Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT

2 posters

Go down

BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT Empty BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Report: Browns didn't include 2nd-round pick in their initial offer for No. 2 selection

By Nate Ulrich Published: March 18, 2012
President Mike Holmgren told season-ticket holders during a conference call last Thursday that what the Browns offered the St. Louis Rams for the second overall pick in this year's draft "was every bit the offer that was chosen."

The Washington Redskins traded three first-round picks (No. 6 overall this year and first-round selections in 2013 and 2014), (ONLY 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, THEY SWAPED PICKS THIS YEAR) plus a second-round pick (No. 39 overall) this year to move up to the No. 2 spot, where they're expected to nab Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Holmgren said he would not reveal the Browns' offer and suggested friendships between key members of the Rams and the Redskins created a disadvantage the Browns couldn't overcome.

Well, Pro Football Talk reported the details of the proposal tonight.

After the Rams asked the Browns and Redskins for their best offers, the Browns offered three first-round picks (No. 4 overall this year, No. 22 overall this year and a first-round selection in 2013), according to the report. Later, the Browns tried to throw in a second-round pick (No. 37) this year, according to the report.

But, apparently, it was too late. It was a damn good offer, you cant put the fault on Holmgren for not stepping up to the plate trying to get that 2nd pick in this years draft.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT Empty Re: BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Sounds like the Rams gave the Browns a big stiffy.

Back to top Go down

BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT Empty Re: BROWNS OFFER TO RAMS FOR 2ND PICK IN DRAFT

Post by Randell60 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am

Dmounts wrote:Sounds like the Rams gave the Browns a big stiffy.

All for an un-proven player. Now I hope RG3 is an instant bust....LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I have hoped that since Washington got that trade.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 am

Randell60 wrote:
Dmounts wrote:Sounds like the Rams gave the Browns a big stiffy.

All for an un-proven player. Now I hope RG3 is an instant bust....LOL

I was thinking along the same lines myself, but as it turns out there were two QBs that were considered can't miss and he was one of them. The Rams had the golden ticket and traded it to the Skins. We'll find out later if it was filled with gold or chocolate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down