Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aikman says roughing passer bad call

+2
RingoCStarrQB
throttleplate
6 posters

Go down

aikman says roughing passer bad call Empty aikman says roughing passer bad call

Post by throttleplate Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 pm

early in the game the dude that put rodgers out 8 weeks earlier came in after arod was down and kinda rolled over him,i personally thought it was a good call as arod was down clearly but aikman said terrible flag.Whats your thoughts?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

aikman says roughing passer bad call Empty Re: aikman says roughing passer bad call

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Let Troy say whatever the hell he wants to say.   The hit was unnecessary.    Maybe not unnecessary roughness.......but unnecessary nonetheEFFENless.  All I know is Pam Oliver seemed pretty happy interviewing Rodgers at the end of the game.......and THE PACK IS BACK.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

aikman says roughing passer bad call Empty Re: aikman says roughing passer bad call

Post by JnC4GB Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:08 pm

I thought it was a bogus call, but understandable.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:11 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I thought it was a bogus call, but understandable.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Let Troy say whatever the hell he wants to say.   The hit was unnecessary.    Maybe not unnecessary roughness.......but unnecessary nonetheEFFENless.  All I know is Pam Oliver seemed pretty happy interviewing Rodgers at the end of the game.......and THE PACK IS BACK.

In terms of roughing the passer that really was not. However, back in Lombardi's day that was actually called a penalty quite a bit. Only it was not referred to as roughing or late hit. It was called, PILING. And that is what it was. They don't call it now because of the speed of the game. But I remember distinctly back in the late 50's and early 60's you were not forgiven for being the man on top of the pile.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:34 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Let Troy say whatever the hell he wants to say.   The hit was unnecessary.    Maybe not unnecessary roughness.......but unnecessary nonetheEFFENless.  All I know is Pam Oliver seemed pretty happy interviewing Rodgers at the end of the game.......and THE PACK IS BACK.

Questionable call.  Sometimes a player is halfway into a tackle and can't stop.  I think this happens in a lot of the roughness calls.

Pam Oliver is hot, but I can see she gained some weight in her caboose !
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:39 pm

RagnarLodbrok2 wrote:

Questionable call.  Sometimes a player is halfway into a tackle and can't stop.  I think this happens in a lot of the roughness calls.

Pam Oliver is hot, but I can see she gained some weight in her caboose !

Rodgers was clearly down and already covered flat on his back by the player who brought him down.  McClellen was driving toward the QB at the time and hit him with follow-through momentum...but what drew the flag was the fact that he consciously dropped his head and drove through the contact...when he could have just as easily tried to minimize the contact with the player who was clearly already down...

I wouldn't have thrown the flag--but I would have given that young man a stern warning and wiggled by finger in his face that the zebra was comin' with hammer-time lookin' for a hole if that shit happened again...    Laughing  

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down