Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Flynn

+2
JnC4GB
ffaralli
6 posters

Go down

Matt Flynn Empty Matt Flynn

Post by ffaralli Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:29 am

Don't know if you guys have heard this, was down in the Miami area (85 degrees, was loving it) for business earlier in the week.

Read in a local paper that the Packers looked into resigning Flynn but he has some sort of elbow issue.

Anyone hear any more on that?

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Matt Flynn Empty Re: Matt Flynn

Post by JnC4GB Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:56 am

I've heard the same thing about his elbow. 

Apparently, it's not bad enough to fail a workout and team physical, but it is bad enough to make him completely ineffective throwing the football. Once the D knows you can't get the ball downfield you see 8-9 men in the box all game --as we saw when Seneca Wallace came in Monday night.

It's why I predict we're going to see Scott Tolzien at QB very shortly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:16 am

JnC4GB wrote:I've heard the same thing about his elbow. 

Apparently, it's not bad enough to fail a workout and team physical, but it is bad enough to make him completely ineffective throwing the football. Once the D knows you can't get the ball downfield you see 8-9 men in the box all game --as we saw when Seneca Wallace came in Monday night.

That's a very interesting question, JnC.  We've discussed what the game plan will surely be (pound the rock, let Wallace be just a game manager).  If this is working, MM isn't going to rock the boat.  He really doesn't want to go with an unknown.  The problem is that Philly is surely game planning for exactly what the Packers will have to do.  If our offense is stymied, maybe MM will put in the kid.  It's going to be a very interesting game from a coaching standpoint.  A real challenge for McCarthy... let's see what Fatty is  made of.

That said, it's making me realize another huge reason I miss Rodgers.  Not only does his superb play give the Packers a competitive edge, but he's fun to watch!  Watching Seneca Wallace throw weak floaters does not exactly inspire me.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 am

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:I've heard the same thing about his elbow. 

That's a very interesting question, JnC.  We've discussed what the game plan will surely be (pound the rock, let Wallace be just a game manager).  If this is working, MM isn't going to rock the boat.  He really doesn't want to go with an unknown.  The problem is that Philly is surely game planning for exactly what the Packers will have to do.  If our offense is stymied, maybe MM will put in the kid.  It's going to be a very interesting game from a coaching standpoint.  A real challenge for McCarthy... let's see what Fatty is  made of.

That said, it's making me realize another huge reason I miss Rodgers.  Not only does his superb play give the Packers a competitive edge, but he's fun to watch!  Watching Seneca Wallace throw weak floaters does not exactly inspire me.
Now it's especially obvious why the NFL moves mountains to protect quarterbacks. I'm a Packers fan and I really have no desire to watch Wallace try to impersonate a QB.

Anyway, you're damned right we're going to find out what MM is made of. Will he try to make Wallace be Rodgers the way Shanahan tried to make every QB before RGIII be Elway? Will he wilt when the heat of the moment gets strong the way he did when he failed to challenge the Quarless call (and he freely admitted he was keeping "one eye on the tunnel"- what an abysmal failure from the so-called leader of the team)? Or will he call a smart game like he did against New England in 2010?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:10 pm

There was a shot of McCarthy about 2 minutes after Rodgers left the game where he looked every inch the deer in the headlights.

You could tell he was losing his shit. It ain't no accident that we all pretty much agree he is at his weakest when he has to deviate from the plan and is forced to improvise.

Flop-sweat City, man.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Wallace will be wearing maybe an armband with plays on it and for shoes he will be wearing 4 inch lifts to see over the line.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm

If Flynn is damaged goods right now it could get very ugly next Monday morning. TT might be searching from here to China to find a QB.
If I were him I'd sign Tim Tebow. He's got an arm even if he can't hit the target. But at least he could run wildcats. Heck, the guy won a playoff game. What else could go wrong?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:45 pm

milani wrote:If Flynn is damaged goods right now it could get very ugly next Monday morning. TT might be searching from here to China to find a QB.
If I were him I'd sign Tim Tebow. He's got an arm even if he can't hit the target. But at least he could run wildcats. Heck, the guy won a playoff game. What else could go wrong?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down