Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jets Win A Game! The Jets Win A Game!

5 posters

Go down

The Jets Win A Game!  The Jets Win A Game! Empty The Jets Win A Game! The Jets Win A Game!

Post by LRJets Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Jets Win A Game!  The Jets Win A Game! Empty As Did The Pats...

Post by LRJets Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Pass Interference?  Not....

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Jets Win A Game!  The Jets Win A Game! Empty Re: The Jets Win A Game! The Jets Win A Game!

Post by George1963 Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 pm

LRJets wrote:Pass Interference?  Not....

Home field call. Although I did hear an honest Pats fan who called in to ESPN. He was going on and on about how the DB was all over Boyce. Grabbed his arm, shoved his shoulder, caressed his love handle, just blatant PI. Then the host asked him how he'd feel if it was a Patriot doing it to a Brown receiver and he said "Text book coverage. Great play."
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Jets Win A Game!  The Jets Win A Game! Empty Re: The Jets Win A Game! The Jets Win A Game!

Post by LRJets Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 pm

George1963 wrote:

Home field call. Although I did hear an honest Pats fan who called in to ESPN. He was going on and on about how the DB was all over Boyce. Grabbed his arm, shoved his shoulder, caressed his love handle, just blatant PI. Then the host asked him how he'd feel if it was a Patriot doing it to a Brown receiver and he said "Text book coverage. Great play."
George, if you view the replay, there is no interference against the receiver.  Defender's hand lightly touched his back which happens ten times worse on every pass play.  No weight or obstruction befell the receiver until AFTER the ball went through his hands and landed on the floor.
Ho-Hum, son of Tuck Rule.  

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 pm

George1963 wrote:

LOL...I viewed two still shots of the onside kick. One showed the ball touching the kicker's foot at 9 yards, and the Pats player grabbing the ball at 9 1/2 yards in front of two blind mice in stripes....Penalty? Of course not....Not in Tommy's house!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm

REF: "He didn't make the catch. I need to throw this flag after the fact and stay on script to make it easier on my cousin, Tom."
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 am

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 am

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Ray Lewis pat down, searching for knives...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:54 pm

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:18 pm

George1963 wrote:

So now the score is:

Refs screwed Pats: 2

Pats caught a break from refs: 1

We're still owed one at least.

BTW, I hate games being decided on pass interference either being called or not being called. I just hope the game never comes down to one judgment call by a ref at the end where PI could go either way and the game turns on it. It leaves a bad taste either way.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:22 pm

LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

[/b]

I would comment on "Ho Hum, son of Tuck Rule"...... if I only could decifer what the hell that means.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Wow, this is a pretty Patriots-obsessed thread that started out celebrating a Jets victory over the mighty Oakland Raiders, and somehow got turned to the Pats-Browns game without any initiation from any Pats fan.  We should really bring it back a Jets theme the way it started.  The burning question is, since the Jets victory, will this typical Jets fan change his tune, and no longer cheer for Geno to blow out his ACL, or will he remain true to form? 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 pm

LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

George, if you view the replay, there is no interference against the receiver.  Defender's hand lightly touched his back which happens ten times worse on every pass play.  No weight or obstruction befell the receiver until AFTER the ball went through his hands and landed on the floor.

Did the defender ever look back to the ball at all?  Just wondering.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:07 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

With all the hand checking going on by both players, it should never have been called. Stupid refs deciding games in crunch time is ruining the WWE...Uhh I mean, NFL.

Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Randell60 wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

With all the hand checking going on by both players, it should never have been called. Stupid refs deciding games in crunch time is ruining the WWE...Uhh I mean, NFL.

Right.  And I've seen as many, if not more, go against the Pats as go their way.  I hate to see it happen either way, help or hurt.  But it has gone both for as well as against the Pats.   A few years ago the Pats were eliminated from the playoffs in a loss AT Denver on a phantom PI call on Asante Samuel, that the ref right next to the play did not call, but the ref who was completely on the other side of the field came running way across the field to throw the flag.  It was an epiclly bad call, and it put the Broncos in position to win the game and send the Pats home for the season.  I'll never forget that one.  So the Pats have been screwed -- and in big games. 

They happen to catch a break on this one.  The contact from the defender was there, but not enough.  There was not enough of an impediment to the receiver to make the call in that critical spot, where you want the athletes, not the refs, deciding the outcome.  If he tugged on the shirt or held the receiver's arm longer, different story.  But he didn't.   The question for the refs should always be, did the contact from the defender actually prevent the receiver from possibly making the catch?  If the contact is relatively minor, and the receiver fails to make the catch, then the "interference" didn't really "interfere", did it?  And that kind of play should be no call.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:53 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

[/b]

I would comment on "Ho Hum, son of Tuck Rule"...... if I only could stop celebrating the  Red Sox WS win on a football message board.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:57 pm

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:

I would comment on "Ho Hum, son of Tuck Rule"...... but I'm in the only state in this country who never realized how it benefitted the Patriots until it was universally realized a mistake.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:59 pm

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:27 pm

A few years ago the Pats were eliminated from the playoffs in a loss AT Denver on a phantom PI call on Asante Samuel, that the ref right next to the play did not call, but the ref who was completely on the other side of the field came running way across the field to throw the flag.  It was an epiclly bad call, and it put the Broncos in position to win the game and send the Pats home for the season.

A call in the second quarter that put the Broncos, down 3-0 at the time, on the one yard line "put the Broncos in position to win the game"?
I think the Pats 5 turnovers might have had a little more to do with it than any PI call.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:33 pm

So now the score is:

Refs screwed Pats: 2

Pats caught a break from refs: 1

We're still owed one at least.

Fuzzy math.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:39 pm

LRJets wrote:

I would comment on "Ho Hum, son of Tuck Rule"...... if I only could stop celebrating the  Red Sox WS win on a football message board.

OK, I'll stop celebrating the Red Sox WS win.   I'll move on to something more recent.

Knicks barely show up in embarrassing 114-73 loss to Celtics
Originally published: December 8, 2013 4:39 PM
Updated: December 8, 2013 8:06 PM
By AL IANNAZZONE  [email=al.iannazzone@newsday.com?subject=Newsday.com%20Article][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/email]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Butt " at least that was an honest mistake.  

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:28 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
George1963 wrote:

I'm still wondering how you stayed with a "face-guarding" penalty to Gronk a few weeks ago.  I'm one of the few who thought that mili-second Gronk was held up might have changed things, but getting back to your defense of that play, there is no face-guarding penalty in the NFL.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Randell60 wrote:

Penalty? Of course not....Not in Tommy's house!! [/size]

Aw come on Randell, its not that bad.  Enjoy this video, and I'll tell Tommy get you some Uggs for Christmas and you'll feel a lot better.  LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 pm

A few people make a FEW comments about the Patriots and they're considered obsessed? Geeeez, 'someone' sure is a crybaby.   Rolling Eyes
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down