Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete Jets Draft Table

Go down

Complete Jets Draft Table Empty Complete Jets Draft Table

Post by LRJets Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 am

Round Pick Overall Selection

1 16 16 Jets own selection
2 15 47 Jets own selection

3 14 77 Jets own selection

4 19 154 Jets own selection

5 17 187 From Phi through Ind in D. Stanton trade

6 33 202 Compensatory pick

7 7 214 From Jax in D. Lowery trade

7 35 242 Compensatory pick

7 37 244 Compensatory pick

6 34 203 Compensatory pick

7 7 214 From Jax in D. lowery trade

7 7 242 Compensatory pick

7 7 244 Compensatory

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Complete Jets Draft Table Empty Re: Complete Jets Draft Table

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

LRJets wrote:
Round Pick Overall Selection
1 16 16 Jets own selection
2 15 47 Jets own selection

3 14 77 Jets own selection
4 19 154 Jets own selection
5 17 187 From Phi through Ind in D. Stanton trade
6 33 202 Compensatory pick
6 34 203 Compensatory pick
7 7 214 From Jax in D. lowery trade
7 7 242 Compensatory pick
7 7 244 Compensatory

Although this isn't supposed to be a very deep draft, those late round picks come in handy and give a team the first shot at some of the later round players. There's usually a player or two in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 am

Sorry for the mish-mosh way the table came out on here. You seemed to repair it.

The deeper you go in the draft or better put, the more DPs you have, still have less four-leaf clovers than higher picks although history shows it is a crap shoot.

Having said that, I'd trade a few later round DPs plus an early one to move to get Trent Richardson.

With the recent trend of running backs being devalued, this guy is a can't-miss stud.

A guy can dream.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 am

LRJets wrote:Sorry for the mish-mosh way the table came out on here. You seemed to repair it.

The deeper you go in the draft or better put, the more DPs you have, still have less four-leaf clovers than higher picks although history shows it is a crap shoot.

Having said that, I'd trade a few later round DPs plus an early one to move to get Trent Richardson.

With the recent trend of running backs being devalued, this guy is a can't-miss stud.

A guy can dream.

I'd root for the Pats to make a move for Richardson, but they wouldn't use him if they got him. They're too pass-happy to use a RB with his skill level and would just waste him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 am

I'd root for the Pats to make a move for Richardson, but they wouldn't use him if they got him. They're too pass-happy to use a RB with his skill level and would just waste him.

This off-season the Pats have been very "unPatsman like". They picked up their 4th running back and are also over loaded with receivers.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm

LRJets wrote:I'd root for the Pats to make a move for Richardson, but they wouldn't use him if they got him. They're too pass-happy to use a RB with his skill level and would just waste him.

This off-season the Pats have been very "unPatsman like". They picked up their 4th running back and are also over loaded with receivers.

Don't get me staaahted.

Too late.

There's one reason why they don't have another SB title since 2005. The pass-happy offense.

I also don't care for letting BJGE go for a mere 3 mil a year. It's one thing to want an older player to take a little less, but that guy deserved to be paid.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:08 pm

I also don't care for letting BJGE go for a mere 3 mil a year. It's one thing to want an older player to take a little less, but that guy deserved to be paid.

Have to agree. It wasn't as if he was in intense negotiations with NE, they were resolved not to even dangle some money for him to re-sign. Consensus is he is a steady, productive RB having never fumbled.

I'd want him as a Jet all day.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Have to agree. It wasn't as if he was in intense negotiations with NE, they were resolved not to even dangle some money for him to re-sign. Consensus is he is a steady, productive RB having never fumbled.

I wish BJGE the best. But truth is tough to give a guy 3 million a year when there is a guy in back of him averaging over a yard more a carry. Add to that they drafted another RB in the second round they are pretty high and brings something to the table that none of their RBs have, track star speed. I can't blame them for not resigning him, can't blame him for leaving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 am

I see a spot in there for Danny Coale. If you need a WR that can punt, return punts, pass, hold for the place kicker, sell popcorn, park cars and be the in-game announcer, then Danny is your guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:25 am

I see a spot in there for Danny Coale. If you need a WR that can punt, return punts, pass, hold for the place kicker, sell popcorn, park cars and be the in-game announcer, then Danny is your guy.

Sounds as if he could save a roster spot or three. Some team will grab him.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:41 pm

Dawger75 wrote:Have to agree. It wasn't as if he was in intense negotiations with NE, they were resolved not to even dangle some money for him to re-sign. Consensus is he is a steady, productive RB having never fumbled.

I wish BJGE the best. But truth is tough to give a guy 3 million a year when there is a guy in back of him averaging over a yard more a carry. Add to that they drafted another RB in the second round they are pretty high and brings something to the table that none of their RBs have, track star speed. I can't blame them for not resigning him, can't blame him for leaving.

I just hated to see the kid leave, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Vereen and Ridley get some more time next year. I like Woodhead better too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Dawger75 wrote:Have to agree. It wasn't as if he was in intense negotiations with NE, they were resolved not to even dangle some money for him to re-sign. Consensus is he is a steady, productive RB having never fumbled.

The one big problem I see with letting BJGE go, was the other guys are change of pace backs, and receivers out of the backfield. BJGE would get you the tough yardage, and set things up for the speed guys. With him gone as the bell cow, can these other guys sustain that explosiveness through 25 carries per game or w/e? Plus down close to the goal line, when yards are much harder to come by, can they bull their way through a defense? IDK, but we will find out in a few short months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:33 pm

The one big problem I see with letting BJGE go, was the other guys are change of pace backs, and receivers out of the backfield. BJGE would get you the tough yardage, and set things up for the speed guys. With him gone as the bell cow, can these other guys sustain that explosiveness through 25 carries per game or w/e? Plus down close to the goal line, when yards are much harder to come by, can they bull their way through a defense? IDK, but we will find out in a few short months.

Time will tell, but one thing to keep in mind Stevan Ridley is pretty deceptive. At 5-11, 225lbs he was biggest back on the roster last season. RB is one position I am not worried about on roster, now if you want to talk DE/OLB lots of questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Dawger75 wrote:The one big problem I see with letting BJGE go, was the other guys are change of pace backs, and receivers out of the backfield. BJGE would get you the tough yardage, and set things up for the speed guys. With him gone as the bell cow, can these other guys sustain that explosiveness through 25 carries per game or w/e? Plus down close to the goal line, when yards are much harder to come by, can they bull their way through a defense? IDK, but we will find out in a few short months.

Time will tell, but one thing to keep in mind Stevan Ridley is pretty deceptive. At 5-11, 225lbs he was biggest back on the roster last season. RB is one position I am not worried about on roster, now if you want to talk DE/OLB lots of questions.

My Jets are in the same boat with the DE / OLB deal. I have hope for Wilkerson, coming into his second year with an actual training camp. Though the Jets need a pure pass rusher somewhere. Maybin played great, but he's a speed rusher, we need a guy with good technique who can move a blocker, not just try to run by him. lol

As for Ridley, size doesn't always equal bruising runner, but nevertheless it's a a good point. Just have to see how it plays out. BJGE was pure money in the red zone, so he has decent shoes to fill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:03 pm

My Jets are in the same boat with the DE / OLB deal. I have hope for Wilkerson, coming into his second year with an actual training camp. Though the Jets need a pure pass rusher somewhere. Maybin played great, but he's a speed rusher, we need a guy with good technique who can move a blocker, not just try to run by him. lol

As for Ridley, size doesn't always equal bruising runner, but nevertheless it's a a good point. Just have to see how it plays out. BJGE was pure money in the red zone, so he has decent shoes to fill.

I am hoping the Ridley/Vereen combo at RB is somewhat like the Gronk/Hernandez combo at TE, that would be a home run for the Pats. I was impressed with the way Ryan used Maybin, and think it was more Ryan putting Maybin in a position to succeed that led to his success. Pass rushers are at a premium. It will be interesting to see what the Jets do, every mock has them taking someone different. Personally, I think Ingram is a perfect fit for what Ryan likes to do, he can used in so many ways. Problem is does he fall that far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Dawger75 wrote:My Jets are in the same boat with the DE / OLB deal. I have hope for Wilkerson, coming into his second year with an actual training camp. Though the Jets need a pure pass rusher somewhere. Maybin played great, but he's a speed rusher, we need a guy with good technique who can move a blocker, not just try to run by him. lol

I am hoping the Ridley/Vereen combo at RB is somewhat like the Gronk/Hernandez combo at TE, that would be a home run for the Pats. I was impressed with the way Ryan used Maybin, and think it was more Ryan putting Maybin in a position to succeed that led to his success. Pass rushers are at a premium. It will be interesting to see what the Jets do, every mock has them taking someone different. Personally, I think Ingram is a perfect fit for what Ryan likes to do, he can used in so many ways. Problem is does he fall that far.

I am with you on the Maybin deal, he was used in a way that emphasized his abilities. He's not an every down player, and that was the key. If you play him every snap, he doesn't have the size / strength to go one on one all day, and he is of little use against the run, so you wear him out. Now when he can utilize his speed on a 3rd and long or other obvious passing down, he doesn't have that explosiveness because he's been fighting in the trenches all night. Rex / Pettine played that poifectly.

I think Ingram would fit nicely. I don't think he gets past Buffalo / Seattle personally, but I have seen him going as late as the mid 20's in some mocks.

I cant see the RB combo being anywhere near as good as your TE combo. Gronk and Hernandez are exceptionally gifted for TEs and Hernandez has WR speed with TE size. I just don't see the same level of talent between Ridley / Vereen. Not knocking them, but your TEs are a pretty rare combo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down