Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikes playcalling

5 posters

Go down

Vikes playcalling Empty Vikes playcalling

Post by JnC4GB Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Through 3 quarters the Vikings have called 

25 Josh Freeman passes to
12 Adrian Peterson runs

Freeman's longest pass of the game?
A 22 yarder to Adrian Peterson... Rolling Eyes 

It ain't rocket science folks.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Vikes playcalling Empty Re: Vikes playcalling

Post by MB20 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

You're watching that shit? Do you WANT the terrorists to win?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Through 3 quarters the Vikings have called 

12 Adrian Peterson runs

The Giants are stacking the box every play--literally begging the queens to throw the ball.  Peterson has averaged about 2 yards/carry when they have handed it off because of it...  What choice do they have?

Like I said--you can always count on the queens to make the wrong decision.  Start Cassel and they win this game against a horrible, horrible Giants team.  Instead, they just heap more damage on Freeman's fragile psyche by setting him up to fail...and add another L to the collection in the process.  Fules...  So easily foreseeable.  Chalk up yet another Lezbo loss before the game even kicked off...  Wink 

Last edited by _HD_ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

The Giants are stacking the box every play--literally begging the queens to throw the ball.  Peterson has averaged about 2 yards/carry when they have handed it off because of it...  What choice do they have?

Like I said--you can always count on the queens to make the wrong decision.  Start Cassel and they win this game against a horrible, horrible Giants team.  Instead, they just heap more damage on Freeman's fragile psyche by setting him up to fail...and add another L to the collection in the process.  Fules...  So easily foreseeable.  Chalk up another Lezbo loss before the game even kicked off...  Wink 
Hey!!!  Evil or Very Mad   lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:53 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

Like I said--you can always count on the queens to make the wrong decision.  Start Cassel and they win this game against a horrible, horrible Giants team.  Instead, they just heap more damage on Freeman's fragile psyche by setting him up to fail...and add another L to the collection in the process.  Fules...  So easily foreseeable.  Chalk up another Lezbo loss before the game even kicked off...  Wink 
You're right, Sheila. Let's talk about the Rangers instead Laughing

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 pm

MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

Oh no you didn't!!  LOL   My NY teams are just stinking this year!   Sad
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:03 am

MB20 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

I feel sandbagged in shit by just watching that game...  Time to reprimand myself for apparently having nothing better to do for the last 3 hours.  Fuck--I could have been enjoying some nice polka or something on youtube...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 am

_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

Like I said--you can always count on the queens to make the wrong decision.  Start Cassel and they win this game against a horrible, horrible Giants team.  Instead, they just heap more damage on Freeman's fragile psyche by setting him up to fail...and add another L to the collection in the process.  Fules...  So easily foreseeable.  Chalk up yet another Lezbo loss before the game even kicked off...  Wink 
You sure called this one, HD.  Now the Vikes lost the game, pissed away lots of money, messed up Freeman's fragile psyche, pissed off Ponder, confused Cassell and probably worst of all, frustrated their biggest asset in Adrian Peterson.  Hell, throw all the Viking receivers into the negative vortex because they obviously didn't enjoy all the inaccurate high throws or worse, the one led led them right into a safety who was about to jack them up.  Did anyone notice the facial expression on Jennings face after Freeman led him into a big hit?

Damn, I love the Purple!  I just hope they play as shitty as that when we visit the Dump Dome Sunday night.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:56 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

12 Adrian Peterson runs

You sure called this one, HD.  Now the Vikes lost the game, pissed away lots of money, messed up Freeman's fragile psyche, pissed off Ponder, confused Cassell and probably worst of all, frustrated their biggest asset in Adrian Peterson.  Hell, throw all the Viking receivers into the negative vortex because they obviously didn't enjoy all the inaccurate high throws or worse, the one led led them right into a safety who was about to jack them up.  Did anyone notice the facial expression on Jennings face after Freeman led him into a big hit?

Damn, I love the Purple!  I just hope they play as shitty as that when we visit the Dump Dome Sunday night.
Jennings gets what he deserves--had to be the big free agent pimp daddy--caught up in GJ rollin' into his new town in a white sable coat with his GJ pockets stuffed with GJ $100 bills complete with GJ's smilin' ass on them...  Stupid fuck was already all set up with everything he could ever dream of--and, the dumb fuck traded it all away for $Millions less in purple, no QB, no pro-bowls, no GJ smiles and a release slip in a year on his way to a future of begging for the league minimum from someone to even stay in the game.  You only live once--moron...you were fortunate enough to be handed it--and you threw it all away.  Good riddance, chump.  Your fate is what you chose...  Cool 

Now Freeman gets to begin the race next week 10 yards further behind the starting line...nothing to rally around...nothing to buy into...with the weight of the doubt of the entire team squarely riding on his thin shoulders--and you know what the saddest part is?  He can be a player.  You see it there in his fluidity.  You see it there in his delivery and the zip on the ball...  You see it there in his pocket awareness.  The problem is--the dude has no confidence in what he's doing.  He's playing fear of failure.  You see it there with every overthrown ball...but do you think the lezbo has the slightest clue to diagnose what's wrong--let alone fix it?  Fuck--pile yet another poor choice on all the others that led up to it.  ...because that's what losers do...  Wink 

Get ready for more laughs--this comedy is only at intermission...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 am

Relax. Starting Freeman was the right decision. His "psyche" needs to be tested if they're going to keep him. He needs to start every game for the duration of the season. The communication was off between his receivers, but I did like what I saw as far as the strength of his arm and the quickness of his release. If he's worth keeping, he'll walk through this and keep giving 100%. If they're smart enough to let him start next week, I predict his performance will be much better. Carry on with your sewing circle...
                                                   sunny 

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

_HD_ wrote:The Giants are stacking the box every play--literally begging the queens to throw the ball.  Peterson has averaged about 2 yards/carry when they have handed it off because of it...  What choice do they have?
I don't care if they put 11 in the box and throw in Greg Jenning's sister, you keep feeding Peterson the rock. ONLY CHANCE THEY HAD.

Final breakdown:

Freeman 54 pass plays
Peterson 13 running plays

Is there any reality in which that distribution equals a Viking's win?

In a word, no.

AP got 10 touches last week and 13 last night. I will be gobsmacked if he doesn't get at least 20 against us next Monday. GOD KNOWS the fucker will have fresh legs.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 am

ILvLamp wrote:You sure called this one, HD.  Now the Vikes lost the game, pissed away lots of money, messed up Freeman's fragile psyche, pissed off Ponder, confused Cassell and probably worst of all, frustrated their biggest asset in Adrian Peterson.  Hell, throw all the Viking receivers into the negative vortex because they obviously didn't enjoy all the inaccurate high throws or worse, the one led led them right into a safety who was about to jack them up.  Did anyone notice the facial expression on Jennings face after Freeman led him into a big hit?

Relax. Starting Freeman was the right decision. His "psyche" needs to be tested if they're going to keep him. He needs to start every game for the duration of the season. The communication was off between his receivers, but I did like what I saw as far as the strength of his arm and the quickness of his release. If he's worth keeping, he'll walk through this and keep giving 100%. If they're smart enough to let him start next week, I predict his performance will be much better. Carry on with your sewing circle...
                                                   sunny 
When your team's priorities in mid-October place developing a QB who has had 4 practices under his belt over winning games, well...

Serious question- how does Spielman escape the fan base's wrath through all this? His bungling of the QB situation at the beginning of his tenure led him to having a really talented core to whom he gave a mere 1-year window, and the lesson he learned from that was to reach for fucking Christian Ponder? How the fuck does this guy still have a job? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Just an honest question.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

ILvLamp wrote:You sure called this one, HD.  Now the Vikes lost the game, pissed away lots of money, messed up Freeman's fragile psyche, pissed off Ponder, confused Cassell and probably worst of all, frustrated their biggest asset in Adrian Peterson.  Hell, throw all the Viking receivers into the negative vortex because they obviously didn't enjoy all the inaccurate high throws or worse, the one led led them right into a safety who was about to jack them up.  Did anyone notice the facial expression on Jennings face after Freeman led him into a big hit?

sunny 
The communication was "off?"  Yeah, I'd say so.  Did you see the joke page about Weeden's pass distribution being all over the stadium?  Freeman needs one of those.

Granted, like HD said, Freeman went into that game in a no-win situation... but I thought he was absolutely horrible.  Poor judgment.  Terribly inaccurate.  Late.  Yeah, I know some folks like his arm strength and fluid release, but I think this guy has "bust" written all over him.

Perfect pick up for the Purple!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:The Giants are stacking the box every play--literally begging the queens to throw the ball.  Peterson has averaged about 2 yards/carry when they have handed it off because of it...  What choice do they have?
I don't care if they put 11 in the box and throw in Greg Jenning's sister, you keep feeding Peterson the rock. ONLY CHANCE THEY HAD.

Final breakdown:

Freeman 54 pass plays
Peterson 13 running plays

Is there any reality in which that distribution equals a Viking's win?

In a word, no.

AP got 10 touches last week and 13 last night. I will be gobsmacked if he doesn't get at least 20 against us next Monday. GOD KNOWS the fucker will have fresh legs.
No...  They were running even 9 in the box most of the night and manning up on both Jennings and the receiver on the other side--AT THE SAME TIME.  If you don't take that opportunity--you have no business being in the game...especially since AP gained like 26 yards in the 13 times they did give him the ball.  This game wasn't lost based on play selection.  This game was lost based on personnel selection--and that is an unforgivable mistake for a head coach in the NFL to not be astute to what it takes for a player to excel at his position--and make sure he is prepared to fucking have it.  I'm not even sure Brad Childress would have been this big of an idiot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 pm

duck wrote:

sunny 
The communication was "off?"  Yeah, I'd say so.  Did you see the joke page about Weeden's pass distribution being all over the stadium?  Freeman needs one of those.

Granted, like HD said, Freeman went into that game in a no-win situation... but I thought he was absolutely horrible.  Poor judgment.  Terribly inaccurate.  Late.  Yeah, I know some folks like his arm strength and fluid release, but I think this guy has "bust" written all over him.

Perfect pick up for the Purple!
See?  This is the problem.  Thanks to the Lezbo's desperation--most everyone has now jumped to this conclusion...and is it fair?  NO.  THE GUY WASN'T READY!  Freeman has the tools to succeed.  He only lacks the leadership to let them shine.  Watch what happens when he hits free agency.  There are a couple of GM's out there right now laughing their asses off and licking their chops because they can plainly see what the guy has, what the guy is lacking, and what the guy could be...and the rest?  Well, like everyone else--they're quick to dismiss him as a bust...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 pm

MB20 wrote:

sunny 
When your team's priorities in mid-October place developing a QB who has had 4 practices under his belt over winning games, well...

Serious question- how does Spielman escape the fan base's wrath through all this? His bungling of the QB situation at the beginning of his tenure led him to having a really talented core to whom he gave a mere 1-year window, and the lesson he learned from that was to reach for fucking Christian Ponder? How the fuck does this guy still have a job? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Just an honest question.
Because nobody is quite clear on how the chain of command works in that dysfunctional organization.  Supposedly a couple of years ago--Spielman was granted the traditional power that goes along with a GM in a functional org chart...so he technically has it.  The problem is--he strikes me as kind of a nutless chucklefuck.  Too bad--he's been reasonably astute in his roster decisions--of course outside of the biggy--QB...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s epic meltdown Monday night in the Meadowlands was just the latest, and perhaps most ghastly, miscalculation at quarterback this season. Freeman's play was almost mesmerizingly ugly in the 23-7 loss to the previously winless Giants, and most of the blame for his primetime implosion in MetLife Stadium seemed to stick to the desperate Vikings, who started the controversial ex-Bucs passer just 12 days after he was signed as a free agent.

Let's put aside for the moment that before the game nobody among the vast array of NFL talking heads seemed to be screaming that rushing Freeman onto the field against New York was a bad idea, doomed to fail. But you heard quite a bit of that from all directions once Freeman started unraveling before our eyes, completing just 20 of a whopping 53 passes, a brutal 37.7 completion percentage that probably made Minnesota fans pine for even the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of September.

Yes--Including YOU, Don.  This is why journalists are nothing more than journalists--rock stars every one as they peer into the rear-view mirror to blithely assert after the fact what has already become fucking obvious to anyone running a watt upstairs.  Come to us with this shit before it happens, Nostradumbass--when it is actually potentially useful to somebody in possibly influencing a more astute decision, eh?

Going against a defense that ranked dead last in the league and was allowing 34.8 points per game, Freeman led a Vikings offense that didn't score, and threw for 190 yards, with an interception and a 40.6 passer rating. And those anemic numbers don't even begin to tell the story of how bad he really looked. Consistently misfiring high, low and wide, Freeman sprayed the ball around the field like he was trying to knock down milk bottles at the county fair, to impress a first date. Unofficially, the 40-yard-line led the Vikings in targets.

Many rushed to excuse his performance, saying he was set up to fail by the panicked Vikings in being put on the field so soon, and there's some truth to that. But Freeman is a fifth-year veteran and a former first-round pick, and you'd think he'd be able to hit a few wide-open receivers in stride, even if he still doesn't know all the names on the backs of those white and purple jerseys. Yes, he could have used more preparation time and entered play against New York with a better grasp of the Minnesota offense, but 33 incompletions? C'mon. That's about four games worth for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the football world.

Read More: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 am

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s epic meltdown Monday night in the Meadowlands was just the latest, and perhaps most ghastly, miscalculation at quarterback this season. Freeman's play was almost mesmerizingly ugly in the 23-7 loss to the previously winless Giants, and most of the blame for his primetime implosion in MetLife Stadium seemed to stick to the desperate Vikings, who started the controversial ex-Bucs passer just 12 days after he was signed as a free agent.

Let's put aside for the moment that before the game nobody among the vast array of NFL talking heads seemed to be screaming that rushing Freeman onto the field against New York was a bad idea, doomed to fail. But you heard quite a bit of that from all directions once Freeman started unraveling before our eyes, completing just 20 of a whopping 53 passes, a brutal 37.7 completion percentage that probably made Minnesota fans pine for even the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of September.

Yes--Including YOU, Don.  This is why journalists are nothing more than journalists--rock stars every one as they peer into the rear-view mirror to blithely assert after the fact what has already become fucking obvious to anyone running a watt upstairs.  Come to us with this shit before it happens, Nostradumbass--when it is actually potentially useful to somebody in possibly influencing a more astute decision, eh?

Going against a defense that ranked dead last in the league and was allowing 34.8 points per game, Freeman led a Vikings offense that didn't score, and threw for 190 yards, with an interception and a 40.6 passer rating. And those anemic numbers don't even begin to tell the story of how bad he really looked. Consistently misfiring high, low and wide, Freeman sprayed the ball around the field like he was trying to knock down milk bottles at the county fair, to impress a first date. Unofficially, the 40-yard-line led the Vikings in targets.

Many rushed to excuse his performance, saying he was set up to fail by the panicked Vikings in being put on the field so soon, and there's some truth to that. But Freeman is a fifth-year veteran and a former first-round pick, and you'd think he'd be able to hit a few wide-open receivers in stride, even if he still doesn't know all the names on the backs of those white and purple jerseys. Yes, he could have used more preparation time and entered play against New York with a better grasp of the Minnesota offense, but 33 incompletions? C'mon. That's about four games worth for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the football world.

Haha... Don Banks actually has more flashes of real insight than most sportswriters out there, but all in all he doesn't really understand the sport that he's paid a handsome living to cover, either. I've almost stopped reading sports websites altogether because all even the best of writers can seem to do is tell you what happened and then either manage to draw the wrong conclusions about why or turn every sporting event they cover into a puke-worthy human interest story. The worst of them, like Mike Florio and Peter King, blatantly use their platforms for their ridiculous agendas.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 am

I know that it's somewhere between the National Enquirer and a booger on terms of respectability, but I enjoy the sports website "Deadzone".

It has made me laugh several times, and in my book that counts for something.
Probably why I keep coming here Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:36 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s epic meltdown Monday night in the Meadowlands was just the latest, and perhaps most ghastly, miscalculation at quarterback this season. Freeman's play was almost mesmerizingly ugly in the 23-7 loss to the previously winless Giants, and most of the blame for his primetime implosion in MetLife Stadium seemed to stick to the desperate Vikings, who started the controversial ex-Bucs passer just 12 days after he was signed as a free agent.

Haha... Don Banks actually has more flashes of real insight than most sportswriters out there, but all in all he doesn't really understand the sport that he's paid a handsome living to cover, either. I've almost stopped reading sports websites altogether because all even the best of  writers can seem to do is tell you what happened and then either manage to draw the wrong conclusions about why or turn every sporting event they cover into a puke-worthy human interest story. The worst of them, like Mike Florio and Peter King, blatantly use their platforms for their ridiculous agendas.
Bingo.  The Grand Opulent Poobah in my mind, however, is of course Bob Costas...  What an incredible, self-righteous, stub-pricked little slap-dick that prong is...  What?  Years and years of being able to get away with abusing the make-up girl gives him the belief that reading shit from a 'prompter for 30 years qualifies him as someone anyone would give a steaming pile to hear his thoughts concerning anything?

Look Bob--I'm sorry you were so bullied as a child.  We can't help all those times you were probably pinned to the ground and forced to enjoy some swirlies in the schoolyard--but we just DON'T GIVE A FUCK, eh?   Can it be made any more plain?  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down