Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate on 4th pick

4 posters

Go down

Debate on 4th pick Empty Debate on 4th pick

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:02 pm

I think if Clemson WR Sammy Watkins is available at #4 you guys would be stupid not to take him.

Back to top Go down

Debate on 4th pick Empty Re: Debate on 4th pick

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Jadeveon Clowney would be who I'd go after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:24 am

Dmounts wrote:Jadeveon Clowney would be who I'd go after.

No way!! Watkins at #4.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Randell60 wrote:

No way!! Watkins at #4.
this kid is an absolute stud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 am

For all the statistics that are out there, there isn't one that measures heart.
That's the thing that has some scouts, coaches and general managers worried about Clowney. He's got every measurable possible. He was a beast as a freshman at South Carolina and even better as a sophomore. He was such a can't-miss prospect that he likely would've been the No. 1 overall pick in last year's draft if he had been eligible.
Clowney is similar in size and playing style to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who was the No. 2 overall pick in 2002 out of North Carolina. Clowney has a high motor. He is relentless pursuing the quarterback. He is stout against the run.
But there is a gap. There was a lack of production from Clowney last year, when he only sacked the quarterback three times. Clowney's coach, Steve Spurrier, questioned his work ethic. While he ran at the combine, Clowney did not participate in position drills, some of which tested a player's change-of-direction ability, which is not one of Clowney's strong suits.
Given an opportunity to compete in front of NFL scouts and decision-makers, Clowney punted, reportedly because of a hip flexor issue.
Was it the hip, or was it the heart?
Ultimately, that is for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to decide. Clowney is the most talented player in the draft, regardless of position. He physically is a can't-miss prospect. Smart, successful teams operate under the philosophy that you build your team through the draft and take the best player available on your draft board, regardless of position.
That, of course, is easier said than done. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] executive vice president [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] told me prior to the Super Bowl that only now, heading into the 2014 draft, does he feel that the Broncos are in good enough shape roster-wise to draft the best player available. It took three years to get there.

2014 NFL Draft
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Rd. 1: May 8
Rd. 2-3: May 9
Rd. 4-7: May 10
Radio City Music Hall
New York City
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
•  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
•  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If Houston general manager Rick Smith and first-year head coach Bill O'Brien draft for need, they could reach and take one of the quarterbacks -- none of whom should be drafted that high, another general manager told me.
If Smith and O'Brien take the best player available, that would be Clowney.
Through their research, their visits with Clowney, his pro day and a likely private workout at their facility, the Texans will have to try to quantify Clowney's heart. Did his production drop last season because he was trying to preserve himself for his pro career? Was he at all bitter because he wanted to declare for the 2013 NFL draft but couldn't? Was there something else at work between him and Spurrier?
Houston could be a terrific fit for Clowney and vice versa. Clowney would be paired opposite [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who lives his life with the singular purpose to be the best football player he can be. Watt closely monitors what he puts in his body, how he works out and when he goes out. His drive on a team that also includes another hard worker, linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], is contagious.
Watt could be the perfect mentor, teammate and friend for Clowney, who could then flourish on a defense where Watt would draw most of the attention and double-teams.
That decision is Houston's to make, but it would be an easier decision if the Texans had access to the one bit of data that doesn't exist: an exact measure of Clowney's heart.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Clowney is selfish and would be a cancer in the locker room, all he did was cause problems in college, sure the guy has tons of talent but he was never a team player.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

No way!! Watkins at #4.

I agree 110% with you on Watkins Jangles, Watkins on the other side with Gordon would be one hell of a one,two punch, especially if they can get themselves a good slot WR in free agency, lets not forget the pro bowl TE Jordan Cameron.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:
captnbrojangles wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

No way!! Watkins at #4.

I agree 110% with you on Watkins Jangles, Watkins on the other side with Gordon would be one hell of a one,two punch, especially if they can get themselves a good slot WR in free agency, lets not forget the pro bowl TE Jordan Cameron.

It also appears the Browns are set to snatch up Ben Tate.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 pm

with the release of Weeden and Campbell it appears a QB is in the very near future

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:with the release of Weeden and Campbell it appears a QB is in the very near future

I didnt know Weeden and Campbell were QB's
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:17 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:I think if Clemson WR Sammy Watkins is available at #4 you guys would be stupid not to take him.

I agree, that combo would give the Browns one hell of a 1-2 punch, especially with the TE Cameron and the TE they picked up from Arizona, and keep fingers crossed that Cincy cant match the offer the Browns gave to their slot WR.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Randell60 wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:
captnbrojangles wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

No way!! Watkins at #4.

Clowney was a cancer in the locker room and nothing will be different in the NFL, I wont even get into his injuries.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Randell60 wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:
captnbrojangles wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

No way!! Watkins at #4.

Tate is a damn good all around RB, IF he can stay injury free.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Browns General Manager Ray Farmer insists he would be “comfortable” with Brian Hoyer entering next season as the team’s No. 1 quarterback.
Farmer made the assertion Monday during a 23-minute interview with beat writers from Northeast Ohio during the NFL owners meetings at the swanky Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes hotel.
But just how comfortable he would truly be remains to be seen.
The organization might be comfortable enough to pass on drafting a quarterback fourth overall on May 8. On the other hand, the franchise is probably not comfortable enough to pass on a quarterback later in the opening round when, it’s scheduled to pick 26th overall, or early in the second round, when it’s set to be on the clock at No. 35 overall.
“I don’t think we’re compelled to pick a quarterback at No. 4,” Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Monday during a 19-minute interview with the contingent of writers who cover his team.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:

Clowney is selfish and would be a cancer in the locker room, all he did was cause problems in college, sure the guy has tons of talent but he was never a team player.

Sounds like a typical 1st round draft bust by the Cleveland Browns.  LOL

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

There's really no way that Clowney will be there for you guys to draft anyway but dudes, this guy would be a perfect fit for your team.  His last name fits perfectly!  Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

Yep!! We'll take two of his kind then.  BTW....Is CLOWNEY related to the runt? scratch 
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

Yep!! We'll take two of his kind then.  BTW....Is CLOWNEY related to the runt? scratch 

If the shoe fits...   Very Happy

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:24 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ya mean this shoe?? lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ya mean this shoe?? lol.

LMAO!  Yea, that's the one. 

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

The Browns will like what they see. Size, a run stuffer, dented shoe from being in most plays, award winning(cute little ribbon), and a family kind of guy...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu May 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

The Browns will like what they see. Size, a run stuffer, dented shoe from being in most plays, award winning(cute little ribbon), and a family kind of guy...LOL

LOL!  Just hope no defender makes fun of his mommy.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down