Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

+2
duck
~Sheila~
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

Post by JnC4GB Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:58 pm

MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Currently 19 degrees here in Madison, but the snow melted enough this week on the backyard deck that I'm smoking a chicken in the Webber tonight.

LIKE A BOSS  Twisted Evil 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh this looks good, browning very nicely and crispy skin.  Mmm mm mmm!

I love the charcoal BBQ's, just not the same with gas.
Ehhh... I grilled some tasty T-bones last night on my gas grill.. I was no worse off for the experience Cool

Shelia: gets it
MB: MD Jennings
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:09 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Headin' out to Eden Prairie for the TC's best champagne brunch now with roasted chicken on my mind...  Get yours tonight to represent like the one in the pic, and you'll be rockin' the casbah, Clifford...   Laughing

I'm guessing Woody's.

amirite?

No.   Santorini.  At $40/head--it's pricey (unless you're Ringo--bottomless cocktails included)...but all the other's just compete for second place on the selection/food quality. The roasted lamb/mint sauce is delicious.  Get a reservation well in advance--or be the chucklers in the lobby at the back of the bus starving for your ass to finish lingering over your last mimosa...   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:29 pm

MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Currently 19 degrees here in Madison, but the snow melted enough this week on the backyard deck that I'm smoking a chicken in the Webber tonight.

Ehhh... I grilled some tasty T-bones last night on my gas grill.. I was no worse off for the experience Cool

No doubt--soooo much better than indoor cooking.  Gas grills are great for convenience--and you can get the food to taste pretty damn good after a couple of years of the grill seasoning properly--but there is simply no substitute for a real wood/charcoal roast.  It's like fireplaces--I just built (130 hours later) the nicest custom gas stone fireplace I've ever seen in a home--but it's still not real wood.  Impossible by code to do one in the lower-level of a four level home not tied into the central chimney system.  On the grill,  I do gas 75% of the time...but when I have the time/priority to make it truly special--it's no-brainer-- either the charcoal grill or the water smoker.  You simply  haven't eaten until you've had one of my 12 hour smoked brandy/cherrywood prime ribs on the smoker...and everything you consume until the next one is just filler...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Not usually a prime rib guy, but that sounds good. Usually folks just throw that Flintstone's sized slab o meat in the over to roast...always leaves me...underwhelmed. 

My wife, on the other hand, will kill for a cut of that shit bloody rare. Kinda scary, actually.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

No doubt--soooo much better than indoor cooking.  Gas grills are great for convenience--and you can get the food to taste pretty damn good after a couple of years of the grill seasoning properly--but there is simply no substitute for a real wood/charcoal roast.  It's like fireplaces--I just built (130 hours later) the nicest custom gas stone fireplace I've ever seen in a home--but it's still not real wood.  Impossible by code to do one in the lower-level of a four level home not tied into the central chimney system.  On the grill,  I do gas 75% of the time...but when I have the time/priority to make it truly special--it's no-brainer-- either the charcoal grill or the water smoker.  You simply  haven't eaten until you've had one of my 12 hour smoked brandy/cherrywood prime ribs on the smoker...and everything you consume until the next one is just filler...

Been thinking about this for awhile so now's the time to finally make it happen (again).  I used to be a grillin' maniac but just stopped many years ago due to pure laziness.  I have nice 22" Weber with the little table attached to it which I do NOT fire up nearly as often as I should (even in winter here in MD).  What I do NOT have is a smoker (ala HD's comment).  OK.........what do you recommend for a smoker?    It would only be for small batches .......... no feeding an Army at my home.    I see Walmart sells a little Weber smoker for about $200.   See http://www.walmart.com/ip/34702942?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227023483357&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=37073417341&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=66539979901&veh=sem
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:29 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Not usually a prime rib guy, but that sounds good. Usually folks just throw that Flintstone's sized slab o meat in the over to roast...always leaves me...underwhelmed. 

My wife, on the other hand, will kill for a cut of that shit bloody rare. Kinda scary, actually.

It's the most flavorful cut of meat by virtue of the marbling/fat and a good bone-in ribeye roasted over the coals is hard to beat...  I really don't do prime rib anymore in a restaurant.  I'm always left disappointed.  Smoked prime rib is just a whole 'nuther level above.

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Smoke + fire + meat.

Just another thing that's going to shorten our lives.

But that's one trade-off I willingly make. I'll take a joy-filled 75 years over a boring-ass 89 every time.

Yippie-Kie-yaaaaa mutherfuckas   drunken
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Smoke + fire + meat.

But that's one trade-off I willingly make. I'll take a joy-filled 75 years over a boring-ass 89 every time.

Moderation and mitigation, my friend...  As long as genetics is on your side--there's no reason why one should have to trade years for joy.  I say--eat your steak...and wash it down with a nice, cheery pinot noir.  Bam.   -1 + +1= push and you have the added benefit of helping a nice, juicy steak fulfill it's destiny...  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 am

JnC4GB wrote:Smoke + fire + meat.

Right on, JnC.

Two responses. First, I'm not entirely sure barbecued meat is bad for you. Man has been eating burnt meat since the caveman days. I suppose if you consumed massive amounts of it to the exclusion of other foods it wouldn't be so great... but protein is a good thing and meat has lots of it. I would argue that most of these quack fad diets (especially vegan) are far worse for you. It's all about balance and moderation, IMHO.

Secondly, I would argue that the occasional indulgences actually lengthen your life expectancy. Alcohol, drugs, and burnt meat make us happy. Being happy rejuvenates the spirit and that has immeasurable health benefits.

So grill away... and wash that burnt meat down with some alcoholic libations. It's good for you.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Will have to break out the grilled marinated pork tenderloin recipe............ take a pork tenderloin and throw it in a large plastic bag (1 or 1/2 gallon ZIPLOC bag that won't leak I guess) and a quart of marinade made of the following (made up the amounts.........this isn't an analytic chemistry lab experiment):  low salt soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh cut ginger, fresh cut garlic..........some water and a splash of vino.     Soak the meat for about a day.     Pull the meat out of the bag and cut it up into approximately 1.5 inch slices.   Grill it.    Eat with rice and whatever vegetable makes you happy.    Slosh down with whatever.   How's that?

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Another easy one is marinated skirt steak.   Marinate the skirt steak overnight in Italian salad dressing.   That's it.........yummy.

Anyone have a can't miss teriyaki marinade? .......... for marinating steak?   Great for doing kabobs.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:02 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Another easy one is marinated skirt steak.   Marinate the skirt steak overnight in Italian salad dressing.   That's it.........yummy.

Anyone have a can't miss teriyaki marinade? .......... for marinating steak?   Great for doing kabobs.

Still using the Dick Weber grill?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Another easy one is marinated skirt steak.   Marinate the skirt steak overnight in Italian salad dressing.   That's it.........yummy.

Don't forget Carmen Salvino, Earl Anthony, Ernie Schlegel, Teata Simez and Johnny Petraglia.

My bowling alley was Kuglitsch's..............sort of rhymes with Leinenkugels........... drunken 
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

Don't forget Carmen Salvino, Earl Anthony, Ernie Schlegel, Teata Simez and Johnny Petraglia.

My bowling alley was Kuglitsch's..............sort of rhymes with Leinenkugels........... drunken 

Listen Ringo--what have I told you about self-dosing?  Take the dose prescribed and NO LESS OR MORE the dose prescribed.  This is what happens when you start to feel better--think you're cured, and stop with your medication, ol' chum...   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

Listen Ringo--what have I told you about self-dosing?  Take the dose prescribed and NO LESS OR MORE the dose prescribed.  This is what happens when you start to feel better--think you're cured, and stop with your medication, ol' chum...   Cool

Seriously, HD, what's the fun in that?  I'm with Ringo.  Double or triple the dosage and let things rip!   Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:48 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

Seriously, HD, what's the fun in that?  I'm with Ringo.  Double or triple the dosage and let things rip!   Very Happy
Believe me--Ringo's issues aren't manifest in taking too much medication...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:01 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

Ever hear of Billy Welu?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
milani wrote:

Ever hear of Billy Welu?   Nope........
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2