Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preview for Monday Night

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Preview for Monday Night - Page 2 Empty Re: Preview for Monday Night

Post by guppy Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:53 am

Rick wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:We just disagree is all.
You believe that, had Kuechly not braced him, Gronk could have stopped on a dime and instantly gone 10 or 12 feet in the opposite direction, through Luke and Lester, and made a play on that ball.
I believe that things that are clearly impossible don't happen much.
Just a friendly difference of opinion.
Of course.

I don't agree with your "10 to12 feet" part though.  "Braced"?   That's not the word I would choose first.   

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The NFL head of officiating in his effort to stick up for his referee crew even called it a "tight judgment call".  I bet its very unlikely we'll ever see something similar.

One final question though.  What about the part of no explanation, and the refs just running off the field?  Do you see anything wrong with that?  

And what about BB's response to the question about "Coach did you ask for or get an explanation?" And BB's response was, "No, but the last time I tried to get an explanation at the end of a game, it was the wrong thing to do.  So...." (referring to the Baltimore playoff game, and I take that to mean BB giving a little jab to the league.)

Finally, I think we are in for much more debate in these games over the meaning of the word "uncatchable".  As you probably know, it is not defined in the NFL Rulebook.  The rule only says there shall be no pass interference if the ball is "clearly" uncatchable.  What does "clearly uncatchable" mean?  "Clearly" can mean different things to different people.
I just noted something that turned my stomach.  Look at Amendola.

He looks open doesn't he? But at that same moment Brady is no doubt under HEAVY pressure, and he had stepped up a few steps in the pocket as the pocket was breaking down around him. He had to get rid of it or game over. Besides, can you blame him for thinking Gronk first, - the best Red Zone threat in the NFL? It was a pretty good effort that came up just a little short. Remember they only had 58 seconds left when that drive started back on their own 20. Brady and Gronk connected on clutch 4th and 10 to keep it alive. It was thrilling. They almost pulled it off. Almost. Maybe if they had 20 more seconds or so when they started the drive it would have made a big difference. Oh well, you can't win em all.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:12 am

Finally, I think we are in for much more debate in these games over the meaning of the word "uncatchable".  As you probably know, it is not defined in the NFL Rulebook.  The rule only says there shall be no pass interference if the ball is "clearly" uncatchable.  What does "clearly uncatchable" mean?  "Clearly" can mean different things to different people.

It can. I'll give you one absolute though. In March at the NFL meetings the executive committee will consider, and more than likely adopt, instant replay review of PI calls.
Nobody will call it the Patriot Rule.
Nobody.
Because it will have nothing to do with them.
Nothing.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:49 am

I just noted something that turned my stomach.  Look at Amendola.

He looks open doesn't he? But at that same moment Brady is no doubt under HEAVY pressure, and he had stepped up a few steps in the pocket as the pocket was breaking down around him.

He was. I was there and I saw Dobson open to the left of Brady. I never noticed Amandolas break. You're right though Gup. He was flushed and went to his Binky.
It's understandable. They hit that exact play on a fourth down earlier in that drive.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:03 pm

George1963 wrote:Finally, I think we are in for much more debate in these games over the meaning of the word "uncatchable".  As you probably know, it is not defined in the NFL Rulebook.  The rule only says there shall be no pass interference if the ball is "clearly" uncatchable.  What does "clearly uncatchable" mean?  "Clearly" can mean different things to different people.

It can. I'll give you one absolute though. In March at the NFL meetings the executive committee will consider, and more than likely adopt, instant replay review of PI calls.
Nobody will call it the Patriot Rule.
Nobody.
Because it will have nothing to do with them.
Nothing.

OK. OK.

Sit back and have a Yoo Hoo. lol.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:07 pm

He was flushed and went to his Binky.[/b][/font][/color]
It's understandable. They hit that exact play on a fourth down earlier in that drive.
[/quote]

Ya, that was awesome. That play gave me a [deleted]. LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2