Could lock down a legit line for the first time in a long time...

This the Alex Mack story from a couple of weeks ago........correct?

No center is or was ever worth $10M except Ringo.

GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Can it be true?  The white rat is finally figuring out that he has a window open with the best QB in the league and he better optimize his chances while he still has them?

GO PACK GO !!

I heard they just made or are very close to making him an offer...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACK GO !!

Well, I'll believe it when it really happens but even the hint of it is further affirmation that our Casper the Friendly Ghost is on top of things. I like the fact that he has a nice little bankroll to play with.

In case you all haven't noticed, all the indications for the 2014 season are nicely tracking positive. Our passing game has been top notch for a while. Check. We finally got a running game last year. Check. Our defense has been seriously upgraded with Peppers. Check. Now they are working on our O-Line. I have no doubt that the safety position will be addressed in the draft.

Call me a homer, but anyone who has been reading my posts for two decades knows that isn't true. I'm just convinced that last year was an unfortunate anomaly. We were looking good until the rash of critical injuries killed us. The one criticism of TT's roster building that I will agree with is that he didn't put enough care into the backup QB position. That hurt us. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the way he has been managing our team.

Too early to tell. We need to see how the draft goes, find out how much Peppers has left in the tank, and see if TT does in fact land Mack or make any other big moves in free agency... but right now this team has the look of a Super Bowl contender to me.

Laugh all you want.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACK GO !!

Well, I'll believe it when it really happens but even the hint of it is further affirmation that our Casper the Friendly Ghost is on top of things.  I like the fact that he has a nice little bankroll to play with.

In case you all haven't noticed, all the indications for the 2014 season are nicely tracking positive.  Our passing game has been top notch for a while.  Check.  We finally got a running game last year.  Check.  Our defense has been seriously upgraded with Peppers.  Check.  Now they are working on our O-Line.  I have no doubt that the safety position will be addressed in the draft.

Call me a homer, but anyone who has been reading my posts for two decades knows that isn't true.  I'm just convinced that last year was an unfortunate anomaly.  We were looking good until the rash of critical injuries killed us.  The one criticism of TT's roster building that I will agree with is that he didn't put enough care into the backup QB position.  That hurt us.  Otherwise, I am very pleased with the way he has been managing our team.

Too early to tell.  We need to see how the draft goes, find out how much Peppers has left in the tank, and see if TT does in fact land Mack or make any other big moves in free agency... but right now this team has the look of a Super Bowl contender to me.

Laugh all you want.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rosie doesn't think it's funny.  Rosie thinks this is proof positive you've been lying to her about having no more meth.  Rosie say's she's been waiting two weeks and is going to rip the rootstock out of your testicles the next time you come by to exploit her womanly virtues...  

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Where are you seeing this?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 pm

MB20 wrote:

Somebody from De Pere told me today that's the buzz in/around Green Bay...  The dude really wants to come to GB.  We shall see...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Somebody from De Pere told me today that's the buzz in/around Green Bay...  The dude really wants to come to GB.  We shall see...
That would be tits

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACK GO !!

Well, I'll believe it when it really happens but even the hint of it is further affirmation that our Casper the Friendly Ghost is on top of things.  I like the fact that he has a nice little bankroll to play with.

In case you all haven't noticed, all the indications for the 2014 season are nicely tracking positive.  Our passing game has been top notch for a while.  Check.  We finally got a running game last year.  Check.  Our defense has been seriously upgraded with Peppers.  Check.  Now they are working on our O-Line.  I have no doubt that the safety position will be addressed in the draft.

Call me a homer, but anyone who has been reading my posts for two decades knows that isn't true.  I'm just convinced that last year was an unfortunate anomaly.  We were looking good until the rash of critical injuries killed us.  The one criticism of TT's roster building that I will agree with is that he didn't put enough care into the backup QB position.  That hurt us.  Otherwise, I am very pleased with the way he has been managing our team.

Too early to tell.  We need to see how the draft goes, find out how much Peppers has left in the tank, and see if TT does in fact land Mack or make any other big moves in free agency... but right now this team has the look of a Super Bowl contender to me.

Laugh all you want.

Rosie doesn't think it's funny.  Rosie thinks this is proof positive you've been lying to her about having no more meth.  Rosie say's she's been waiting two weeks and is going to rip the rootstock out of your testicles the next time you come by to exploit her womanly virtues...  

TWO WEEKS??  Two fucking weeks??   Who ever heard of a meth freak who could wait TWO FUCKING WEEKS?????

Rosie's pulling a number on you.  By now, she's ripped down the doors of Roofer, Ringo, Randy and anyone in her fried brain she thinks could remotely have some of that shit.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:25 am

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

That would be tits

Exactly...  For sure one of the top three Centers in the league...and he's still young and on the upswing.  One thing that causes me wonder though...  He reportedly DOESN'T want to be in Cleveland long term and the risk, of course, is--he signs an offer sheet for a long term deal in Green Bay--and Cleveland matches it--he's stuck.  Cleveland has LOTS of cap room...  Interesting how they might be able to structure this so Cleveland wouldn't match--in the absence of the poison pill being allowed any longer...

Best route is to swing a deal with Cleveland--they rescind the tag and let the guy sign with Green Bay...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACK GO !!

Laugh all you want.

TWO WEEKS??  Two fucking weeks??   Who ever heard of a meth freak who could wait TWO FUCKING WEEKS?????

Rosie's pulling a number on you.  By now, she's ripped down the doors of Roofer, Ringo, Randy and anyone in her fried brain she thinks could remotely have some of that shit.
She said it's the thought of how you push your dong that's the only thing that gets her through it all...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Jacksonville had him in for a visit this week, and according to PFT, they are crafting an offer that the Browns will absolutely match. If TT is serious, he better get in with a better offer or hope that Mack just goes ahead and signs the transition tender and hits the market next year.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm

MB20 wrote:Jacksonville had him in for a visit this week, and according to PFT, they are crafting an offer that the Browns will absolutely match. If TT is serious, he better get in with a better offer or hope that Mack just goes ahead and signs the transition tender and hits the market next year.

Looking into it more--I just can't see how it makes sense for a team to make a transition offer at the levels necessary for the Browns not to match--and for Mack to sign anything less than the tipping point where there is any doubt that the Browns wouldn't match...

Signing the $10M transition and going to UFA the year after is clearly his best play...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Report: Jags will sign Alex Mack to an offer sheet by Friday
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
[size=15.199999809265137][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
[size=8.800000190734863]Getty Images[/size]
[size][font]
[size=15.199999809265137]The Jaguars apparently are going all in.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Jags will sign center [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to a five-year offer sheet.  Mack, who has been given the transition tag by the Browns, can sign an offer sheet with any other team.  The Browns will have five days to match.  If the Browns don’t match, they get no compensation.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]Per Schefter, the offer sheet will be “designed to make it as difficult as possible” for the Browns to match.  Without the availability of the so-called poison pill device, there’s no way that the Jaguars can construct an offer that would be on its face more painful for the Browns than it would be for the Jaguars.  Whatever the bonuses, salaries, guarantees, and cap numbers would be for the Browns, that’s what they would be for the Jaguars.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]Agent Marvin Demoff has expressed confidence that an offer sheet could be constructed that the Browns wouldn’t match.  While that may have been possible with a shorter-term deal, it will be very difficult to craft a five-year contract that will be acceptable to the Jaguars but not to the Browns.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]The only possible loophole comes from a wink-nod arrangement between the Jaguars and Mack, involving a device like (as Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]y) a mammoth balloon payment early in the 2015 league year.  The high cap number would need to be spread over the remaining four years as a signing bonus.  But if Mack tells the Browns that he’d never agree to restructure the contract in Cleveland, the Browns would have to choose between carrying a huge cap number in 2015 or cutting him.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]In Jacksonville, Mack could agree in 2015 to convert the balloon payment to a signing bonus, shrinking the cap number dramatically.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]Nice.  The letter of the poison pill prohibition intact--the spirit exploited ingeniously.  See Duck?  Give me a dollar every time the albino does something like this and you'll never go poor...    Cool [/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]Mack, Demoff, and the Jaguars would be able to truthfully say that no agreements have been reached in 2014 regarding what will happen in 2015.  And no agreements need to be reached.  It’s no secret that Demoff and the Jaguars are trying to conjure an offer sheet the Browns won’t match.  Perhaps the only way to do that is to include a term that, absent a restructuring, would be unacceptable to both teams.  It will be implied that Mack would restructure the contract for the Jaguars, and not for the Browns.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]It’s a creative approach, but it could provoke a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the Browns.  Which could spice up what would otherwise be a slow week or two in advance of the draft.[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]Regardless of how it plays out, the day on which a fictional drama about the Browns debuts could include some far more intriguing real-life drama for the franchise.[/size][/font][/size]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Ah, I can already hear the next big rant from all the Chicken Littles on the board. The albino fucked up again!! He let go of a legitimate center in EDS, failed to sign Mack and now we'll be stuck with an untested player in Tretter or, just as bad, some raw mid-round draft pick. They're even considering Barclay as a back up. Horrors! TT must be a fucking idiot to so woefully neglect this critical position. Rodgers will probably be snapped in two by a bull rush up the middle in the season opener.

That about right?  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 pm

duck wrote:Ah, I can already hear the next big rant from all the Chicken Littles on the board.  The albino fucked up again!!  He let go of a legitimate center in EDS, failed to sign Mack and now we'll be stuck with an untested player in Tretter or, just as bad, some raw mid-round draft pick.  They're even considering Barclay as a back up.  Horrors!  TT must be a fucking idiot to so woefully neglect this critical position.  Rodgers will probably be snapped in two by a bull rush up the middle in the season opener.

That about right?   Very Happy 

You just can't help yourself lately in allowing yourself to be set-up looking like a ding-dong, can you, Duck?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm

duck wrote:Ah, I can already hear the next big rant from all the Chicken Littles on the board.  The albino fucked up again!!  He let go of a legitimate center in EDS, failed to sign Mack and now we'll be stuck with an untested player in Tretter or, just as bad, some raw mid-round draft pick.  They're even considering Barclay as a back up.  Horrors!  TT must be a fucking idiot to so woefully neglect this critical position.  Rodgers will probably be snapped in two by a bull rush up the middle in the season opener.

TT must be a fucking idiot to so woefully neglect this critical position.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:13 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Fucking stupid, stupid, stupid. That god damn albino probably hasn't given this more than a few seconds of thought. I mean, here he has arguably the best fucking QB in all of pro football and he fucks around and dumps his center every year. Now he's probably going to risk that huge investment with some unknown player named JC Tretter. Who the hell is he??

What the hell is going on around here???

Idiots!!

Morons!!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 pm

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Fucking stupid, stupid, stupid.  That god damn albino probably hasn't given this more than a few seconds of thought.  I mean, here he has arguably the best fucking QB in all of pro football and he fucks around and dumps his center every year.  Now he's probably going to risk that huge investment with some unknown player named JC Tretter.  Who the hell is he??

Idiots!!

Morons!!

LOL.  Duck said the same thing last year when some expressed obvious concern that these geniuses were content to go into the season with a liability (Barclay) starting at RT--the very same liability named Barclay whose whiff sent that *Best Fucking QB in Football* to street clothes on the sidelines with a broken collarbone for the bulk of the season...   Laughing 

Keep up the good work, Roof--eh, I mean Duck...  

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Fucking stupid, stupid, stupid.  That god damn albino probably hasn't given this more than a few seconds of thought.  I mean, here he has arguably the best fucking QB in all of pro football and he fucks around and dumps his center every year.  Now he's probably going to risk that huge investment with some unknown player named JC Tretter.  Who the hell is he??

Idiots!!

Morons!!

LOL.  Duck said the same thing last year when some expressed obvious concern that these geniuses were content to go into the season with a liability (Barclay) starting at RT--the very same liability named Barclay whose whiff sent that *Best Fucking QB in Football* to street clothes on the sidelines with a broken collarbone for the bulk of the season...   Laughing 

Well, golly. The average QB gets sacked 30-40 times per season and he takes about 100-150 QB hits. Rodgers' numbers might be a little higher because he holds on to the ball longer.

It's small minded to put the blame on Barclay for Rodgers' injury... but of course that's what fans do. Ya gotta have a scapegoat. That fucking piece of shit Barclay, he almost got our All-World QB killed. That fucking moron Thompson, he didn't pay adequate attention to our offensive line. You hear that stuff each and every time an impact player gets injured. Fans love to whine.

The sad truth is that in this violent sport, 3-4 QBs go down just about every week. Rodgers has been lucky. With his style he could have been taken out many other times in his career. Since he's been a starter he's had a couple of concussions, a broken collarbone, and an assortment of other lesser injuries.

Go ahead and put that on the offensive line, or your favorite target Barclay, but anyone who tries to get a broader perspective realizes that that's just part of football. Shit happens.

But of course it's much easier to just fume and spit and blame it on our fucking stupid moron of a general manager who blithely ignores the obvious logic that anyone on a Cheers barstool can see.  Very Happy 

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:22 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Idiots!!

Morons!!

Well, golly.  The average QB gets sacked 30-40 times per season and he takes about 100-150 QB hits.  Rodgers' numbers might be a little higher because he holds on to the ball longer.  

It's small minded to put the blame on Barclay for Rodgers' injury... but of course that's what fans do.  Ya gotta have a scapegoat.  That fucking piece of shit Barclay, he almost got our All-World QB killed.  That fucking moron Thompson, he didn't pay adequate attention to our offensive line.  You hear that stuff each and every time an impact player gets injured.  Fans love to whine.

The sad truth is that in this violent sport, 3-4 QBs go down just about every week.  Rodgers has been lucky.  With his style he could have been taken out many other times in his career.  Since he's been a starter he's had a couple of concussions, a broken collarbone, and an assortment of other lesser injuries.

Go ahead and put that on the offensive line, or your favorite target Barclay, but anyone who tries to get a broader perspective realizes that that's just part of football.  Shit happens.

But of course it's much easier to just fume and spit and blame it on our fucking stupid moron of a general manager who blithely ignores the obvious logic that anyone on a Cheers barstool can see.   Very Happy 

Sounds like the same story of 2005 only the names have been changed to protect the same GM.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:45 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Idiots!!

Morons!!

Well, golly.  The average QB gets sacked 30-40 times per season and he takes about 100-150 QB hits.  Rodgers' numbers might be a little higher because he holds on to the ball longer.  

It's small minded to put the blame on Barclay for Rodgers' injury... but of course that's what fans do.  Ya gotta have a scapegoat.  That fucking piece of shit Barclay, he almost got our All-World QB killed.  That fucking moron Thompson, he didn't pay adequate attention to our offensive line.  You hear that stuff each and every time an impact player gets injured.  Fans love to whine.

The sad truth is that in this violent sport, 3-4 QBs go down just about every week.  Rodgers has been lucky.  With his style he could have been taken out many other times in his career.  Since he's been a starter he's had a couple of concussions, a broken collarbone, and an assortment of other lesser injuries.

Go ahead and put that on the offensive line, or your favorite target Barclay, but anyone who tries to get a broader perspective realizes that that's just part of football.  Shit happens.

But of course it's much easier to just fume and spit and blame it on our fucking stupid moron of a general manager who blithely ignores the obvious logic that anyone on a Cheers barstool can see.   Very Happy 

Sounds like the same story of 2005 only the names have been changed to protect the same GM.

Believe me if I ever see the kind of shit I saw in back in 2005, I'll be leading the charge to shitcan Fatty and Whitey.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Browns center Alex Mack signed five-year, $42M offer sheet that includes $26M guaranteed with Jaguars.

Rolling Eyes 
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 pm

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next