Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hockey kicks ass...

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hockey kicks ass... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey kicks ass...

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

milani wrote:

milani wrote:Hard to believe but the Bruins have won 10 in a row. They seem headed for another Cup final.
I would be shocked if another team won the east. They are head and shoulders better than the rest of the conference.

Agreed! 

Nash had a great game last night, I am hoping it continues for him.  Rangers really need to pick it up!

That makes 11 in a row. Winning in Colorado is difficult with the altitude when you only go there once a year.

Saw the Flyers a couple of times this week. 5 wins in 8 days. Their motor is going full speed. Took down the Blues today. Mason looks tough. Could make a huge difference in the playoffs.

Phew...Rangers made it into the playoffs!

The Rangers really did a nice job over the back half of the season.  I think the trading deadline activity may have woken some people up there and AV seems to have done a nice job of pulling that team together in his first year...but hey comin' off of Torts--most anyone is a pretty good comparison, eh?   Wink 

Now the challenge to see if anyone in the East ( or for that matter the West ) can outlast the Bruins this playoff. They seem almost unstoppable.

Yeah?  Somebody forgot to get the Wild the memo tonight...  Outplayed the big, big Bruins throughout the game...  Real pleasure watching Julien's red-assed beet burnin' a double-triple on his blood pressure in OT launching into a tirade on his Captain--Chara, for getting knocked on his ass by Nino...   Twisted Evil   

Peakin' at the right time, bitchezzzzz--as the two best in the East--Pens and Bruins, go down in flames to the Wild...  Blues up next.

Great energy by the Wild last night. They know how to play the Bruins. Be physical in the corners and in front of the net. 5 penalties by the Wild last night. Uncharacteristic but it sent a message to the Bees that they won't get pushed around. Great goal tending in the Shootout.

This year, despite having a schedule that on paper was hellacious, the Wild has gone 5-0-1 in the past six games. In that stretch, the Wild beat Boston, L.A. and Pittsburgh and got a point against Chicago. Those four teams have won the last five Stanley Cups. Toss in the Detroit win March 22 and that’s the last six Stanley Cup winners.
“More importantly I feel good about where our game is at right now,” Yeo said. “We want to build our game right now. I was glad playing teams like Boston and Pittsburgh and L.A. and all these teams. Listen, if we want to have a chance of doing anything, we’re going to have to beat good teams and be at our best. We know what our game is, there’s confidence in it. I feel like we’re ready for the playoffs right now.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien said of the Wild, “The quicker you can clinch, the better it is. To me, I was really impressed with the effort, especially in the third period. Third game in four nights, and there’s some desperation there, and you want to clinch. You find that energy somewhere and I thought there was some pretty good energy in the third period.”

Love to see the Wild lay it on the Blues tonite!

Unfortunately--not gonna happen, Milani.  Yeo has made the wrong call and has decided to put a bullet into the mo they have generated over the past two weeks and start a goalie has hasn't played an NHL game since 2010 and is dressing Rupp, Heatley, etc...  He's basically tanking this game because he is afraid of playing the Blues in the first round of the playoffs.  Very, very inastute move that reflects that the Wild are still a ways away from their destination...

About as insane as when we beat Dallas last year. Outshot 45-15 and you win 4-2. Could be some crazy playoffs this year. Colorado breathing down the Blues' neck.

Crazy playoffs almost always makes the games better!  
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Hockey kicks ass... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey kicks ass...

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:UConn HUSKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cousin of the famous 2013 Orange Bowl crashers.........the now famous NIU HUSKIES.

Congrats to the UConn guys and gals! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2