Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QB this week?

5 posters

Go down

QB this week? Empty QB this week?

Post by ffaralli Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:08 am

Guys, I hope MM is just blowing smoke at us and the Lions.

How could he not start Flynn, its a no brainer.

Flynn doesn't have as strong an arm as Tolzien, but he has total command of the offense.

You could just see how the offense moved with him in there 16 points in 11 minutes or so.

Oh, Tolzien put up yardage, but the offense was discombobulated with him....it was scaled down and erratic.

I think we win this week with Flynn (if he starts).....don't know what the hell happened to him at SEA/OAK.....

Just the NFL trend to have more athletic QBs to run that option bullshit. Flynn has all the other intangibles, but not the big arm.

From what I've read, he is not a good practice player. 

But I think he is just a winner (especially in our system)...we should look into locking him up somehow. But he has to be at the point in his career where he is happy being a backup.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

QB this week? Empty Re: QB this week?

Post by JnC4GB Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 am

ff, I think it's not that Flynn doesn't have much of an arm; it's that he doesn't really have one at all.

Now, he was working in poor conditions and was throwing into a decent wind half the time on Sunday so I'll cut him some slack on that. And with the game on Thursday being played in a dome I agree that it's a no-brainer that he should start, but if we get lucky and get a win, Rodgers has to face the Falcons at Lambeau the following week.
I don't want to see Flynn play in poor conditions again. I just don't see how that guy has a career beyond this season's emergency relief role. 
The jig is up.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am

ffaralli wrote:Guys, I hope MM is just blowing smoke at us and the Lions.

How could he not start Flynn, its a no brainer.

Flynn doesn't have as strong an arm as Tolzien, but he has total command of the offense.

You could just see how the offense moved with him in there 16 points in 11 minutes or so.

Oh, Tolzien put up yardage, but the offense was discombobulated with him....it was scaled down and erratic.

I think we win this week with Flynn (if he starts).....don't know what the hell happened to him at SEA/OAK.....

Just the NFL trend to have more athletic QBs to run that option bullshit. Flynn has all the other intangibles, but not the big arm.

From what I've read, he is not a good practice player. 

But I think he is just a winner (especially in our system)...we should look into locking him up somehow. But he has to be at the point in his career where he is happy being a backup.

FF

I agree, it's a no brainer to start Flynn.  If MM goes with Tolzien there would have to be some compelling behind the scenes reason that we're not aware of.  Flynn has a much better command of our offense that the kid.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Fatty's ego would really like to think he could take this piece of discarded 49er garbage and turn him into a stud QB...and it's tuggin' on him--because he can't hold Rodgers' return off forever...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:50 pm

_HD_ wrote:Fatty's ego would really like to think he could take this piece of discarded 49er garbage and turn him into a stud QB...and it's tuggin' on him--because he can't hold Rodgers' return off forever...

So now Tolzien is garbage?  Seriously, the kid was in over his head but I thought he flashed some potential.  I liked what I saw in him.

And this somehow turns into a knock on McCarthy??
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Fatty's ego would really like to think he could take this piece of discarded 49er garbage and turn him into a stud QB...and it's tuggin' on him--because he can't hold Rodgers' return off forever...
So now Tolzien is garbage?  Seriously, the kid was in over his head but I thought he flashed some potential.  I liked what I saw in him.

And this somehow turns into a knock on McCarthy??
Jeezus Duck...seriously?  Look at the context.  Did I say he was garbage?  No.  But he was discarded 49er garbage.  Correct?

Back to top Go down

QB this week? Empty I thought that briefly myself

Post by ffaralli Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Fatty's ego would really like to think he could take this piece of discarded 49er garbage and turn him into a stud QB...and it's tuggin' on him--because he can't hold Rodgers' return off forever...

HD, you know I thought that for a moment myself. I think MM has a hard-on for Tolzien.....would love to make him what Flynn was 2-3 years ago.

But he would be skewered by the Packer faithful..............that is what may stop him from going with Tolzien.

I say just look at the points Flynn put up, forget about arm strength and remember how the offense looked when Flynn was in there. 

Just think of the 5 picks Tolzien threw the past few weeks....that my be why he looked so bad last week. Afraid of throwing a pick.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:59 pm

ffaralli wrote:Fatty's ego would really like to think he could take this piece of discarded 49er garbage and turn him into a stud QB...and it's tuggin' on him--because he can't hold Rodgers' return off forever...

HD, you know I thought that for a moment myself. I think MM has a hard-on for Tolzien.....would love to make him what Flynn was 2-3 years ago.

But he would be skewered by the Packer faithful..............that is what may stop him from going with Tolzien.

I say just look at the points Flynn put up, forget about arm strength and remember how the offense looked when Flynn was in there. 

Just think of the 5 picks Tolzien threw the past few weeks....that my be why he looked so bad last week. Afraid of throwing a pick.

FF
Yeah, FF...in the end he's risking another huge leg of the Packer fan base caving on him if he doesn't go with Flynn this week--so he will--but that doesn't mean he wouldn't rather go with Tolzien...

This guy shows no sign that he's held to any accountibility from above whatsoever in his decisions... 

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:07 pm

It is ironic but of all teams that Flynn faced when he was on the field briefly in Green Bay the Lions saw him for 6 quarters total. The first time he managed a FG and an INT in the red zone. The following season in week 17 he threw up at least 6 TDs without much of an arm.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 pm

I continue to imagine Boykin and Nelson flashing over the middle completely uncovered with Flynn throwing lasers.......laser pass completions to the flashing Packer receivers.    Also imagine some nice touch passes ........ including numerous SUCCESSFUL dump offs to Lacy and Starks.   GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down