Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real

2 posters

Go down

Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real Empty Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real

Post by MrEd4748 Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

The following headline led the sports page in my Tuesday morning newspaper; no seriously:

Frazier:  Ponder or Freeman will start vs. Dallas   Rolling Eyes (No shit, sherlock!)
Trade rumors continue to swirl

That's the lead in to an Associated Press report by Jon Krawczynski out of Eden Prairie, MN.

"The Minnesota Vikings' defense can't stop anybody. There's a different quarterback under center every week.
The star defensive end is the subject of trade rumors.  And the coaching staff is stepping out onto thinner and
thinner ice with each successive blowout loss.  Other than that, things couldn't be going better for them."

So, how are things in Packerland?   5-2 is looking pretty good.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real Empty Re: Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:The following headline led the sports page in my Tuesday morning newspaper; no seriously:

Frazier:  Ponder or Freeman will start vs. Dallas   Rolling Eyes (No shit, sherlock!)
Trade rumors continue to swirl

That's the lead in to an Associated Press report by Jon Krawczynski out of Eden Prairie, MN.

"The Minnesota Vikings' defense can't stop anybody. There's a different quarterback under center every week.
The star defensive end is the subject of trade rumors.  And the coaching staff is stepping out onto thinner and
thinner ice with each successive blowout loss.  Other than that, things couldn't be going better for them."

So, how are things in Packerland?   5-2 is looking pretty good.
Vikings wouldn’t get a third-round compensatory pick for Jared Allen
Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Earlier today, we tried to cobble together various guidelines regarding the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]for determining compensatory draft picks.
We’ve since acquired some more information about the little-known and largely misunderstood device for giving teams extra draft picks to replace the veterans who have left for free agency, specifically as the process applies to Vikings defensive end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Despite widespread reports and speculation that the Vikings would get a third-round compensatory pick in 2015 if Allen leaves as a free agent in 2014, a source with knowledge of the formula tells PFT that the Vikings would be limited to a fifth-round compensatory pick for Allen.
The system is designed to protect teams who lose players after their rookie deals have expired.  For players like Allen, who have completed two multi-year contracts, the impact of the departure is less significant.
Per the source, there’s an exception to this rule.  For quarterbacks who leave via free agency, it doesn’t matter whether one, two, or more contracts have been completed — a third-round pick could still be available as the maximum compensation, based on the other relevant factors.
This means that, if the Vikings are getting offers for Allen, they need to compare the proposed trade compensation in 2014 with the fact that, at most, they’ll get a fifth-round compensatory pick in 205.
Which is basically a sixth-round pick since it comes after all of the regular fifth-round picks.
Which makes it roughly worth a seventh-round pick in 2014.
Which means that if the Vikings could get a third-round pick for Allen in 2014 and avoid paying him $7.5 million for nine early 2014 preseason games, they should take the deal.
And then take off the ski mask.

As the saying goes--if it's not worth insuring--it's not worth having...  The issues obviously run deep in Barneyland.  Allen will not be re-signed...so they might as well try to get something for him that whomever they bring in as the new GM and Head Coach can try to do something with...  That's, however, assuming the 'munch has enough of a clue to clearly see that both Frazier and Spielman need to go...

My guess is Frazier will be fired.  Duh, right?  Not necessarily--considering the players involved.  That's Spielman's role to do that...but here's the tricky part for a consummate idiot like Zygmunt.  He must then fire Spielman in a separate effort...and it takes slightly more vision to connect the dots from all the problems in Viqueenland to the GM--as the fan base, along with the owner--really aren't exactly sure what the guy does and therefore to what degree he is responsible.  This is the problem with a weak leader in a dominant role within a cloudy org chart.

This QB debacle was endorsed and approved by Spielman.  His own words described an *open competition* among the three QB's to *see what they have.*  What they have?  What they have is a system that guarantees failure...and is so patently weak and gutless in it's approach that I'm not sure the stench can ever be erased.  Ponder was lied to.  Cassel was lied to. Freeman was lied to...  And beyond that--they ALL are complicit in the perpetuation of a great big lie on the Vikings fan base.  It's all just a web of dysfunction woven to protect weak, incompetent people from being exposed as such--as they desperately grasp at straws hoping to ride some passing thunder...

Spielman is who hired Frazier to begin with on the throes of the removal of Childress.  Who does that?  Executive Leadership 101:  You NEVER go inside to replace an incompetent leader with one of his/her own...  That's rancid beef, Jasper...  Duh?  So now, let's assume Frazier is fired and Spielman retained.  So who makes the new hire?  Laughing   That's right--Spielman.   Laughing 

I'm sorry, Ed...  If Spielman survives this--you're looking at 3 more years minimum of this chucklefuck chest-bumping your purple ass into oblivion.  If I'm AP--I'd go in for a little chat with the 'munch and make clear to him that if Frazier AND Spielman aren't removed--then to get busy getting what he can for me because my ass has taken it's last snap in a Barney dress...  The fucker's gonna ride in a wheelchair when he's 60--for this?  No-go, daddy-o...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real Empty Re: Sportspage headline in Viking land....for real

Post by MrEd4748 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

I agree that both Frazier and Spielman have to go.  But, unfortunately, the players, for some reason, are standing by their coach.  I personally don't see Allen or Peterson with this team in 2014.  Sadly enough, even as the fans are calling for the entire coaching staff to get the axe, unless Zigy "I'm sticking with the plan" Wilf decides not to stick with the plan, this team is doomed for continued failure.  I'm done watching Leslie Frazier stand on the sidelines, showing no emotion, acting like he's on another planet during football games.  He's totally incompetent as a head coach in this league.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:I agree that both Frazier and Spielman have to go.  But, unfortunately, the players, for some reason, are standing by their coach.  I personally don't see Allen or Peterson with this team in 2014.  Sadly enough, even as the fans are calling for the entire coaching staff to get the axe, unless Zigy "I'm sticking with the plan" Wilf decides not to stick with the plan, this team is doomed for continued failure.  I'm done watching Leslie Frazier stand on the sidelines, showing no emotion, acting like he's on another planet during football games.  He's totally incompetent as a head coach in this league.
Peterson will continue to suffer through it all...  He had his chance to get away from the crazies a couple years ago like Sid Rice and Poohsee Harvin were smart enough to do, but decided to re-up instead.  It's too bad--but hey--he chose his destiny in hooking his cart to that ramshackle nag for the rest of his career  They'll never let him go until he's all used up.  What else do they have?  I still find it unfuckingbelievable that the guy carried that team single-handedly on his back to the playoffs last year and they rewarded him by choosing not to give him the extra 1-2 carries he needed to get the all-time rushing record.  Unconscionable. 8 lousy yards.  Too worried about people saying--Oh, you only handed AP the ball there at the end of the game so he could get the record.  Yeah--fucking right we did, dickbreath...  Show me someone who deserved it more?  I've never seen a more nutless organization in all my days...  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:29 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:I agree that both Frazier and Spielman have to go.  But, unfortunately, the players, for some reason, are standing by their coach.  I personally don't see Allen or Peterson with this team in 2014.  Sadly enough, even as the fans are calling for the entire coaching staff to get the axe, unless Zigy "I'm sticking with the plan" Wilf decides not to stick with the plan, this team is doomed for continued failure.  I'm done watching Leslie Frazier stand on the sidelines, showing no emotion, acting like he's on another planet during football games.  He's totally incompetent as a head coach in this league.
I think they should stay.  Once they get out of that dome life will get better.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down