Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left tackle

4 posters

Go down

Left tackle Empty Left tackle

Post by RLON39 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:05 am

Resign Starks and have Adams back him up. Beachum is the swing man, and at under 6'3" he basically has no business at tackle. The other option would be to at least improve your OL run blocking by moving Adams, who is better than Gilbert, to the right side. Here's a better depth chart:

LT Starks, Gilbert, Beachum
LG Foster, Beachum
OC Velasco, Wallace, Beachum
RG Decastro, Beachum
RT Adams, Gilbert, Beachum

LT Matthews
LG Pouncey
OC Velasco
RG Decastro

Main backups Beachum, Gilbert, and Wallace

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Left tackle Empty Re: Left tackle

Post by RLON39 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:06 am

2014 Adams at RT, becomes a stud

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am

RLON39 wrote:Resign Starks and have Adams back him up. Beachum is the swing man, and at under 6'3" he basically has no business at tackle. The other option would be to at least improve your OL run blocking by moving Adams, who is better than Gilbert, to the right side. Here's a better depth chart:

LG Foster, Beachum
RG Decastro, Beachum

LT Matthews
LG Pouncey
OC Velasco
RG Decastro

The only part of your chart I really like is keep Velasco and moving Pouncey to LG. Adams has a LOT of improvement to do before he's considered worthy in my opinion. The guy wilted when the pressure went up. Seems to me  he should have stepped up in SOME form..... he did not. THAT is what I think got him "demoted" by the coaching staff. I don't think Starks has anything to offer... I may be wrong, but there HAS to be a reason WHY he was overlooked. The Steelers have always carried a certain amount of loyalty to their players. Sometimes to a fault, so WHY no love for Max?, unless there is something we aren't privy to... Back to rt now.  Gilbert HAS picked up his level. It is not high enough yet, but he has improved. So why bench him in favor of Adams? I'd also like to ask... when is DeCastro going to show his beast side? I have been completely unimpressed with him so far. He's played like he was the 7th rd selection. Beachum has played at a decent level. Mind you... I'm NOT suggesting he is the answer. But he's a definite upgrade over what Adams was doing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 pm

The only part of your chart I really like is keep Velasco and moving Pouncey to LG. Adams has a LOT of improvement to do before he's considered worthy in my opinion. The guy wilted when the pressure went up. Seems to me he should have stepped up in SOME form..... he did not. THAT is what I think got him "demoted" by the coaching staff. I don't think Starks has anything to offer... I may be wrong, but there HAS to be a reason WHY he was overlooked. The Steelers have always carried a certain amount of loyalty to their players. Sometimes to a fault, so WHY no love for Max?, unless there is something we aren't privy to... Back to rt now. Gilbert HAS picked up his level. It is not high enough yet, but he has improved. So why bench him in favor of Adams? I'd also like to ask... when is DeCastro going to show his beast side? I have been completely unimpressed with him so far. He's played like he was the 7th rd selection. Beachum has played at a decent level. Mind you... I'm NOT suggesting he is the answer. But he's a definite upgrade over what Adams was doing.

I agree with you on this.Adams maybe better run blocking,but left,or right side in pass protection he hasn't shown me much at all. DeCastro is damn near becoming a bust here. Starks would've been better on the left,but in his career he was getting beat a lot on the end himself.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:25 pm

RLON39 wrote:Resign Starks and have Adams back him up. Beachum is the swing man, and at under 6'3" he basically has no business at tackle. The other option would be to at least improve your OL run blocking by moving Adams, who is better than Gilbert, to the right side. Here's a better depth chart:

LG Foster, Beachum
RG Decastro, Beachum

LT Matthews
LG Pouncey
OC Velasco
RG Decastro

Last year, Starks was the only linemen that stayed healthy.  And for the most part, he didn't play that bad.  I say, bring him back.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:55 pm

RLON39 wrote:2014 Adams at RT, becomes a stud
LMAO, damn you are a sarcastic Mofo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:
RLON39 wrote:2014 Adams at RT, becomes a stud
LMAO, damn you are a sarcastic Mofo
lol! lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:54 am

Marcia Gilbert has about 1/10th the potential as Adams at right tackle. Neither seem to have much left tackle potential, and Beachum is a shrimp who will define his future against a huge test tomorrow.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

RLON39 wrote:Marcia Gilbert has about 1/10th the potential as Adams at right tackle. Neither seem to have much left tackle potential, and Beachum is a shrimp who will define his future against a huge test tomorrow.
After this embarrassing performance, Tomlin better get on the bullhorn immediately and contact Starks.  That was absolutely horrible.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
RLON39 wrote:Marcia Gilbert has about 1/10th the potential as Adams at right tackle. Neither seem to have much left tackle potential, and Beachum is a shrimp who will define his future against a huge test tomorrow.
After this embarrassing performance, Tomlin better get on the bullhorn immediately and contact Starks.  That was absolutely horrible.
 I'm not sure what is so embarrassing... the combination of  Whimper & Beachum held Suggs & Dumerville to 1.5 sacks in this game.  Ravens D-line isn't slouch. I felt it a definite improvement. They were able to open some creases for Bell and the other backs to operate. I'm not saying they were good, now going to be. But overall... a much better effort than in weeks past.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Bell got 93 yds on 19 carries.... been awhile since running game had numbers near that... 4.89 yds per carry average. Those kinda numbers will perk up any running game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
 I'm not sure what is so embarrassing... the combination of  Whimper & Beachum held Suggs & Dumerville to 1.5 sacks in this game.  Ravens D-line isn't slouch. I felt it a definite improvement. They were able to open some creases for Bell and the other backs to operate. I'm not saying they were good, now going to be. But overall... a much better effort than in weeks past.
Maybe I need to go back and watch it again but I thought our tackles looked like crap.  Ben had 160 yards passing because he had to shorten his passes for fear that he had no time to throw the football.  Did someone on the line get hurt?  I must have missed that as well.  As far as Bell's rushing yards, I expected him to do well because the Raven's run defense sucks this year.  Yea, near the end of the game, Ben appeared to have alittle more time but I guess I just get sick and tired of these so-called fat linemen that cannot block anyone.  At key moments during the game, they get their asses handed to them and our franchise quarterback gets beat up.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Tackles looked like shit, especially on the right side...better off with Adams at RT over Gilbert and Whimper. Adams was dominant at run blocking on that side last year. Beachum is not long enough to be a left tackle, but I guess he's the best option we have right now. The reason for the improvement? Look at the interior three, with DeCastro improving...and dare I say...Velasco is a better center for this team than Pouncey, in fact, he's been a clear upgrade. He won't make the pro bowl like Pouncey, but Pouncey never deserved that honor IMO. Next year, move Pouncey to Left Guard and get an above average left tackle...the line becomes top ten in the NFL, and the Steelers are once again SB contenders. Shamarko Thomas, Jarvis Jones, Cameron Heyward, LeVeon Bell, and David DeCastro all look like the real deal. Jury out on receivers outside of Brown IMO, especially the rookie. There is a lot of young talent.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down