Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

+2
duck
~Sheila~
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow... Empty Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Bloody Mary anyone?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow... Empty Re: Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Love Bloody Mary's, but this one is just a bit too much!  

Happy Spring!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow... Empty Re: Ahhh...1st day of Spring buried in snow...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:Love Bloody Mary's, but this one is just a bit too much!  

Happy Spring!!

As, although like Bloody's, I enjoy Winter, I thought it was fitting--as it has been just a bit too much for my taste as well...   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 pm

I've been wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt all week. No show shoveling for me... No Sir-ee Bob!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 pm

I haven't turned on either the heat or the AC in a month. I wish I could make this last year-round.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 am

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:Love Bloody Mary's, but this one is just a bit too much!  

Happy Spring!!

As, although like Bloody's, I enjoy Winter, I thought it was fitting--as it has been just a bit too much for my taste as well...   Wink

I do enjoy winter as well.  I LOVE the snow and we had a great winter with it this year.  I'm ready now for Spring.  All the snow here has melted and we should be in the 60's today.  However, Tuesday they are calling for snow!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 am

duck wrote:I've been wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt all week.  No show shoveling for me... No Sir-ee Bob!

Have you ever lived in a cold weather climate?
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

MB20 wrote:I haven't turned on either the heat or the AC in a month. I wish I could make this last year-round.

It does sound perfect, but I think I'd miss the change of seasons. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:45 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:I've been wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt all week.  No show shoveling for me... No Sir-ee Bob!

Oh yeah... I was born in Wisconsin! However, I've lived in the Bay Area since 1962 and my blood has long since thinned.

I'll admit snow is pretty but, for me, there's nothing to do in it. I tried skiing but quickly gave it up after a particularly horrendous day. I never tried it until my mid-40's, when I met my wife. She egged me on and told me that since I was a strong athlete I would pick it up easily. So (critical mistake here!) without any lessons or anything I just started doing it. I quickly got past the bunny hills and by my third or fourth trip was doing some high intermediate slopes. However on that one fateful day, the hill was very icy. Well, I didn't know how the fuck to handle it and as a result I took several ugly falls. The end result was that I almost ended up in the hospital but instead went back to the lodge with bruises from head to toe. I could barely move for about a week. I never tried skiing again and never will. End of story.

Two weeks ago we went to Colorado and the temperature dropped to the 20's. That was the coldest weather I've been in for probably a decade or two. I hated it.

Keep me nice and warm, thank you very much.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:13 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Oh yeah... I was born in Wisconsin!  However, I've lived in the Bay Area since 1962 and my blood has long since thinned.  

I'll admit snow is pretty but, for me, there's nothing to do in it.  I tried skiing but quickly gave it up after a particularly horrendous day.  I never tried it until my mid-40's, when I met my wife.  She egged me on and told me that since I was a strong athlete I would pick it up easily.  So (critical mistake here!) without any lessons or anything I just started doing it.  I quickly got past the bunny hills and by my third or fourth trip was doing some high intermediate slopes.  However on that one fateful day, the hill was very icy.  Well, I didn't know how the fuck to handle it and as a result I took several ugly falls.  The end result was that I almost ended up in the hospital but instead went back to the lodge with bruises from head to toe.  I could barely move for about a week.  I never tried skiing again and never will.  End of story.

Two weeks ago we went to Colorado and the temperature dropped to the 20's.  That was the coldest weather I've been in for probably a decade or two.  I hated it.

Precisely why Eddie Bauer, Sorel, Marmot, REI and Cabela's are there to help you out Duck.  Combine those catalogs/stores with a bottle of cognac and an old blanket (or hunk of styrofoam) to sit on and you'd be all set............even down to -15 F Ice Bowl weather (for 5 hours at the very very least).    A good ole blanket to sit on at Lambeau Field is all you'd ever want in your life after the catalog clothes are attired and shots of cognac taken.   Seeing Randall Cobb back there taking the opening kickoff after the national anthem would likely cause you even more chills as the body fights cognac against emotions.  Stand up for the entire game in 5 F weather  ........ even have a couple of beers ........ go in the Men's Room to warm up every now and then .......... see beer freeze!!  Now that's a Packers game in Titletown.   JnC is here to tell you too.

TITLETOWN USA ........... where the low temperature today was/is 7 F.   The low tomorrow is expected to be 5 F.   http://nfl.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:33 pm

I just got up.  Bright, beautiful shiny day!  15 fucking degrees...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:I just got up.  Bright, beautiful shiny day!  15 fucking degrees...   Laughing 

Just walked to the mailbox to get the mail...................68 degrees.   Nice !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Oh yeah... I was born in Wisconsin!  However, I've lived in the Bay Area since 1962 and my blood has long since thinned.  

I'll admit snow is pretty but, for me, there's nothing to do in it.  I tried skiing but quickly gave it up after a particularly horrendous day.  I never tried it until my mid-40's, when I met my wife.  She egged me on and told me that since I was a strong athlete I would pick it up easily.  So (critical mistake here!) without any lessons or anything I just started doing it.  I quickly got past the bunny hills and by my third or fourth trip was doing some high intermediate slopes.  However on that one fateful day, the hill was very icy.  Well, I didn't know how the fuck to handle it and as a result I took several ugly falls.  The end result was that I almost ended up in the hospital but instead went back to the lodge with bruises from head to toe.  I could barely move for about a week.  I never tried skiing again and never will.  End of story.

Two weeks ago we went to Colorado and the temperature dropped to the 20's.  That was the coldest weather I've been in for probably a decade or two.  I hated it.

Precisely why Eddie Bauer, Sorel, Marmot, REI and Cabela's are there to help you out Duck.  Combine those catalogs/stores with a bottle of cognac and an old blanket (or hunk of styrofoam) to sit on and you'd be all set............even down to -15 F Ice Bowl weather (for 5 hours at the very very least).    A good ole blanket to sit on at Lambeau Field is all you'd ever want in your life after the catalog clothes are attired and shots of cognac taken.   Seeing Randall Cobb back there taking the opening kickoff after the national anthem would likely cause you even more chills as the body fights cognac against emotions.  Stand up for the entire game in 5 F weather  ........ even have a couple of beers ........ go in the Men's Room to warm up every now and then .......... see beer freeze!!  Now that's a Packers game in Titletown.   JnC is here to tell you too.

TITLETOWN USA ........... where the low temperature today was/is 7 F.   The low tomorrow is expected to be 5 F.   http://nfl.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/

Fuck that. My feathers begin to wilt when it drops below 50.

Today will be the 6th or 7th straight day over 70 here. Perfect day for a couple of hours of ping pong and a nice bike ride up in the hills.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:09 pm

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Fuck that.  My feathers begin to wilt when it drops below 50.

Today will be the 6th or 7th straight day over 70 here.  Perfect day for a couple of hours of ping pong and a nice bike ride up in the hills.

Poor Duck..Sounds like you never will have a kid life again.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:32 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
MB20 wrote:I haven't turned on either the heat or the AC in a month. I wish I could make this last year-round.

Oh, it changes- it's gonna get hotter than a motherfucker around here in about another month Laughing

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:48 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

If you like variation in weather, I've got a place for you.  It's called Mars.  The temperature there ranges from 95 to -243 degrees Fahrenheit.

Me?  I like a nice comfortable range year round.  A perpetual 60-80 degrees would be perfect for me.

Who knows, the way global warming is going that could soon be Green Bay weather while Oakland gets swallowed up by the ocean.   affraid
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am

Currently 19 degrees here in Madison, but the snow melted enough this week on the backyard deck that I'm smoking a chicken in the Webber tonight.

LIKE A BOSS  Twisted Evil 

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Currently 19 degrees here in Madison, but the snow melted enough this week on the backyard deck that I'm smoking a chicken in the Webber tonight.

Yum.  Headin' out to Eden Prairie for the TC's best champagne brunch now with roasted chicken on my mind...  Get yours tonight to represent like the one in the pic, and you'll be rockin' the casbah, Clifford...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Headin' out to Eden Prairie for the TC's best champagne brunch now with roasted chicken on my mind...  Get yours tonight to represent like the one in the pic, and you'll be rockin' the casbah, Clifford...   Laughing

I'm guessing Woody's.

amirite?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:36 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Ouch!  Glad to hear it was only bruises, even though very painful.
I haven't been on skies in a long time myself.  I do enjoy though sitting in the lodge by the fire, with a drink and watching the skiers come down the mountain.  That's about the extent of it these days for me. 

Is it really true that ones blood thins out while living in warmer climates?  I've heard this quite often, even from my family that won't come visit me during the Christmas holiday, they say come south!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:37 pm

_HD_ wrote:I just got up.  Bright, beautiful shiny day!  15 fucking degrees...   Laughing 

Put on your winter woolies and you are good to go!  Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:39 pm

MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Oh, it changes- it's gonna get hotter than a motherfucker around here in about another month Laughing

Good luck with that!!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 pm

duck wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

If you like variation in weather, I've got a place for you.  It's called Mars.  The temperature there ranges from 95 to -243 degrees Fahrenheit.

Me?  I like a nice comfortable range year round.  A perpetual 60-80 degrees would be perfect for me.

Who knows, the way global warming is going that could soon be Green Bay weather while Oakland gets swallowed up by the ocean.   affraid

Mars...sometimes I feel like I am on Mars, but that has to due more with people than with the climate.  lol

I definitely feel there is a slow change in weather patterns happening, after all it even snowed in Florida this year.

I'm still enjoying the cold and snow, but I know when we retire we will be heading to a warmer climate.  Shoveling snow in my old age, that doesn't appeal to me. :/
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:44 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Currently 19 degrees here in Madison, but the snow melted enough this week on the backyard deck that I'm smoking a chicken in the Webber tonight.

Oh this looks good, browning very nicely and crispy skin.  Mmm mm mmm!

I love the charcoal BBQ's, just not the same with gas.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:50 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Oh this looks good, browning very nicely and crispy skin.  Mmm mm mmm!

I love the charcoal BBQ's, just not the same with gas.
Ehhh... I grilled some tasty T-bones last night on my gas grill.. I was no worse off for the experience Cool

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next