Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question for MB and Throttle

4 posters

Go down

Quick question for MB and Throttle Empty Quick question for MB and Throttle

Post by duck Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 pm

You predicted a Packer victory today.  I predicted a Packer loss.

We got a tie and yet you guys (especially MB) go on like the team is absolute garbage and Fatty is an asshole.  And MB mocks me for recognizing the fact that Fatty has done a good job under very trying circumstances.

How do you guys reconcile your pre-game picks with your post-game comments?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Smile
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Quick question for MB and Throttle Empty Re: Quick question for MB and Throttle

Post by throttleplate Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:26 pm

fatty played not to lose again in the first half,3 and outs wasnt cuttin it and defense was again pooped with AD runnin it down our mouths.It wasnt untill TT called him up from the press box and told fatty to get the man like flynt in there to save fattys own ass and then the tide turned but the defense still layed an egg.

I dont know what fatty sees in practice but why go with tolz?from a fans perspective flynn looked very good,its like he never left after the lion game where he set the record.

Then fatty goes conservative again on the last series with a couple runs,was he hopin for a starks breakaway run?fatty is always one play behind on what he should have called in the first place.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:28 pm

As I also predicted a loss, I get a say on this too.

First off, you don't get to play the "holier than thou card" if you picked the Packers to lose. Shit don't work that way, homie.

Second we do suck. Period.
Gerhardt looked like Jim fucking Brown today. I've enjoyed being stabbed in the EYE more than watching today's game. 

The D sucks
The D's scheme sucks
The play calling sucks ---especially (and ALWAYS) when things get tight.
The contingency plan if Rodgers got hurt sucks

Not sure what your trip is this season, but the criticism is WELL DESERVED. Are there some admirable things about the Packers? Of course there are.
But for Christ's sake...Denial is not a river in Egypt, bro.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:35 pm

JnC4GB wrote:As I also predicted a loss, I get a say on this too.

First off, you don't get to play the "holier than thou card" if you picked the Packers to lose. Shit don't work that way, homie.

Second we do suck. Period.
Gerhardt looked like Jim fucking Brown today. I've enjoyed being stabbed in the EYE more than watching today's game. 

The D sucks
The D's scheme sucks
The play calling sucks ---especially (and ALWAYS) when things get tight.
The contingency plan if Rodgers got hurt sucks

Not sure what your trip is this season, but the criticism is WELL DESERVED. Are there some admirable things about the Packers? Of course there are.
But for Christ's sake...Denial is not a river in Egypt, bro.
Of course criticism is well deserved.  I've delivered plenty myself, which somehow gets lost in the flurry of mud-slinging.  In particular I think our D sucks, in case you haven't bothered reading anything.

The only positives I've stated are that 1) Fatty still got almost 500 yards out of our banged up offense, even though his switch to Flynn may have been a little late and 2) regardless how how shitty the post-Rodgers-injury period has been, we are still a half game back with five to play... and Rodgers likely to return soon.

So, WTF is YOUR problem, homie?  Reading comprehension??
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

duck wrote:You predicted a Packer victory today.  I predicted a Packer loss.

We got a tie and yet you guys (especially MB) go on like the team is absolute garbage and Fatty is an asshole.  And MB mocks me for recognizing the fact that Fatty has done a good job under very trying circumstances.

I gave the Packers too much credit, obviously. Even I didn't think the team was this bad, and I thought they were pretty bad going into this week.

I've been saying they're shit for 3 weeks now, and you deserve every last bit of ridicule you get coming your way for saying MM has done a good job with this team over the past month. They were noncompetitive in losses to 5-5 and 4-6 teams and it took a miracle for them to get a home tie against what is quite possibly the worst team in the NFC. I know that gets you all tingly and in the mood to recklessly throw around B-minuses, but I see that for what it is: shit. So there you go.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:30 pm

MB20 wrote:

I gave the Packers too much credit, obviously. Even I didn't think the team was this bad, and I thought they were pretty bad going into this week.

I've been saying they're shit for 3 weeks now, and you deserve every last bit of ridicule you get coming your way for saying MM has done a good job with this team over the past month. They were noncompetitive in losses to 5-5 and 4-6 teams and it took a miracle for them to get a home tie against what is quite possibly the worst team in the NFC. I know that gets you all tingly and in the mood to recklessly throw around B-minuses, but I see that for what it is: shit. So there you go.
There you go again putting words in my mouth.  This team has had a horrible 4 game stretch without Rodgers.  0-3-1 in conference games.  0-1-1 in division games. 0-2-1 at Lambeau.  That's fucking ugly.

The way a homer would see this:  no problem, once Rodgers comes back we'll win out.

The way a chicken little would see this:  we're absolutely fucked, no chance of making the playoffs whatsoever.

The way a realist would see this:  we're down a half game with five games to go.

I'm a realist.

Anything can happen.  Our division is weak and the losses by Chicago and Detroit today were huge.  I'm not predicting anything.  We need help and we need Rodgers back.  We also need our defense to start showing up.  Believe me, I'm not brimming with optimism.  Even with Rodgers we may not be able to get into the playoffs with our shitty defense... and even if we do, we have a snowball's chance in hell of advancing very far.  But if you want to wave the white flag and cry like an 8-year-old girl with five games to go, carry on without me, Chester.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

There you go again putting words in my mouth.  This team has had a horrible 4 game stretch without Rodgers.  0-3-1 in conference games.  0-1-1 in division games. 0-2-1 at Lambeau.  That's fucking ugly.

The way a homer would see this:  no problem, once Rodgers comes back we'll win out.

Theway a chicken little would see this:  we're absolutely fucked, no chance of making the playoffs whatsoever.

The way a realist would see this:  we're down a half game with five games to go.

I'm a realist.

Anything can happen.  Our division is weak and the losses by Chicago and Detroit today were huge.  I'm not predicting anything.  We need help and we need Rodgers back.  We also need our defense to start showing up.  Believe me, I'm not brimming with optimism.  Even with Rodgers we may not be able to get into the playoffs with our shitty defense... and even if we do, we have a snowball's chance in hell of advancing very far.  But if you want to wave the white flag and cry like an 8-year-old girl with five games to go, carry on without me, Chester.
Eh- what you call realist, I call condescending prick, but whatever...

If you want to wave your pom poms over the possibility of Rodgers riding into Lambeau on his white steed, saving the regular season, and getting humiliated on wild-card weekend, then carry on without me. Because that's our best-case scenario. It could happen, but that's as good as it's getting for us. And that doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Forgive me for not being very thrilled about having been exposed as a one-man show who is masquerading a very flawed team with deep issues to be fixed.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Theway a chicken little would see this:  we're absolutely fucked, no chance of making the playoffs whatsoever.

I'm a realist.

If you want to wave your pom poms over the possibility of Rodgers riding into Lambeau on his white steed, saving the regular season, and getting humiliated on wild-card weekend, then carry on without me. Because that's our best-case scenario. It could happen, but that's as good as it's getting for us. And that doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Forgive me for not being very thrilled about having been exposed as a one-man show who is masquerading a very flawed team with deep issues to be fixed.
If it's the Super Bowl or nothing, I never saw that anyway, even at the beginning of the season, even with Rodgers.

Love and kisses, your condescending prick.  Smile
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

It IS the Super Bowl or nothing.

Don't you get that?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:16 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

I'm a realist.

If it's the Super Bowl or nothing, I never saw that anyway, even at the beginning of the season, even with Rodgers.

Love and kisses, your condescending prick.  Smile
Haha... fuck you:D 

I want the team to be competent. I want them to maximize their potential, whatever that potential may be. It's grating as hell that for what we have under center (when we can keep him upright), our potential has not been Super Bowl contender-caliber because of a gong-show defense, and much of my pissiness goes back to that alone.

But what I've seen since 12's injury is distressing on a whole different level. They're not competitive without him, and that is unacceptable because the overall talent on this roster is much better than the results they've been getting (and that isn't to say there aren't glaring personnel deficiencies, because there certainly are). And I firmly believe that a truly top-notch coach would have done better than a desultory 0-3-1 over this stretch. It's really hard for me to look at MM and not see a coach who simply can't function without a world-class quarterback. He brought back a defensive coordinator whose unit after 5 years still doesn't seem to know what it's supposed to be doing. He thinks Marshall Newhouse is starter material. He has become one of the most predictable play-callers in the league, largely because his ego won't allow him to delegate play-calling responsibilities. I could go on, but I have other and better things to do.

I call it like I see it, and I don't sugar-coat what I see. I truly don't understand how a Packer fan isn't absolutely appalled at what has transpired this past month.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down