Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach search

2 posters

Go down

Coach search Empty Coach search

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 pm

The Browns have requested permission to interview Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for their head coaching vacancy, a source confirmed to Mary Kay Cabot of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Adam Schefter of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first reported the Browns' interest.
Quinn, 43, presides over a Seahawks defense that allowed the fewest yards (273.6) and points this season 14.4. The Seahawks are tied for eighth in the NFL with 44 sacks.
Quinn, who began his career primarily as a defensive line coach, has also coached with the 49ers, Dolphins, Jets and at the University of Florida.
Quinn joins a growing list of Browns candidates that includes Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and former Lions coach Jim Schwartz. Cleveland.com reported earlier Monday that the Browns also have interest in Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

Back to top Go down

Coach search Empty Re: Coach search

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:36 am

Dmounts wrote:The Browns have requested permission to interview Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for their head coaching vacancy, a source confirmed to Mary Kay Cabot of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Adam Schefter of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first reported the Browns' interest.
Quinn, 43, presides over a Seahawks defense that allowed the fewest yards (273.6) and points this season 14.4. The Seahawks are tied for eighth in the NFL with 44 sacks.
Quinn, who began his career primarily as a defensive line coach, has also coached with the 49ers, Dolphins, Jets and at the University of Florida.
Quinn joins a growing list of Browns candidates that includes Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and former Lions coach Jim Schwartz. Cleveland.com reported earlier Monday that the Browns also have interest in Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

I hope they stay away from McDaniels(who sucked as Denver's head coach) and Schwartz. They will get another no name who will get one year. I watched the press conference with Haslam and that wimpy CEO. A reporter in the room read to them a Facebook post of a fan saying, "Haslam, the head of the three stooges are clueless."... I thought Jimmy's head was going to explode....LOL  They also questioned why Lombardi was never present for these press conferences...They avoided the topic...Maybe because he's an idiot who shouldn't talk?
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:28 am

I agree on McDaniels 100%. Here's some they are looking at. Browns:   interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn on Wednesday.    Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase won’t interview until the Broncos’ season is over.  Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles hasn’t decided whether to be interviewed.  The Browns reportedly have interest in Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin, and former Lions coach Jim Schwartz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 am

Dmounts wrote:I agree on McDaniels 100%. Here's some they are looking at. Browns:   interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn on Wednesday.    Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase won’t interview until the Broncos’ season is over.  Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles hasn’t decided whether to be interviewed.  The Browns reportedly have interest in Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin, and former Lions coach Jim Schwartz.

I've also heard Bob Stoops as well. Who ever they pick, the stooges will screw it up!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Stoops better stay where he's at. That is one of the better jobs in football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

Dmounts wrote:Stoops better stay where he's at. That is one of the better jobs in football.

From what I've read, Stoops seemed open to the jump or in the case of coming to Cleveland, it would be best considered a nose dive....LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm

The presumed favorite in the Browns' coaching search says he's in the running. New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels confirmed he interviewed over the weekend with Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner. The team is searching for its second coach in a year and seventh since 1999 after firing Rob Chudzinski last week. ''We met and that's about all there is at this point,'' McDaniels said Monday during a conference call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels took himself out of the running for the Browns job when he was told he wasn't the frontrunner.
McDaniels asked the Browns if he was No. 1 on their list, and was told no. It's not uncommon for coaches to take themselves out of contention when they're not sure they're going to get the job.
The Browns told McDaniels, 37, that they were conducting an exhaustive search and that they planned to continue to the process. It's one that could ultimately include former head coaches, current college coaches and more NFL assistants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Why not interview Tressel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:Why not interview Tressel?
 I wonder.... could it be that Tressel has no interest in the job?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:53 pm

It's not that Trussell said he would take the interview is asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:43 am

Dmounts wrote:It's not that Trussell said he would take the interview is asked.
 He'd be a good coach for them. He has local roots and knows the game. Might even help sell a few tickets. I was under the impression he did not want the job. I stand corrected.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 pm

If I'm Trussel I stay as far away from that job as possible. I don't think he's strick enough to run such a disorganized organization.  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Dmounts wrote:If I'm Trussel I stay as far away from that job as possible. I don't think he's strick enough to run such a disorganized organization.  Shocked
 Not being an ass, but I do think the Browns will have a challenge getting anyone of the caliber they need & want. After what they did to Chud and their revolving door on the coaches office of the past several years.... few high ego guys would want into that sort of situation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:19 pm

I agree. I'm think that Chud was just a sacrificing lamb for a year, to get the guy they really wanted as coach. I know that sucks but thats life in a cut throat profession.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles became the second candidate to interview with the Browns for their head-coaching job and later remove himself from consideration, Nate Ulrich of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reports citing multiple reports.
Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports 1 first reported the news today.
Bowles interviewed with the Browns on Jan. 3. As a result, the Browns satisfied the Rooney Rule, which requires NFL teams to interview at least one minority candidate before hiring a head coach.
Bowles is still considered a candidate for the Minnesota Vikings’ job. Seven NFL teams fired a head coach recently, but the Browns and Vikings are the only ones who have yet to fill their vacancies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down