Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME

Go down

LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME Empty LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Its absolutly sick the money these guys make I dont care what sport they play, anyhow the latest reports are that its going to take around 90 million to sign Peyton Manning, WOW!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME Empty Re: LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Yea,Yea,Yea I know other have signed for over 100 million and A-Fraud 250 million but Manning is a guy that has MAYBE ( if he is lucky) 3 decent years left, I dont know about anyone else but thats just sad , thats why I dont go to games any longer, you just cant afford the parking, the price of the ticket and a freaking beer is 7 bucks not to mention a freaking hot dog without anything on it is 4-5 bucks.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME Empty Re: LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:07 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:Yea,Yea,Yea I know other have signed for over 100 million and A-Fraud 250 million but Manning is a guy that has MAYBE ( if he is lucky) 3 decent years left, I dont know about anyone else but thats just sad , thats why I dont go to games any longer, you just cant afford the parking, the price of the ticket and a freaking beer is 7 bucks not to mention a freaking hot dog without anything on it is 4-5 bucks.

Unfortunately, even if we don't go to games we're still paying those salaries through the products we buy every day. Even if we never pick up a golf club or watch a golf tourney we're still paying for them too. We're also paying for the corporate ass kissers to rub elbows with all of them. There was a time that only the ticket sales paid for the athletes, but those days are long gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:40 am

PatsRBest wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:Yea,Yea,Yea I know other have signed for over 100 million and A-Fraud 250 million but Manning is a guy that has MAYBE ( if he is lucky) 3 decent years left, I dont know about anyone else but thats just sad , thats why I dont go to games any longer, you just cant afford the parking, the price of the ticket and a freaking beer is 7 bucks not to mention a freaking hot dog without anything on it is 4-5 bucks.

Unfortunately, even if we don't go to games we're still paying those salaries through the products we buy every day. Even if we never pick up a golf club or watch a golf tourney we're still paying for them too. We're also paying for the corporate ass kissers to rub elbows with all of them. There was a time that only the ticket sales paid for the athletes, but those days are long gone.

Unless of course you do not spend on sports apparel or sports equipment. I will occasionally run into a fan who calls me a front runner or even more comical a fair weather fan. And admittedly I seldom if ever even watch Cleveland pro sports anymore...why would I? The 3 pro teams in town are the definition of lousy. We cannot hope to keep top talent let alone lure any to town. The early to late 90's was my last real Cleveland sports hurrah...As the tribe under owner Dick Jacobs made noise like a winner for 5-7 seasons.

Of course they lost two World Series, still I do not begrudge them for that as they tried and spent to do so.

Since then they have not...they have returned to the cheap in MLB and are so inept in the NFL its not even funny anymore. Won't even comment on the cavs fiasco and the LJ disaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 am

If fans don't support the teams the city will find a way for the tax payers to do so. They do it by saying it brings in more revenue than it cost the tax payer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am

I can trace it all back to one thing... TV. The money that TV provides pro sports now has raised the stakes for everything and everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Tjeco wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

Unless of course you do not spend on sports apparel or sports equipment. I will occasionally run into a fan who calls me a front runner or even more comical a fair weather fan. And admittedly I seldom if ever even watch Cleveland pro sports anymore...why would I? The 3 pro teams in town are the definition of lousy. We cannot hope to keep top talent let alone lure any to town. The early to late 90's was my last real Cleveland sports hurrah...As the tribe under owner Dick Jacobs made noise like a winner for 5-7 seasons.

Of course they lost two World Series, still I do not begrudge them for that as they tried and spent to do so.

Since then they have not...they have returned to the cheap in MLB and are so inept in the NFL its not even funny anymore. Won't even comment on the cavs fiasco and the LJ disaster.

The Tribe is my second MLB team. Yankees first and foremost, then the Tribe. IDK what is going on with them, the Dolans are complete fucktards. Every few years there are issues here in the NY metro area with the MSG network because his brother owns it. They are greedy fuckers, and always want to hit the Time Warner Cable users in NYC with added fees to get MSG network in the cable packages. Luckily I live in NJ so I don't have TWC, but it's the same shit all the time. It was a big issue again this year just as the NBA season got underway. The Dolans are seriously rich, and with the Indians selling out as much as they did, he could have easily added a lot of talent to that team. Instead he ran it into the ground. I feel your pain there, I am after all a NY Jets, and NY Knicks fan. Neither team has done shit in 40 years. lol

As for the Cavs, I think the future is bright there. May take 2-3 years to reach fruition, but they have some very talented young players, and should add to that this off-season. I think next year they are serious contenders playoff wise, not a serious title contender, but in that mix. The following year, I can see them challenging the better teams and fighting deep into the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

LMFAO, HOW SAD PRO SPORTS HAVE BECOME Empty TAX PAYERS

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Dmounts wrote:If fans don't support the teams the city will find a way for the tax payers to do so. They do it by saying it brings in more revenue than it cost the tax payer.
The people that dont support the teams by going to games still pay a % of salaries, even just by watching them on tv, buying clothing or even living near the city in the so called sin tax that helps pay for the stadium/field they play in, these owners dont have the money to pay them by alone, not even George Stienbrener when he was up and kicking, he had money coming in from the people of NY and so on to pay that team 250 million plus per year, some people dont realize how much money goes into flying the team from city to city, the money they give the players to eat on in each city, the money they pay to feed the entire team a pre game meal and a post game meal and the money they pay out to keep their minor league teams going, although the minor league players actually pay the clubhouse managers to feed them, but they still get so much to do that as well but not like the pro's get, most clubhouse managers get 9 dollars a day from players to do their uniform ( wash n dry, hang them up bl,bla,bla, could go on and on but not enough time to trype it out), hell the minor league players dont even carry their bags with the unis and personel cloths into the locker room themselves, the clubhouse manager does it, but the minor league players have to pay extra for the clubhouse manager to do their personel laundry, and trust me when I say, I just hit the tip of the iceburg.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Minor league clubhouse managers work ( IF THEY ARE DOINGH A GOOD JOB) 15-18 hours each day, and its all done by one guy unless he pays someone else out of his own pocket to help him, and trust me when I tell you that they dont get that kind of money, if they can they may pay someone 5 bucks an hour at most to help them out and they hav to eat and sleep in the clubhouse because they couldnt afford to rent a place and make nough money to get them through till the next season afterwards, most minor league have it set up so you CANT get unemployment during the off season. And yes, you even have to supply your own cooking equipment as well as pay for the food out of your own pocket most times along with feeding the umps, and the owners do not reimburse you.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Also let me add that each player in the minor get 9 bucks a day to eat on, that is supposd to go to the clubhouse manager for pre game and post game meals, and they are supposed to pay him after the last game of that series before they leave for road games, some pay in a check and sometimes the check bounces, try getting that money back from a guy that is four states away, for the home team club house manager its a little easier because they have to come back, the away club house manager most times you never see them again because of call ups, and we all know that its pretty damn hard feeding a player twice a day on 9 bucks not to mention also having to buy knives,forks,spoons, hot sauce, mustard, plates, and also special requests like beer for the coaches and assistants, there are tons more but I hope you get the picture
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down