Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Jackson-DeSean

2 posters

Go down

The Other Jackson-DeSean Empty The Other Jackson-DeSean

Post by LRJets Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Upon DeSean's release from the Eagles, I was against him becoming a Jet.  Without any proof of real wrongdoing, and thus far nothing further coming to the surface,
why not?

We got Phil- now get Desean!
Tired of the Jets playing golf in late December!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ·  · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Other Jackson-DeSean Empty Re: The Other Jackson-DeSean

Post by wassejet Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34 pm

LRJets wrote:Upon DeSean's release from the Eagles, I was against him becoming a Jet.  Without any proof of real wrongdoing, and thus far nothing further coming to the surface,
why not?

I agree. He would make the Jets offense a thing to be feared around the league. The Jets offense lacked a deep threat on two counts 1) a QB who could deliver a deep ball and 2) a receiver who could catch it. With Vick and Jackson, the Jets will have that threat because defenses already know what damage those two can do. If they continue with Smith at QB, not so much. Defenses will still try to clog up the middle on Smith and dare him to beat them deep. It would also free up the Jets from drafting a deep threat WR. Instead they can go for the TE Ebron or possibly a pass rushing OLB. I know the Jets are a little short on DB but none of the DB's seem worthy of a No. 18 pick. I would rather the Jets pick a WR with that pick where there is a lot of talent this year.   

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:56 am

I agree. He would make the Jets offense a thing to be feared around the league. The Jets offense lacked a deep threat on two counts 1) a QB who could deliver a deep ball and 2) a receiver who could catch it. With Vick and Jackson, the Jets will have that threat because defenses already know what damage those two can do. If they continue with Smith at QB, not so much. Defenses will still try to clog up the middle on Smith and dare him to beat them deep. It would also free up the Jets from drafting a deep threat WR. Instead they can go for the TE Ebron or possibly a pass rushing OLB. I know the Jets are a little short on DB but none of the DB's seem worthy of a No. 18 pick. I would rather the Jets pick a WR with that pick where there is a lot of talent this year.    

I read in SNY, the Jets might be interested in RB Chris Johnson.  I'm against that.  He has shown a steady decline over the past three seasons.  I think with an improved receiving corps, the running game can only get better.
Why committ to millions per season on Johnson?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 am

LRJets wrote:
I read in SNY, the Jets might be interested in RB Chris Johnson.  I'm against that.  He has shown a steady decline over the past three seasons.  I think with an improved receiving corps, the running game can only get better.
It's all relative, depending upon what he's asking and what the Jets are willing to commit. If he came here with a reasonable contract..... then sure, why not! He may not gain 2000 yds, but he can certainly gain 1000 in his sleep and the Jets don't have a 1000 yd rusher on the roster. If the Jets signed Jackson and Johnson, they would have to be considered a strong contender to finish atop the AFC East and they have the money to do it. Who knows? Even Fireman Ed might return with that lineup!

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:18 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:
It's all relative, depending upon what he's asking and what the Jets are willing to commit. If he came here with a reasonable contract..... then sure, why not! He may not gain 2000 yds, but he can certainly gain 1000 in his sleep and the Jets don't have a 1000 yd rusher on the roster. If the Jets signed Jackson and Johnson, they would have to be considered a strong contender to finish atop the AFC East and they have the money to do it. Who knows? Even Fireman Ed might return with that lineup!
Your point is good, but remember, Johnson's holdout caused him to sustain an injury upon return.  (See Darelle Revis' return, a hammie).  In Johnson's case, he never returned to his form.
"Ring rust" seems to hit football players the hardest.  
So....with Godson(sp), Bilal, and Ivory, in addition to some nice weapons for the QB(?) to throw to, things look promising in late March.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 pm

LRJets wrote:Your point is good, but remember, Johnson's holdout caused him to sustain an injury upon return.  (See Darelle Revis' return, a hammie).  In Johnson's case, he never returned to his form.
"Ring rust" seems to hit football players the hardest.  
So....with Godson(sp), Bilal, and Ivory, in addition to some nice weapons for the QB(?) to throw to, things look promising in late March.
All RB's have some off years due to injury and whatever. I remember Freeman McNeil had some off years but bounced back. It's rare to have a Curtis Martin or Tikkey Barber type back who stays healthy year after year. True, Johnson is unlikely to run for 2000 yds again but you have to remember he carried the ball for almost 350 times that year. That's an awful lot in today's NFL. Johnson is still relatively young (28). The thing that Johnson gives an offense that the other Jet RB's do not, is the threat to take the ball to the house every time he touches it. That is equivalent to a long TD bomb. The one thing any defense tries to avoid is a quick score. Therefore D coordinators will have to pay special attention when Johnson is in the game. That, in turn, will open up other offensive possibilities including the passing game.    

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

All over Jet Nation, the blogs, the websites, Jets fans are debating, concluding, inferring what will be with only one thing in mind.....
What is Idzik doing, if anything?

I hope he has a plan because our cornerback situation is left with Milliner as the top gun.  While he showed improvement in the last 3 games, I trust to say he was better as a senior than anybody coming out this year.
Since Idzik did nothing during free agency, it looks a bit scary.
Under the  cap monies are only good to spend wisely.   Jet Nation and Woody wants results now!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down