Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great investment

2 posters

Go down

Great investment Empty Great investment

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Josh Freeman’s not sure why he’s not playing
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 5, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
The Vikings continue to wonder on a week-in, week-out basis who the quarterback is going to be.
And the question most people are wondering is why [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hasn’t gotten another chance yet, as they continue to spin their wheels with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Freeman himself might wonder the same thing, although he’s close enough to free agency that he’s not going to rock the boat.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Freeman said, via Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “I think they want me to get more fluent and continue to understand the system, and I’m continuing to do that, learning a lot. I’m watching a lot of film and staying in these game plans.
“If you ask coach and he feels he wants to go with the other guy, . . . coaches are paid to coach, and players are paid to play.”
Freeman diligently avoided answering whether he wanted to stay with the Vikings, or say much at all really. He mostly said he was trying to focus on getting better each week to be ready in case they called on him again after his one too-soon start.

In many ways it's truly remarkable how one organization can so mercilessly tease it's own prick.  I mean--some of the acquisitions they make--make perfect sense.  Bringing in Freeman, for example.  The problem is--and where the consistent failure with this organization lies--is proper execution of the most fortuitous plan.  They simply have no clue--and that's what makes them so comical...

Freeman was paid, depending upon the source, either $2 or $3M to come and play out the season before becoming an UFA.  It was perfect.  Bring the guy in for an exclusive, low pressure tryout (as the season was already toast, anyway) to see what you have in order to determine (and curry favor with) Freeman's utility/interest in remaining and signing a long term deal.  All a very sound rationale.  The problem is--they have made the wrong choice at every turn in fulfilling their quest.  Freeman is unlikely to see the field for the remainder of the season, will race his ass out of town in FA and likely do very well in his next stop with competent coaching...and the reason for this absolutely failed opportunity/investment comes down to two things you never want invading your leadership ranks;  desperation and insecurity.

Ponder should have been parked.  Cassel should have played the first three games after Freeman's arrival, thus giving him an opportunity to develop some continuity out there and see what he could do while Freeman gained the confidence that comes with a full month+ of learning/practicing the core of the offense.  These NFL morons ruin QB after QB because they don't understand what makes an elite QB...an elite QB.  It has very little to do with physical ability.  At this level they ALL have an adequate amount of that--it comes down to what's circling around in their head--and if you don't understand that--you certainly can't properly manipulate it...  For every uber-talent like Steve Young...there's a far lessor talent like Joe Montana--equally capable of success.  You don't need to be able to wing the ball like Ryan Leaf--but you DO need the intangibles developed between your ears...

As we discussed at the time--they set Freeman up to fail and now are too insecure to give him another chance for fear of looking doubly-bad in paying up for him to come in.  In the process--they absolutely gutted what remained of the poor bastard's confidence.  Again, completely wasted investment and completely wasted opportunity perpetrated by a pair of ass clown's who couldn't manage their way upwind of their own farts...and the best part?  I'm thinkin' the Packers and Bear's games have secured another season for them both.  Is it too much to dream that Ponder might come back to fuck up another season as well?  Cheers to the Lezbo...and a chest bump for the Chuckler!  Good times...  Laughing 

What do you think, Pane?  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Great investment Empty Re: Great investment

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:33 pm

_HD_ wrote:Josh Freeman’s not sure why he’s not playing
The Vikings continue to wonder on a week-in, week-out basis who the quarterback is going to be.
And the question most people are wondering is why [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hasn’t gotten another chance yet, as they continue to spin their wheels with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Freeman himself might wonder the same thing, although he’s close enough to free agency that he’s not going to rock the boat.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Freeman said, via Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “I think they want me to get more fluent and continue to understand the system, and I’m continuing to do that, learning a lot. I’m watching a lot of film and staying in these game plans.
“If you ask coach and he feels he wants to go with the other guy, . . . coaches are paid to coach, and players are paid to play.”
Freeman diligently avoided answering whether he wanted to stay with the Vikings, or say much at all really. He mostly said he was trying to focus on getting better each week to be ready in case they called on him again after his one too-soon start.

In many ways it's truly remarkable how one organization can so mercilessly tease it's own prick.  I mean--some of the acquisitions they make--make perfect sense.  Bringing in Freeman, for example.  The problem is--and where the consistent failure with this organization lies--is proper execution of the most fortuitous plan.  They simply have no clue--and that's what makes them so comical...

Freeman was paid, depending upon the source, either $2 or $3M to come and play out the season before becoming an UFA.  It was perfect.  Bring the guy in for an exclusive, low pressure tryout (as the season was already toast, anyway) to see what you have in order to determine (and curry favor with) Freeman's utility/interest in remaining and signing a long term deal.  All a very sound rationale.  The problem is--they have made the wrong choice at every turn in fulfilling their quest.  Freeman is unlikely to see the field for the remainder of the season, will race his ass out of town in FA and likely do very well in his next stop with competent coaching...and the reason for this absolutely failed opportunity/investment comes down to two things you never want invading your leadership ranks;  desperation and insecurity.

Ponder should have been parked.  Cassel should have played the first three games after Freeman's arrival, thus giving him an opportunity to develop some continuity out there and see what he could do while Freeman gained the confidence that comes with a full month+ of learning/practicing the core of the offense.  These NFL morons ruin QB after QB because they don't understand what makes an elite QB...an elite QB.  It has very little to do with physical ability.  At this level they ALL have an adequate amount of that--it comes down to what's circling around in their head--and if you don't understand that--you certainly can't properly manipulate it...  For every uber-talent like Steve Young...there's a far lessor talent like Joe Montana--equally capable of success.  You don't need to be able to wing the ball like Ryan Leaf--but you DO need the intangibles developed between your ears...

As we discussed at the time--they set Freeman up to fail and now are too insecure to give him another chance for fear of looking doubly-bad in paying up for him to come in.  In the process--they absolutely gutted what remained of the poor bastard's confidence.  Again, completely wasted investment and completely wasted opportunity perpetrated by a pair of ass clown's who couldn't manage their way upwind of their own farts...and the best part?  I'm thinkin' the Packers and Bear's games have secured another season for them both.  Is it too much to dream that Ponder might come back to fuck up another season as well?  Cheers to the Lezbo...and a chest bump for the Chuckler!  Good times...  Laughing 

Well, we can debate endlessly the relative merits of our own MM and TT.  However, when it comes to the knuckleheads in purple, I think we all can agree they almost invariably find a way to fuck things up.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 pm

duck wrote:

Well, we can debate endlessly the relative merits of our own MM and TT.  However, when it comes to the knuckleheads in purple, I think we all can agree they almost invariably find a way to fuck things up.
Part of it is you're not in an extended state of denial about the queen's inadequacies...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 pm

duck wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with men in the color purple?  Razz
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:17 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
duck wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with men in the color purple?  Razz
Nahhhhh...  That can't be it.  Duck always seems to feel he looks quite smashing whenever he sports his purple helmet, for example...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Part of it is you're not in an extended state of denial about the queen's inadequacies...  Laughing

These fuckers are in denial.  They don't see what I see.  Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:09 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

These fuckers are in denial.  They don't see what I see.  Smile 

Laughing  Duck, Duck, Duck...  Better try to grasp some reality before it extends off beyond your reach forever...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah, fuck that fat son of a bitch coach.  And fuck his albino boss.  As they say down at the post office, "here's looking up your address".   Hah!  Want a beer, Norm?

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 am

I flat told you at the time of Freeman's signing that it wouldn't work out (no matter WHY)..fact is it didn't as I predicted. Of course you emphatically argued it would work out. Of course the know it all arrogance you embrace will now explain to me that it "was someone/ something else that caused this not to work". Sorry, no sale here Bro and I aint buying the spin you no doubt will offer.

Fuck, it must suck to be you when you're wrong about something,,,right HD?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 am

Thor11 wrote:

I flat told you at the time of Freeman's signing that it wouldn't work out (no matter WHY)..fact is it didn't as I predicted. Of course you emphatically argued it would work out. Of course the know it all arrogance you embrace will now explain to me that it "was someone/ something else that caused this not to work". Sorry, no sale here Bro and I aint buying the spin you no doubt will offer.

Thor
Yes, Thor--you were right.  I put way too much stock in the Viqueen leadership on this one.  It's true--they never should have gotten him because they had no concept of what to do with him.  You see Thor--not with you, but I sometimes have a bias for assuming that people are smarter than they really are...and it sometimes proves a challenge for me to comprehend and thus foresee the possibility in the depths of idiocy demonstrated in an instance like this.  Someone like you is far better equipped to see something like this coming--for familiarity, as they say, breeds understanding...  So my kudos to you, Thor...and now I'll let you get back to cleaning off Sergio's brownie-bone with your mouth-organ before beddie-bye, little bitch...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 am

Thor

Yes, Thor--you were right.  I put way too much stock in the Viqueen leadership on this one.  It's true--they never should have gotten him because they had no concept of what to do with him.  You see Thor--not with you, but I sometimes have a bias for assuming that people are smarter than they really are...and it sometimes proves a challenge for me to comprehend and thus foresee the possibility in the depths of idiocy demonstrated in an instance like this.  Someone like you is far better equipped to see something like this coming--for familiarity, as they say, breeds understanding...  So my kudos to you, Thor...and now I'll let you get back to cleaning off Sergio's brownie-bone with your mouth-organ before beddie-bye, little bitch...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meh, I don't know HD,,,seems to me that someone of your all knowing moxie for 'sniffing out' people or groups or even teams is something you pride yourself with. So, that being the case, I was bewildered (at Freeman's signing) that you were so caught up and leaning 'against the wind' since you normally would go the other way in similar/close circumstances. The way I see it, you got a little too caught up in that spit and shine ego of yours and couldn't see the forest for the trees. That can happen with inflated ego's....sometimes they can even block out the sun,,,,,eh, son?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Thor11 wrote:I flat told you at the time of Freeman's signing that it wouldn't work out (no matter WHY)..fact is it didn't as I predicted. Of course you emphatically argued it would work out. Of course the know it all arrogance you embrace will now explain to me that it "was someone/ something else that caused this not to work". Sorry, no sale here Bro and I aint buying the spin you no doubt will offer.

Thor

Yes, Thor--you were right.  I put way too much stock in the Viqueen leadership on this one.  It's true--they never should have gotten him because they had no concept of what to do with him.  You see Thor--not with you, but I sometimes have a bias for assuming that people are smarter than they really are...and it sometimes proves a challenge for me to comprehend and thus foresee the possibility in the depths of idiocy demonstrated in an instance like this.  Someone like you is far better equipped to see something like this coming--for familiarity, as they say, breeds understanding...  So my kudos to you, Thor...and now I'll let you get back to cleaning off Sergio's brownie-bone with your mouth-organ before beddie-bye, little bitch...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meh, I don't know HD,,,seems to me that someone of your all knowing moxie for 'sniffing out' people or groups or even teams is something you pride yourself with. So, that being the case, I was bewildered (at Freeman's signing) that you were so caught up and leaning 'against the wind' since you normally would go the other way in similar/close circumstances. The way I see it, you got a little too caught up in that spit and shine ego of yours and couldn't see the forest for the trees. That can happen with inflated ego's....sometimes they can even block out the sun,,,,,eh, son?

Thor
LOL.  You're brilliant, Thor...  Keep up the good work.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Who called the Freeman situation correctly?

Thor 1
HD 0
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 pm

duck wrote:Who called the Freeman situation correctly?

Thor 1
HD 0
LOL!  Seriously Duck?  I knew it'd fly right over Thor's head, but you too?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:50 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0
LOL!  Seriously Duck?  I knew it'd fly right over Thor's head, but you too?  Laughing
Oh, I got (and enjoyed) your twist at the end, saying that it was fundamentally a good move but of course the Viking chowderheads fucked it up.

However, unlike you, Thor correctly called that it wouldn't work out.

It's a rare round that I award to the guy with the hammer.  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0
Oh, I got (and enjoyed) your twist at the end, saying that it was fundamentally a good move but of course the Viking chowderheads fucked it up.

Laughing   Good God, Duck..  The whole thing was calling Thor an idiot thinly veiled in a framework of telling him what he wanted to hear.  Not surprisingly--he desperately bit on what I wanted him to and he swallowed the rest right along with it...and here you are 0-2 in the batter's box on it as well...  Re-read it Duck.  I didn't know I had to be so fucking obvious with people like you...

Beyond that--Thor was merely reflexively reacting negatively to the move because he (A) had already written off the season (B) thought Freeman was shit and (C) because I expressed it was a good move to bring him in...NOT because the Queen's would so mishandle the fucking guy.  They don't know anymore more about whether Freeman's a player now than when he arrived.  THAT'S the failure and why he hasn't worked out...not because of any of the reason's Thor wrote him off...

The bottom line is it WAS the right idea to bring him in.  It's what came after that which holds the failure.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Laughing   Good God, Duck..  The whole thing was calling Thor an idiot thinly veiled in a framework of telling him what he wanted to hear.  Not surprisingly--he desperately bit on what I wanted him to and he swallowed the rest right along with it...and here you are 0-2 in the batter's box on it as well...  Re-read it Duck.  I didn't know I had to be so fucking obvious with people like you...

Beyond that--Thor was merely reflexively reacting negatively to the move because he (A) had already written off the season (B) thought Freeman was shit and (C) because I expressed it was a good move to bring him in...NOT because the Queen's would so mishandle the fucking guy.  They don't know anymore more about whether Freeman's a player now than when he arrived.  THAT'S the failure and why he hasn't worked out...not because of any of the reason's Thor wrote him off...

The bottom line is it WAS the right idea to bring him in.  It's what came after that which holds the failure.

Here's the irony, HD.  I actually agree with you that it was a smart low-risk high-reward move to bring Freeman in.  I also pretty much agree with your analyses throughout the entire process (start Cassell, wean Freeman, etc.) -- and as you know, I'm not shy about disagreeing with you.  Smile 

Thor, in contrast, didn't flush out many details.  He just said point-blank that, for whatever reason, it wouldn't work out.  In this case his lack of specificity worked in his favor.  All he did was finger the eventual outcome... and he was right.

No point getting worked up about this.  We all know Thor is likely to lose a greater percentages of his future battles.  I just have to credit him -- whether it's from blind luck or an intuitive understanding of the pathos and idiocy of his beloved team -- for correctly calling the failure of the Freeman signing.  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:04 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Here's the irony, HD.  I actually agree with you that it was a smart low-risk high-reward move to bring Freeman in.  I also pretty much agree with your analyses throughout the entire process (start Cassell, wean Freeman, etc.) -- and as you know, I'm not shy about disagreeing with you.  Smile 

Thor, in contrast, didn't flush out many details.  He just said point-blank that, for whatever reason, it wouldn't work out.  In this case his lack of specificity worked in his favor.  All he did was finger the eventual outcome... and he was right.

No point getting worked up about this.  We all know Thor is likely to lose a greater percentages of his future battles.  I just have to credit him -- whether it's from blind luck or an intuitive understanding of the pathos and idiocy of his beloved team -- for correctly calling the failure of the Freeman signing.  Very Happy
Laughing  Whatever, Duck...  The only thing he fingered was as usual his own ass--but hey, if you're a fan...who the fuck am I to go Pooh-bear on your pants-load...  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Thank you Duck for the thumbs up....impressive, coming from you.  But I don't even need my hammer to pound the 'the big wind' of the board into submission. It was a simple case of rope-a dope over the last few years, getting his guard down. Blowhards usually lose their wind when they do what comes naturally....blowing too hard for too long....as he surely proves over and over and over and over again.....

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 am

Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Thank you Duck for the thumbs up....impressive, coming from you.  But I don't even need my hammer to pound the 'the big wind' of the board into submission. It was a simple case of rope-a dope over the last few years, getting his guard down. Blowhards usually lose their wind when they do what comes naturally....blowing too hard for too long....as he surely proves over and over and over and over again.....

Thor
LOL!  Yeah, Thor...  The bitch-beating you take has been in your master plan all along...  I bow to your mastery...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:29 am

_HD_ wrote:
Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Thor
LOL!  Yeah, Thor...  The bitch-beating you take has been in your master plan all along...  I bow to your mastery...  Laughing
Why the laugh HD?...the jokes on you...and the more you comment the more you make my point. So keep'em coming boss....you're making my day...everyday!

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:46 am

Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor 1
HD 0

Thor
Why the laugh HD?...the jokes on you...and the more you comment the more you make my point. So keep'em coming boss....you're making my day...everyday!

Thor
Always like my bitches to stay happy, baby...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down