Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Caldwell to the Lions...

+2
MB20
RingoCStarrQB
6 posters

Go down

Jim Caldwell to the Lions... Empty Jim Caldwell to the Lions...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:13 am

I approve.   Cool

Back to top Go down

Jim Caldwell to the Lions... Empty Re: Jim Caldwell to the Lions...

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 pm

I could care less.........just interested in TT picking up some great free agents for a change.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 am

_HD_ wrote:I approve.   Cool

If the Lions turned their head coaching search over to me, with my inherent desire to see them continue to suck for as long as I walk this earth, this is exactly who I would have picked.

I wonder who they would've had to resort to picking if they weren't "the most attractive of all the head-coaching vacancies."

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am

Yup. Already the offseason is off to a great start. The Bears resigned Cutler. The Lions get a turd for a coach and the Vikes get a walking obscenity machine.

Three moves and already our outlook has improved.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:26 am

duck wrote:Yup.  Already the offseason is off to a great start.  The Bears resigned Cutler.  The Lions get a turd for a coach and the Vikes get a walking obscenity machine.

Do you really believe any of that, Duck...or does it just ring pretty in those homer ears?    Laughing  

Cuntler re-signing is a good thing--no doubt.  However--he was there last year as well, so how does that do anything but maintain the preexisting outlook?

While it's unclear what you mean precisely by the term *turd*, Caldwell is known as a players coach and very well liked from that standpoint...and that will likely prove his undoing.  He's Leslie Frazier's older brother--the LAST fucking thing an undisciplined, underachieving squad like the Lions need right now--but hardly a *turd*

Finally, From what I've observed of Zimmer--he could have a chance.  The fire/brimstone approach CAN work effectively--but only if you've bothered to build up the respect in the troops where they'll take a bullet for you.  Don't walk your own talk and hold yourself to the same degree of accountibility as you hold all others--and you'll turn into but a puff of grey smoke.  If you'd care to--flop over the queens board for further details and consider the base profile I prepared for Thormunch.  Linehan is his best move at OC.  I became a believer with what he did with Culpepper by what Culpepper turned into the moment he left--and quite clearly the queens need someone in that role who understands QB's and how to make them rock... It's all a head game.

In any event--just the potential for improvement that comes with replacing a demonstrated failure with someone who isn't does nothing but improve the outlook for the queens/lions and thus, diminish the outlook for the other teams in the division.

Last edited by _HD_ on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:30 am

vikes will be an outdoor team this year,their offense might turn cold.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 am

throttleplate wrote:vikes will be an outdoor team this year,their offense might turn cold.

Someone like Zimmer--if he's astute enough--will take that very thing and actively build a new identity for the team around it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:I approve.   Cool

If the Lions turned their head coaching search over to me, with my inherent desire to see them continue to suck for as long as I walk this earth, this is exactly who I would have picked.

I wonder who they would've had to resort to picking if they weren't "the most attractive of all the head-coaching vacancies."

Laughing   Amazing, isn't it?  Talent galore with underachievement at every turn and they hire the middle kid in the family between Ray Rhodes and Leslie Frazier to turn it all around?...  Could they have fucked that up more?  Well, yes.  Mike Sherman and Brad Childress, I suppose... Wink  

It's interesting.  Actually Zimmer was the best fit here of the available coaches given the dynamics...  The Lions didn't demonstrate they had the slightest clue of what was/is their downfall--and thus missed the target in addressing it in selecting a new coach.  Furthermore, the Lions have a QB and a respectable O along with a highly-talented D.  The missing piece there is really just a strong, effective leader to get everyone pulling the oars at the same time. 

For the Vikings, I would have found a way to pull Brian Billick back to the sidelines.  He's got history there and heads/shoulders better in my opinion than any of the other names bandied about in a weak off-season coaching class.  Bright guy who understands a tactical offense and knows how to take somebody who can merely throw a football--and turn them into a QB...  The queens have a far greater challenge in front of them than do the Lions...

The North, quite frankly, looks like it is moving into an era of being pretty universally mediocre...  Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson and Eddie Lacy are the only real difference makers...

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35 pm

duck wrote:Yup.  Already the offseason is off to a great start.  The Bears resigned Cutler.  The Lions get a turd for a coach and the Vikes get a walking obscenity machine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Which team will be the one to improve their defense the most? Bears or Packers? Or the least? Cannot say that either one can afford to stand pat.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down