Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Idzik

3 posters

Go down

John Idzik Empty John Idzik

Post by LRJets Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:53 pm

The fact that they maybe spent less on their two signings so far than expected so paying a premium to land a key guy could be done without breaking their salary structure. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Embrace the patience"?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

John Idzik Empty Re: John Idzik

Post by bowlerman422 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Who are you taklking about? Is it Michael Vick? There are no high value free agents that the Jets really need. All the free agents that would really help the Jets are gone. Question

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:05 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:Who are you taklking about? Is it Michael Vick? There are no high value free agents that the Jets really need. All the free agents that would really help the Jets are gone. Question
I was talking about the free agents that went to other teams which could have possibly served the Jets well.
Verner-CB,  MJD-RB, a few others.  I'm not saying Idzik is entirely wrong.  The fans want immediate action. That's why we're fans.  Front offices pick and hope it succeeds because it's their jobs on the line.
I don't want Vick if not a back up.  I don't want him starting and holding back Geno's development by him sitting on the bench.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm

I think that Michael Idzik is the worst GM of any team in any sport. I think that his job is not to sign players, but to save money for Johnson. How many of the free agents from this year would have Tannenbaum signed. I think that he would have signed anhy player that the Jets needed.
As I wrote before. I think that Idzik is doing this on purpose. Make the Jets stink. He willl then talk Johnson to fire Ryan. He will then bring in his own coach.

No

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:I think that Michael Idzik is the worst GM of any team in any sport. I think that his job is not to sign players, but to save money for Johnson. How many of the free agents from this year would have Tannenbaum signed. I think that he would have signed anhy player that the Jets needed.
As I wrote before. I think that Idzik is doing this on purpose. Make the Jets stink. He willl then talk Johnson to fire Ryan. He will then bring in his own coach.

No
Michael Idzik is undoubtedly the worst GM, but fortunately he is not the GM of the Jets, John Idzik is. First of all, Tannenbaum and his predecessor, Bradway, signed plenty of FA's but what do they have to show for it? Nada. It's important to remember that the Seahawks built their championship team primarily through the draft, and where did Idzik work before coming to NY? That's right! There are many reasons that FA's go on the market and most aren't good. Usually, it's because a team doesn't think they will get the value for the asking price. If they did, they would have been signed to long term deals or franchised. But there are other reasons as well, including age and injury. I'm glad that Idzik is taking a sensible approach to free agency. For me, the expectation for the Jets this season should be improvement, not the Super Bowl. The Jets went 8-8 last year with a good defense and a horrible offense. With some offense tweaking, it's not unrealistic to expect the Jets to improve to 10-6 this coming season and that should be good enough for the playoffs. The following year, going deep into the playoffs is a realistic goal and that's when anything can happen.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 pm

I made a mistake about his first name. But, I di not make a mistake about the office that he holds. You claim that there was nada under Tannenbaum. How about going to the AFC finals ( one step below Supper Bowl) twice with a bunch of rented players. I still think that John's plan is to make the Jets stink. That way he can have Rex fired. Any player that wants money. John won't talk to. The Jets have plenty of cap money, by getting rid of 3 players. So what is his excuse?

Shocked

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:54 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:I made a mistake about his first name. But, I di not make a mistake about the office that he holds. You claim that there was nada under Tannenbaum. How about going to the AFC finals ( one step below Supper Bowl) twice with a bunch of rented players. I still think that John's plan is to make the Jets stink. That way he can have Rex fired. Any player that wants money. John won't talk to. The Jets have plenty of cap money, by getting rid of 3 players. So what is his excuse?

Shocked
What players would you want him sign?

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

The Jets coyuld use a Corner back, Right tackle, wide receiver. A safety won't hurt either. The Jets have so many holes to fill. I really don't know where to start. Ops, I forgot an outside linebacker. That won't hurt either. A backup QB. One that won't cause dissension over wanting to start. Should I go on? Or do you get the point?

Sad

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am

bowlerman422 wrote:The Jets coyuld use a Corner back, Right tackle, wide receiver. A safety won't hurt either. The Jets have so many holes to fill. I really don't know where to start. Ops, I forgot an outside linebacker. That won't hurt either. A backup QB. One that won't cause dissension over wanting to start. Should I go on? Or do you get the point?

Sad
But you still didn't say which players? Signing just any player isn't going to solve the problem. No GM can fill every perceived hole. What a good GM should do is make sure the team is competitive. Solid defensively (the Jets are), and try to get the offense to the point where they can generate some points so the defense isn't constantly on the field and playing from behind. Even teams like the Pats and Broncos, have holes, but their offenses are so good that you can get away with mediocre players at a few positions. The Jets don't have to have an all-pro at every position to be a good football team. Geno Smith didn't do enough last year for the Jets to say hands down, "yes, you're our QB." I think Vick will give the Jets offense some instant credibility. I don't see any dissension once either Vick or Smith is named the starter. The players on the Jets want to win above all and they will support the player who gives them the best chance to win. Is Vick in the same class as Brady or Manning? No, but he is an offensive threat that opposing teams will have to reckon with. Yes, I would have liked the Jets to sign DeSean Jackson and Chris Johnson, but the asking price may be too high. The Jets have 12 draft picks this year and this is a very deep draft especially for WR's. Besides that, there will still be plenty of free agents out there for signing, without spending out of panic. I would rather see build through the draft and sign FA's judiciously than have a win now at any cost stategy. In short, I'm okay with the road Idzik is taking for now. I'm willing to wait and see.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

People should know Idzik was not the GM of Seattle.  He was the "numbers guy" there.  I'm not even sure he has the nose for talent.
Russell Wilson is such an exception to everything traditional in the protype of building an NFL team.

He's a third round pick, he beat out the other players in Pete Carroll's early tenure as a coach.  Wilson is smart, a quick learner, and everything just gelled for that team.
If you recall, Carroll was the HC of the Patriots and the Jets.  He didn't survive either team very long.

Idzik is a fiscal conservative who guards the wallet of the team owner who employs him.
Maybe his way will work out?  Unfortunately for Jets fans who are stsrving for a winner, fell upon these times in the NFL where it's a QB-driven league, and the have-nots will not prosper.
A good running back will not be picked as a #1 draft pick for a long time.  Even established veterans have been de-valued. 

I repsect Phil Simms' knowledge of the game and he recently said that Geno Smith is better than any QB coming out of college this year.  He ended last season nicely, and I'd love to see him do some damage with our new receiving corps and his own legs when in the Red Zone.   I'm not sorry we didn't get DeSean Jackson.  This is a rich WR draft. and being on a team as the Redskins will only  induce his bad habits to emerge.
Hopefully it will be interesting.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 pm

LRJets wrote:People should know Idzik was not the GM of Seattle.  He was the "numbers guy" there.  I'm not even sure he has the nose for talent.
Russell Wilson is such an exception to everything traditional in the protype of building an NFL team.

He's a third round pick, he beat out the other players in Pete Carroll's early tenure as a coach.  Wilson is smart, a quick learner, and everything just gelled for that team.
If you recall, Carroll was the HC of the Patriots and the Jets.  He didn't survive either team very long.

Idzik is a fiscal conservative who guards the wallet of the team owner who employs him.
Maybe his way will work out?  Unfortunately for Jets fans who are stsrving for a winner, fell upon these times in the NFL where it's a QB-driven league, and the have-nots will not prosper.
A good running back will not be picked as a #1 draft pick for a long time.  Even established veterans have been de-valued. 

I repsect Phil Simms' knowledge of the game and he recently said that Geno Smith is better than any QB coming out of college this year.  He ended last season nicely, and I'd love to see him do some damage with our new receiving corps and his own legs when in the Red Zone.   I'm not sorry we didn't get DeSean Jackson.  This is a rich WR draft. and being on a team as the Redskins will only  induce his bad habits to emerge.
Hopefully it will be interesting.
True about Idzik. But also true of Bradway and Tannenbaum. We won't know what he brings to the table for a while. In the great scheme of things, he may not be the all-powerful guy on the Jets that we think he is. I recall Charlie Casserly describing when he became GM of the Redskins. Joe Gibbs was the coach and Casserly said he was third in the pecking order behind Gibbs and the owner. I'm pretty sure the GM doesn't call the shots in NE either. Can't say for sure about a runner not being a #1 pick. If the circumstances are right, it could happen. DeSean Jackson is a unique talent, he is a threat anytime he touches the ball, even on punts, just ask the Giants. But as has been mentioned, there are quite a few WR's in this years draft with that kind of speed, Brandin Cooks and Odell Beckham Jr. to mention two who could be there when the Jets draft.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:43 pm

DeSean Jackson signed with the Redskins. Not enough structure on that team leaving too much room for him to mess up off the field. This year's draft for WRs is the best in 20 years.
The Jets had these types filled with "me" too often.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:30 pm

LRJets wrote:
DeSean Jackson signed with the Redskins. Not enough structure on that team leaving too much room for him to mess up off the field. This year's draft for WRs is the best in 20 years.

I don't care what they're filled with as long as they catch the ball.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Ah yes, but how many times did trouble brew to a head when the ball was "not thrown enough to them"??   Led to total team disarray and distraction.

Keshawn Johnson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Ochocinco
Santonio Holmes
DeSean Jackson
            Betcha I missed some.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

LRJets wrote:
wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Ah yes, but how many times did trouble brew to a head when the ball was "not thrown enough to them"??   Led to total team disarray and distraction.

Keshawn Johnson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Ochocinco
Santonio Holmes
DeSean Jackson
            Betcha I missed some.

With the possible exception of Ochocinco, all of the above have played in a Super Bowl. All receivers want to be thrown the ball and are unhappy if they aren't. They wouldn't be good football players if the they didn't. They interviewed Jerry Rice, Isaac Bruce and Marvin Harrison a while back, all considered the nicest guys anyone would want to meet. They all said there would be a problem if they weren't thrown to enough.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:
Ah yes, but how many times did trouble brew to a head when the ball was \"not thrown enough to them"??   Led to total team disarray and distraction. wrote:
Keshawn Johnson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Ochocinco
Santonio Holmes
DeSean Jackson
            Betcha I missed some.

With the possible exception of Ochocinco, all of the above have played in a Super Bowl. All receivers want to be thrown the ball and are unhappy if they aren't. They wouldn't be good football players if the they didn't. They interviewed Jerry Rice, Isaac Bruce and Marvin Harrison a while back, all considered the nicest guys anyone would want to meet. They all said there would be a problem if they weren't thrown to enough.
Saw an NFL Network panel with Brian Dawkins on it today. They were discussing DeSean Jackson, a former teammate of Dawkins, and what transpired over the week with him being cut and signed by Washington. Without accusing DeSean of anything, Dawkins comments led me to believe there was something wrong with the way he conducted himself in Philly. So, LR, I now agree with you and am glad the Jets didn't sign him.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:10 am

wassejet guys anyone would want to meet. They all said there would be a problem if they weren't thrown to enough. wrote:Saw an NFL Network panel with Brian Dawkins on it today. They were discussing DeSean Jackson, a former teammate of Dawkins, and what transpired over the week with him being cut and signed by Washington. Without accusing DeSean of anything, Dawkins comments led me to believe there was something wrong with the way he conducted himself in Philly. So, LR, I now agree with you and am glad the Jets didn't sign him.
Wass, we're both long-time, frustrated Jets fans.  Both of us, (and tens of thousands of our brethren) have come to impulsive decisions thinking of quick fixes for the team.
On two ocassions yesterday I saw the Stephen A. Smith interview  with DeSean, and both times I reached the same conclusion.  Even though Stephen A.'s questions were not really softball lobs, DeSean  was dressed like Erkel.  This effect was to have the viewer think he was an Erkel, not a gang  associate.   Thick glasses, "first day back to school" shirt and tie, a serious look on his face, and any other possible effect to perceive him an alter boy.  Oy!
The part that wasn't asked, discussed, mentioned was why the three teams involved with DJax, want no part of him.
Coupling that with this draft is allegedly the richest in WRs in 20 years.
There were even literally guarantees, what ever behaviors DJax acted upon will return in a weak culture as the Redskins.  We're tired of being conned along with the headaches. We'll be glad we passed it up.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content