Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ringo Does Dallas

+2
CatalinaMinx
RingoCStarrQB
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ringo Does Dallas Empty Ringo Does Dallas

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Hey Catsy...........Ringo will be in Dallas-Ft Worth next week.    The current plan is to watch the Packers MNF game at a place called Frankies.   Any better suggestions?

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ringo Does Dallas Empty Re: Ringo Does Dallas

Post by CatalinaMinx Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Ringo, are you kidding? Do I know of any place better? Uh....yeaaaaaah. There are a zillion great sports bars in DFW. Let me know what area. PM me if you prefer. What are you looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, price, big screen set up...etc? Go Packers!
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Ringo, are you kidding? Do I know of any place better? Uh....yeaaaaaah. There are a zillion great sports bars in DFW. What are you looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, price, big screen set up...etc? Go Packers!
Catsy, No I am not kidding.   Flying into DFW Monday morning and flying out Friday morning.     Monday is MNF Packers vs. Bears.   Thursday is my birthday (again !!).  

Anyway.......I just want a decent place to watch MNF besides my hotel room or hotel lobby.  Sports Bar atmosphere is fine.   Price is not an issue (I am a cheap date LOL LOL), Big Screen not necessary........close proximity to littler flat screens works too (i.e., on a bar stool or at a table, as long as I can see the game).   Don't care if it's a super rowdy place or just a plain smooth/cool place ...... hearing the game is not important......seeing the game is important.   I have no prejudices except I would rather not be at a gay establishment (now we've really got 'em on the floor either laughing or hyperventilating or fainting...........Milani is going nuts!! and HD is looking up prescriptions for you in his pill books, Duck is rootin'  GO RINGO GO....GO RINGO GO, JnC is just taking another sip of whatever going "uh huh").    Doesn't have to be a Packers bar [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is Woody's any good (better than Frankies)?    Fox and Hounds?   Is there an ESPN-Zone?   As far as food goes..........doesn't matter..........I can eat somewhere else before the game starts ............ bar food is fine too, Tex Mex, steak, BBQ, Mexican, whatever.   Beer is mandatory.........hard liquor is mandatory. 

Now this is just Monday night football.   There are also concerns regarding Tue, Wed and Thur !!   Based on info on the internet the DFW-area music scene seems dead this upcoming week.   I may have to go underground LOL.

OK.......where should I go Monday night?   Kickoff is around 7:30 p.m. Central Time.   And are you coming too? (now they all just fainted LOL LOL LOL).

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:42 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I have no prejudices except I would rather not be at a gay establishment 
GO PACKERs
(With apologies to CatalinaMinx)

If I'm ever unlucky enough to ever find myself in Dallas trying to find a place to watch a Packer's game I think a gay bar might be the best choice.

Seriously. I mean if there ANY cool people whatsoever in fucking Dallas to watch MNF with, that'd be where you'd probably find them.

No, I'm not kidding.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 am

JnC4GB wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:I have no prejudices except I would rather not be at a gay establishment 
GO PACKERs

If I'm ever unlucky enough to ever find myself in Dallas trying to find a place to watch a Packer's game I think a gay bar might be the best choice.

Seriously. I mean if there ANY cool people whatsoever in fucking Dallas to watch MNF with, that'd be where you'd probably find them.

No, I'm not kidding.
I understand they're very pleasant gentle people, especially the lesbians.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:16 am

Catsy...Did you get my PM yet?
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:30 am

JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
C'mon JnC...........last time I was in Dallas everyone there was nice to me..............even the police were nice to me LOL LOL.   The lady working the counter at Jethro Pugh's store at the airport was nice to me.   On that trip to Dallas I was introduced (by a bartendress lady named YES) to a very hot drink..........Esteban Caliente (EC), which probably should be dumped into some of those Bloody Mary concoctions we saw on this board a couple of weeks ago.   EC would definitely add some extra zing to any Bloody Mary.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
C'mon JnC...........last time I was in Dallas everyone there was nice to me..............even the police were nice to me LOL LOL.   The lady working the counter at Jethro Pugh's store at the airport was nice to me.   
I don't doubt it at all Ringo. Southern charm, hospitality, and manners are a cliche because they are so commonly encountered. 
HOWEVER, when in a bar, at night, for a 3-4 hour stretch of watching a sporting event while openly rooting for a team other than America's Team™️?
As you are probably well aware, in that situation the weeds in the flowerbed eventually make themselves known. Prejudicially speaking, I would bet the percentage of -ahem- "weeds" found in an upscale Dallas sports bar would be far higher than say, in Chicago or Minneapolis.

My point being is that a gay bar or a scubby biker bar sounds like a far superior choice for a good time and meeting amusing characters than going to a Dallas ESPN Zone, Dave and Buster's or a TCU-area sports bro bar. My experience is that all it takes to fuck up a good bar atmosphere is one genuinely obnoxious douchebag. As such, it makes sense try to avoid places where there is likely to be a fucking herd of them. No? Wink

link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
------------------------------

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 am

JnC4GB wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
C'mon JnC...........last time I was in Dallas everyone there was nice to me..............even the police were nice to me LOL LOL.   The lady working the counter at Jethro Pugh's store at the airport was nice to me.   
I don't doubt it at all Ringo. Southern charm, hospitality, and manners are a cliche because they are so commonly encountered. 
HOWEVER, when in a bar, at night, for a 3-4 hour stretch of watching a sporting event while openly rooting for a team other than America's Team™️?
As you are probably well aware, in that situation the weeds in the flowerbed eventually make themselves known. Prejudicially speaking, I would bet the percentage of -ahem- "weeds" found in an upscale Dallas sports bar would be far higher than say, in Chicago or Minneapolis.

My point being is that a gay bar or a scubby biker bar sounds like a far superior choice for a good time and meeting amusing characters than going to a Dallas ESPN Zone, Dave and Buster's or a TCU-area sports bro bar. My experience is that all it takes to fuck up a good bar atmosphere is one genuinely obnoxious douchebag. As such, it makes sense try to avoid places where there is likely to be a fucking herd of them. No? Wink

Yes JnC...........all to be taken under advisement including "I TOLD YOU SO".   So maybe I should forego the Packers jersey or polo shirt tomorrow night, huh?  Maybe that is why a Ft Worth local suggested the joint Frankies........and the internet suggested the joint Woody's.    I am waiting for more local input.  

I would rather get beat up by a woman  LOL   see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well on another note.........unfortunately this is the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination (only a couple of weeks fro now (19 days to be exact).   Am thinking of checking out the TX book depository and grassy knoll area just to see it.   I was in school when the announcement was made for the teacher to report to the principal's office............never forget watching the events unfold on TV back then.    Same goes for the Apollo program and MLK's assassination.    And the Packers Sixties teams.   GO PACK GO
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Well on another note.........unfortunately this is the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination (only a couple of weeks fro now (19 days to be exact).   Am thinking of checking out the TX book depository and grassy knoll area just to see it.  
Reason #237 of why the city of Dallas can eat a bag of dicks.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:53 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:  

I would rather get beat up by a woman  LOL   see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What was truly ugly is her taste in music.

Jesus.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 am

Hey............have you not yet had your required DIVERSITY and INCLUSION training ?    Either that or you somehow flunked those classes.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 am

JnC4GB wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
HOWEVER, when in a bar, at night, for a 3-4 hour stretch of watching a sporting event while openly rooting for a team other than America's Team?

My point being is that a gay bar or a scubby biker bar sounds like a far superior choice for a good time and meeting amusing characters than going to a Dallas ESPN Zone, Dave and Buster's or a TCU-area sports bro bar. My experience is that all it takes to fuck up a good bar atmosphere is one genuinely obnoxious douchebag. As such, it makes sense try to avoid places where there is likely to be a fucking herd of them. No? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:04 am

Funny thread!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:05 am

JnC4GB wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Well on another note.........unfortunately this is the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination (only a couple of weeks fro now (19 days to be exact).   Am thinking of checking out the TX book depository and grassy knoll area just to see it.  
Reason #237 of why the city of Dallas can eat a bag of dicks.
Yeah, one of the suckiest moments in American history. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:Ringo, are you kidding? Do I know of any place better? Uh....yeaaaaaah. There are a zillion great sports bars in DFW. What are you looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, price, big screen set up...etc? Go Packers!
Catsy, No I am not kidding.   Flying into DFW Monday morning and flying out Friday morning.     Monday is MNF Packers vs. Bears.   Thursday is my birthday (again !!).  

Anyway.......I just want a decent place to watch MNF besides my hotel room or hotel lobby.  Sports Bar atmosphere is fine.   Price is not an issue (I am a cheap date LOL LOL), Big Screen not necessary........close proximity to littler flat screens works too (i.e., on a bar stool or at a table, as long as I can see the game).   Don't care if it's a super rowdy place or just a plain smooth/cool place ...... hearing the game is not important......seeing the game is important.   I have no prejudices except I would rather not be at a gay establishment (now we've really got 'em on the floor either laughing or hyperventilating or fainting...........Milani is going nuts!! and HD is looking up prescriptions for you in his pill books, Duck is rootin'  GO RINGO GO....GO RINGO GO, JnC is just taking another sip of whatever going "uh huh").    Doesn't have to be a Packers bar [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is Woody's any good (better than Frankies)?    Fox and Hounds?   Is there an ESPN-Zone?   As far as food goes..........doesn't matter..........I can eat somewhere else before the game starts ............ bar food is fine too, Tex Mex, steak, BBQ, Mexican, whatever.   Beer is mandatory.........hard liquor is mandatory. 

Now this is just Monday night football.   There are also concerns regarding Tue, Wed and Thur !!   Based on info on the internet the DFW-area music scene seems dead this upcoming week.   I may have to go underground LOL.

OK.......where should I go Monday night?   Kickoff is around 7:30 p.m. Central Time.   And are you coming too? (now they all just fainted LOL LOL LOL).

GO PACKERs
I'll make a list and PM them to you. I'm not comfortable with disclosing too much info due to the female Troll that is on this forum. You're in for some decent weather next week, rain on Monday and Tuesday but other than that it should be decent. Talk later, Ringo! Go Cowboys! I'm watching the game right now and WTH...Dallas only has 6 points Minnesota has 3? LOL Not a good sign.  
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:20 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
LOL, no apologies needed, sounds like you visited all the wrong places. Very Happy

Last edited by CatalinaMinx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:21 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Catsy...Did you get my PM yet?
Yep! Replying momentarily.
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:25 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.

Well, whenever alcohol is present, no matter where you are, no matter what city you're in, there's always the chance for a douchebag or two or three to try and ruin everything...if you let them, the bouncers here are pretty good at throwing out that kind garbage. Sorry you had a bad experience. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes, the assassination of JFK was one of the worst days in American history, a truly awful day in Dallas. Another awful day in American history was when terrorists killed over 3000 people on Sept. 11, 2001 in New York. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:33 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACKERs
I'll make a list and PM them to you. I'm not comfortable with disclosing too much info due to the female Troll that is on this forum. You're in for some decent weather next week, rain on Monday and Tuesday but other than that it should be decent. Talk later, Ringo! Go Cowboys! I'm watching the game right now and WTH...Dallas only has 6 points Minnesota has 3? LOL Not a good sign.  
I've got the 'Boys vs. Vikings on here too.   Not a pretty picture so far there in the Big D.   Redskins aren't looking too good either today.   The East Division is a mess.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACKERs
I've got the 'Boys vs. Vikings on here too.   Not a pretty picture so far there in the Big D.   Redskins aren't looking too good either today.   The East Division is a mess.

Not a pretty picture at all. Maybe the second half will be in their favor. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
LOL!  Jeezus dude...  Time to get out of the house more often...  There are 7 Million people who live in the Dallas Metro with probably 3X the population of the fucking city of Green Bay, WI (100,000) who count themselves Packers fans...  I'm guessing you might be able to find a bar or two there you wouldn't have to be worried about being cornered in the restroom and having your cheesehead jammed up your ass...although, by your gay bar comments, perhaps that would be disappointing to you...  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
LOL!  Jeezus dude...  Time to get out of the house more often...  There are 7 Million people who live in the Dallas Metro with probably 3X the population of the fucking city of Green Bay, WI (100,000) who count themselves Packers fans...  I'm guessing you might be able to find a bar or two there you wouldn't have to be worried about being cornered in the restroom and having your cheesehead jammed up your ass...although, by your gay bar comments, perhaps that would be disappointing to you...  Razz
I would rethink wearing the cheesehead when not in Wisconsin. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
GO PACKERs

No, I'm not kidding.
Yes, that's a fact. There are a lot of Packer fans here in DFW, almost as many as Steelers fans. LOL

Last edited by CatalinaMinx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next