Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making due with what you got and who is left

4 posters

Go down

Making due with what you got and who is left Empty Making due with what you got and who is left

Post by guppy Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 am

New England, a 3-4 road team, went in to Baltimore, a 6-1 home team, on a hot streak, and, despite every analyst (except Coach Ditka) picking against them, blew out the Ravens.

I'm still not sure how they did it.

They did not show at Baltimore up with:

Vince Wilfork, starting nose tackle;

Sebastian Vollmer, starting right tackle;
Nate Solder, starting left tackle;
Rob Gronkowski, starting tight end;
Danny Kelly, starting defensive tackle;
Jerod Mayo, starting middle linebacker;

They did show up with Shane Vereen, but he pulled a groin in the first quarter.

So they used who they had. 

This is who they had:

-  their left guard playing left tackle;
-  guys nobody drafted at left guard;
-  center and right guard and left tackle they selected in the fifth round;
-  two undrafted wideouts;
-  two undrafted running backs;
-  a fifth round tight end with a funny name;
-  an undrafted fullback;
-  three undrafted defensive tackles;
-  an undrafted slot corner;
AND,
-  a sixth round pick at quarterback.

With that crew, they absolutely embarrassed the defending Superbowl Champions at their house.

So that lead me to the following question:

How does Bill Belichick not get Coach Of The Year?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Making due with what you got and who is left Empty Re: Making due with what you got and who is left

Post by George1963 Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:17 am

guppy wrote:New England, a 3-4 road team, went in to Baltimore, a 6-1 home team, on a hot streak, and, despite every analyst (except Coach Ditka) picking against them, blew out the Ravens.

This is who they had:

AND,

With that crew, they absolutely embarrassed the defending Superbowl Champions at their house.

Um, because the Ravens aren't that good and the Patriots are not the only team in the league with a lot of injuries.
You might think so by watching the tv or reading the papers or listening to you, but they're really not.

Here's a hint;
There's a team with more injuries that beat a better team at a tougher stadium yesterday.
You might not have heard about them because the media and their only fan on these boards doesn't constantly bring it up.
Any guesses?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Making due with what you got and who is left Empty Re: Making due with what you got and who is left

Post by guppy Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:07 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:New England, a 3-4 road team, went in to Baltimore, a 6-1 home team, on a hot streak, and, despite every analyst (except Coach Ditka) picking against them, blew out the Ravens.

This is who they had:

AND,

Um, because the Ravens aren't that good and the Patriots are not the only team in the league with a lot of injuries.
You might think so by watching the tv or reading the papers or listening to you, but they're really not.

Here's a hint;
There's a team with more injuries that beat a better team at a tougher stadium yesterday.
You might not have heard about them because the media and their only fan on these boards doesn't constantly bring it up.
Any guesses?

You're probably thinking of your team.  What a surprise.  Did every analyst pick against them this week like they did against the Pats?  And just because you say that the Chiefs are a better team than the Ravens doesn't make it so.  How bout I talk like you....Um, the Chiefs aren't that good.  See?  I can say things too.   Just because you say K.C. is a tougher stadium than Baltimore doesn't make it so also. 

I don't "constantly" bring up being shorthanded, but facts are facts.  You simply don't lose most of your big weapons and not skip a beat.  Just don't.   The Patriots did an amazing job at Baltimore, played their absolute best game of the year under very difficult circumstances, missing more key players than anyone else, going to war with mainly guys that other teams didn't want, and guys that other teams didn't want to draft, with a new offense this year after last year's offense was pretty much completely gutted, with more rookies on the field than I care to count, receivers who are barely 5' 10", defied the odds, scaled the mountain, survived the trip into Hell, and defeated the Emperor's legions.  

And the only thing you're interested in doing is minimizing and poo pooing it like it was no big deal.  That's good.

All I know is, if you threw these constant hurdles of adversity in front of some other head coach, I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing an 11-4 record, a division championship (5th in a row), and a second overall seed for the playoffs, after 15 games.  If it was some other guy, I'm seeing being out of the playoffs at this point.  But if this hypothetical other guy could also pull off the same thing as BB has, well, then I tip my cap to him, because he would be one hell of a football coach.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:54 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

This is who they had:

AND,

Here's a hint;
Any guesses?

You're probably thinking of your team.  What a surprise.  Did every analyst pick against them this week like they did against the Pats?  And just because you say that the Chiefs are a better team than the Ravens doesn't make it so.  How bout I talk like you....Um, the Chiefs aren't that good.  See?  I can say things too.   Just because you say K.C. is a tougher stadium than Baltimore doesn't make it so also. 

I don't "constantly" bring up being shorthanded, but facts are facts.  You simply don't lose most of your big weapons and not skip a beat.  Just don't.   The Patriots did an amazing job at Baltimore, played their absolute best game of the year under very difficult circumstances, missing more key players than anyone else, going to war with mainly guys that other teams didn't want, and guys that other teams didn't want to draft, with a new offense this year after last year's offense was pretty much completely gutted, with more rookies on the field than I care to count, receivers who are barely 5' 10", defied the odds, scaled the mountain, survived the trip into Hell, and defeated the Emperor's legions.  

And the only thing you're interested in doing is minimizing and poo pooing it like it was no big deal.  That's good.

All I know is, if you threw these constant hurdles of adversity in front of some other head coach, I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing an 11-4 record, a division championship (5th in a row), and a second overall seed for the playoffs, after 15 games.  If it was some other guy, I'm seeing being out of the playoffs at this point.  But if this hypothetical other guy could also pull off the same thing as BB has, well, then I tip my cap to him, because he would be one hell of a football coach.

OK. How about this.
Well coached teams don't have mediocre road records.
Add to that, I don't believe people deserve awards for putting out fires they themselves started.
There's very little that happened to them personel wise that couldn't have been forseen.
The injury prone TE is injured
The injury prone WR has missed time
The TE with character issues is in jail.
The overweight d lineman blew an ankle.
The rookie wideouts played like rookies.
The RB with fumble troubles fumbles.
Nah hell, I'll just go back to the point.

Because other guys have done better jobs. Several of them. Including one who's dealt with more injuries than BB has who I don't even consider in the running for the award.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm

George1963 wrote:

OK. How about this.
Well coached teams don't have mediocre road records.

Two of those road losses could have easily been wins but for highly questionable calls by the zebras.  Could have easily been two more wins, two less losses.  All losses were close.  Not blown out in any game.  Fought til the end each time.

Add to that, I don't believe people deserve awards for putting out fires they themselves started.
There's very little that happened to them personel wise that couldn't have been forseen.

The injury prone TE is injured

He should have foreseen what happened to Gronk?   confused   Just like last year Gronk should never have been blocking on the PAT team too, and its all Bill's fault for making a football player play football?  Whatever.

The injury prone WR has missed time

There is no such thing as someone being "injury prone".  Injuries happen, or don't  happen.  There is no Injury God in the sky who places a black cloud over the heads of certain unlucky, cursed players who he picks and chooses to impose injuries upon. 

The TE with character issues is in jail.

Character issues with that particular player were foreseen, and judged to be controlable and fixable.  Murder was not foreseen, nor could it have been.  It was a shocking betrayal to the organization so great in magnitude that it could not have been foreseen.  Character issues of lesser magnitude, yes.  Homicide, no. 

The overweight d lineman blew an ankle.

Yup, Big Vince's injury is Bill's fault alright.  Score a point for you.   Rolling Eyes 

The rookie wideouts played like rookies.

Played like rookies Sept.-Nov.  What is their performance and the Pats' record in December over the last decade?  I'm not going to look it up, so I'll give you a chance to correct me and make me look foolish -- NE's record in December over the last decade is better than any other team's.  OK, I said it, now its your opportunity to show me the error of my ways.  That's what good coaches do with rookies - bring them along over the course of a season.

The RB with fumble troubles fumbles.

Your making my point.  A problem surfaces, and its managed and worked around until it gets corrected.  Its called making adjustments.  Also known as "coaching".

Nah hell, I'll just go back to the point.

Because other guys have done better jobs.

Guys?  Plural?  How many?  2?  10?  15? 

Matter of opinion.   We'll see what the voters say.

Several of them. Including one who's dealt with more injuries than BB has who I don't even consider in the running for the award.

More?  How about just to starters, on both sides of the ball, not guys at the middle and bottom of the depth chart?  I doubt it.

Razz 

Last edited by guppy on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

The least you can do is take a time out from your hate and give Tommy a High Five that he keeps looking for but doesn't get. 

Show the poor guy some love once in a blue moon, will ya.  He's starting to feel like Rodney Dangerfield.  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:39 am

More?  How about just to starters, on both sides of the ball, not guys at the middle and bottom of the depth chart?  I doubt it.

Ah hell, I had a bunch of stuff I wrote down and now I lost the list. Well, I remember most of it and some I can easily look up right now so, forgive me if I'm off a little. It's not on purpose.;
The Colts have 6 opening day starters on IR.
The Pats have 4.
The Colts OD starters have played a total of 225 games.
The Pats 275.
(That's the one I'm not sure of but I know the Pats played considerably more.)
The Colts have 15 guys on IR.
The Pats have 10
The Colts have dressed 71 different guys this year
The Pats 56
The Colts have had 20 guys dress for every game
So Have the Pats
The Colts have had 8 guys start every game.
The Pats 7.

So I guess you're right. The Patriots have had considerably more injuries than the Colts.
Or anyone.
Ever.
At least that's what you'd believe if you watch a Patriots game and hear the announcers bring it up every other play.

Getting back to the Patriots Colts comparison, it's obviously been worse for the Pats since they lost their best TE, d lineman, linebacker, and their best DB has been hobbled,
All the Colts have lost is their best TE, linebacker and worked with their best DB gimpy.
And they lost their best WR for the year.
And they've started 15 different offensive lines.
And they lost their best running back.
And his backup.
And the free agent they brought in to replace him.
But still advantage, or disadvantage, Patriots.
They're always the "est" at everything, and how can BB not be the coach of the year with all that.
I mean, MY GOD! he went on the road and beat a one legged QB and his 8-7 team!!!!

Couple of odds and ends;

Because other guys have done better jobs.

Guys?  Plural?  How many?  2?  10?  15? 

I don't know, how we start with the coaches of every team here that out performed expectations;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some of them by a lot, and some of them with a lot of injuries.
Not as many as the Patriots of course, but still.

There is no such thing as someone being "injury prone".

If you say so.

Injuries happen, or don't  happen.

OK, but what do you call a guy who's had them "happen" every year since ninth grade? And do you figure he has no greater risk of them "happening" in the future than anybody else? And do you base your whole offense on him? Give him a huge extension after 3 injury plagued seasons?
Educate me.

Just like last year Gronk should never have been blocking on the PAT team too, and its all Bill's fault for making a football player play football? 

Guess how many special team plays Gronkowski been in on since that one?

And just because you say that the Chiefs are a better team than the Ravens doesn't make it so.

Yep. Just because I say the 11-4 Chiefs are better than the 8-7 Ravens doesn't make it so.

Just because you say K.C. is a tougher stadium than Baltimore doesn't make it so also.

Yep again. Just because I say the place that's generally been considered to be one of the toughest place to play for decades is worse than Baltimore doesn't so.

Two of those road losses could have easily been wins but for highly questionable calls by the zebras.

What was questionable about the call in the Jets game?

You're probably thinking of your team.  What a surprise.  Did every analyst pick against them this week

Why yes they did. Thanks for asking.

like they did against the Pats?

No. Not like they with the Pats. Even Ditka had no faith in the Colts.

Whatever.

Well put. Whatever indeed.

Merry Christmas santa 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:10 am

From your power rankings:

6. New England Patriots (11-4)
Patriots fans will probably feel the team should be higher, but even with Tom Brady and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] guiding this ship, it's hard to see this Patriots team winning the AFC without [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and generally struggling down the stretch, outside of the Week 16 game against the Baltimore Ravens.
The Patriots will be a tough out, but a series of injuries will keep this team from the Super Bowl this year.
Stock: Holding

7. Indianapolis Colts (10-5)
After handling the Kansas City Chiefs with ease in Kansas City, the Colts went from being a team that few people weren't taking all that seriously as an AFC contender to one that folks are noticing once again. If it can protect [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and his young receivers don't wilt in the spotlight, this Colts team can surprise some folks. 
Remember, the Colts now have wins over the Seahawks, Niners, Broncos and Chiefs this season. They've generally saved their best for the toughest opponents on their schedule, which makes them quite dangerous come the postseason.
Stock: Rising

Damn bias media.  Mentioning the Pats injury situation, but not the Colts.  If you start a protest, I'll support you. 

Last edited by guppy on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 am

George1963 wrote:

Injuries happen, or don't  happen.

OK, but what do you call a guy who's had them "happen" every year since ninth grade? And do you figure he has no greater risk of them "happening" in the future than anybody else? And do you base your whole offense on him? Give him a huge extension after 3 injury plagued seasons?
Educate me.

No, you educate me.  Tell me right now knowing what you know about Gronk's skill set, plus his injury history, that with your GM hat on, you would not pick him, that you would pass over him.  I'll listen.

I don't know.  You've kept count?  Do you have the NFL package down there and watch every Pats game?  I thought you once said you would rather watch figure skating.

Yep. Just because I say the 11-4 Chiefs are better than the 8-7 Ravens doesn't make it so.

Great win by the Colts over the Chiefs.  Exposed the Chiefs for the frauds they are.

The call that was made for the first time in NFL history at the end of the game that took away an opportunity to go 15 yards or so to get in FG range to kick the winner.  The call that was made on the Pats that the Jets did the same thing earlier in the game that the NFL, upon review, determined should have been called on the Jets too, thus affirming what Bill Belichick had said post game.  The call that benefited the Jets that both NY tabloids touted as "we finally got a gift too" just like the Pats got a "gift" more than a decade ago with the Tuck Rule, and put it in that same "thank you very much ref" class as the Tuck Rule.  That quetionable call.

Merry Christmas santa 

Same to you.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

George1963 wrote:

So I guess you're right. The Patriots have had considerably more injuries than the Colts.
Or anyone.
Ever.
At least that's what you'd believe if you watch a Patriots game and hear the announcers bring it up every other play.

Overreact much?  The inspiration for this thread was really the Ravens game in particular.  Despite the fact that you say the Ravens aren't very good, they were 6-1 at home.  In addition to the guys on IR, the Pats were missing for this game their starting right and left tackles.  Then Shane Vereen went out with a groin in the first quarter.  McCourty went out with a concussion.  All of this said to me it was a recipe for disaster.  Then the complete opposite happened.  They gave the Ravens their worst home loss in their history.  That was truly a statement game, and one that few Pats fans saw coming frankly.  Given all the circumstances, the injuries, the rookies, one of whom made 2 interceptions, it was a real feel good win.  So excuse me if I blow off some steam about it on the Patriots board.  

And in doing so I never said anything negative about the Colts.  They have had some big wins, and I think right now they are just a tick below the Pats.  I think the Pats can beat them in Foxboro.  I'm not so confident if the game was in Indy.

Your whole argument is based on expectations.  Lets not revise history here now.  At the beginning of the year, with all the turnover at receiver, you had very LOW expectations for the Pats.  You said if Brady does something with this new crew, give him the MVP.  Now you want to say they were big favorites, and they are just doing what they should have done anyway.  You can't have it both ways. 

Expectations.  They change like the weather. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:16 am

No, you educate me.  Tell me right now knowing what you know about Gronk's skill set, plus his injury history, that with your GM hat on, you would not pick him, that you would pass over him.  I'll listen.

I wouldn't have taken him. I know you'll say that's 20/20 hindsight, and it probably is to some extent, but a back injury that cost him a year would make me really skittish. Think of anybody you know or have ever heard of that had something wrong with their back bad enough that it required surgery and cost them six months who never had it come back on them.

I was fine with the Colts letting Manning go for the same reason and you're talking about the end of the guys career. Hoping he might make it two or three years. Gambling that a guy would beat the odds for 8 or 10?
Nah.
I would have taken Hernandez before Gronk. A lot of people get over being a scumbag. Most of them in fact.
Bad backs last.

I don't know.  You've kept count?  Do you have the NFL package down there and watch every Pats game? 

No wiseass;

The call that was made for the first time in NFL history at the end of the game that took away an opportunity to go 15 yards or so to get in FG range to kick the winner.  The call that was made on the Pats that the Jets did the same thing earlier in the game that the NFL, upon review, determined should have been called on the Jets too, thus affirming what Bill Belichick had said post game. 

No. Postgame he said it wasn't a penalty. Mumbled something about 'second level'. It was two day later, when he admitted he was wrong, that he came up with his "They did it too" whine.
What a pussy.

That quetionable call.

Nothing quetionable about it. That it was the first time it was called, or that it wasn't called on the Jets earlier in the game, or on the Patriots in the game before, or that BB is a whiny sissy, doesn't change the fact that it was the proper application of a good rule.

Merry Christmas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Same to you.

It finally happened. I received NO gifts this year. 
100% gift cards.
Nothing under the tree for old Dad but envelopes.
SuckedSad 
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Again, I started this discussion after the Ravens game.  It just so happens that was the Pats best game of the year, so I was feeling pretty good.  It also just so happens that same week the Colts beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead.  So both teams had great weeks, no doubt about it.  The difference is, I can acknowledge the great game the Colts had, and the excellent season they have had so far, where I think it is fair to say they have exceeded expectations; whereas, you, in contrast to me, cannot bring yourself to say or agree to anything remotely positive about the Patriots or BB - even in the face of their best game of the year, handing Baltimore their worst home loss evah

It does not bother me in the least to show the Colts some love, especially when they deserve it.  You're a little different when it comes to NE.  No problem.  But lets just call it like it is. 

I mention Coach Of The Year and Bill Belichick in the same sentence, you come back all breathless with the claim there are several (plural) coaches who would get the nod above him because he only lived up to expectations anyways, whereas, these other guys have greatly exceeded expectations.  (Actually, I thought your expectations for the Pats at the start of the year were very low.  This year was going to be "ugly" for them or something like that.  You'd have to refresh my memory on specifics though.)

Well, here is another view for you to chew on.  Its from the L.A. Times.  The writer, who has no bias, ranks his choice of coaches 1 through 10 for Coach of the Year, based on exceeding expectations, dealing with adversity, and making the most out of what they got to work with. 

Where did he rank Bill Belichick within his Top 10 candidates for Coach of The Year you ask? 

Read the article and find out.

Nothing wrong with just envelopes.  A gift certificate to a good restaurant is always a good thing in my world.   One of my envelopes this year had tickets to a college hockey game being played tomorrow at Fenway Park.  My son and I are going since his team is playing my team.  The two of us will have a good time.  Beers will definitely be had.  The only question is who is buying?  drunken 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:54 am

I mention Coach Of The Year and Bill Belichick in the same sentence, you come back all breathless with the claim there are several (plural) coaches who would get the nod above him because he only lived up to expectations anyways, whereas, these other guys have greatly exceeded expectations.

No, I said that "How can he not be coach of the year" based on beating the Ravens was kind of a silly statement when another team, who most experts gave a 50 50 shot at being a wild card beat a better team at a tougher place with at least as many injuries.

Well, here is another view for you to chew on.  Its from the L.A. Times.  The writer, who has no bias, ranks his choice of coaches 1 through 10 for Coach of the Year, based on exceeding expectations, dealing with adversity, and making the most out of what they got to work with. 

Every team on that list has had injuries and most of them have lost at least one franchise type player.
He mentions injuries for 2 teams besides the Patriots, who he mentions player by player.

Hell, he doesn't even feel the need to mention that the guy he has ahead of BB has 15 guys on IR.
Patriots are always "est"
He also doesn't mention that the Pats have played the third softest schedule of any of those teams, but that's a different subject.

Nothing wrong with just envelopes.

They suck. If you're going gift cards, put a little thought into it. I gave my oldest a card to Bass Pro in an empty shotgun shell box.
I gave him a flashlight too. You have to have something to open.
Would a pair of jeans killed them?

A gift certificate to a good restaurant is always a good thing in my world. 

Mine too.
Applebys doesn't qualify.

One of my envelopes this year had tickets to a college hockey game being played tomorrow at Fenway Park.  My son and I are going since his team is playing my team.

Football there in a couple of years I've heard.
I'd take that envelope.

That should be awesome.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:56 pm

George1963 wrote:

Patriots are always "est"

As in most awesome-est team in the history of the universe?  Ya, I guess.  Very Happy 

Nothing wrong with just envelopes.

They suck. If you're going gift cards, put a little thought into it. I gave my oldest a card to Bass Pro in an empty shotgun shell box.
I gave him a flashlight too. You have to have something to open.
Would a pair of jeans killed them?

I'm feeling you.  Maybe they needed someone to give them a hint what Dad likes. 

A gift certificate to a good restaurant is always a good thing in my world. 

Mine too.
Applebys doesn't qualify.

LOL.

One of my envelopes this year had tickets to a college hockey game being played tomorrow at Fenway Park.  My son and I are going since his team is playing my team.

Football there in a couple of years I've heard.

BC - Notre Dame.  That will be the place to be that day.

I just learned that my son is bringing 2 of his friends to the hockey game today with us.  Nothing like watching outdoor hockey in a 100+ year old baseball park that just fresh off a World Series Championship (Oops, LR, isn't going to like that. lol.)   So now its me and 3 twenty-something year olds all Saturday afternoon and night.  I'll try to keep up best I can.  If I start to lag behind the youngsters I'll just visualize that Coach Belichick is in my face yelling at me, "DO YOUR JOB."

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:46 am

Congrats on the win against Buffalo!   Smile 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 am

~Sheila~ wrote:Congrats on the win against Buffalo!   Smile 

Thank you.

Don't worry too much about your Giants; they'll be back strong next year.

Have a Happy New Year.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:31 am

revisiting coach of th year.  BB came in third.  George is no doubt shaking his head and cursing the voters for giving BB even one vote.

Third is a decent showing..  Just not to George.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 am

guppy wrote:revisiting coach of th year.  BB came in third.  George is no doubt shaking his head and cursing the voters for giving BB even one vote.

Third is a decent showing..  Just not to George.

After all these posts on the above thread-- isn't it making "do"?  Due is a time-related function or due dilligence.  or-------in a sentence.
The Jets played like "do" in some games this past season.   
Enjoy Super Sunday!

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:24 am

LRJets wrote:

After all these posts on the above thread-- isn't it making "do"? 

You are absolutely correct.   Embarassed  Embarassed 

"Make do":  To get by with; To use whatever is available due to lack of resources. 

Guppy doesn't have enough money, so he will just have to make do. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down