Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reif @ Right Tackle

2 posters

Go down

Reif @ Right Tackle Empty Reif @ Right Tackle

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:48 am

I saw something very encouraging in watching the Bills Lions game yesterday on NFL Replay. They had Reif at RT protecting Moore, the LH QB's blind side, and Fox at LT. The encouraging item was watching the TD by LeShoure. Reif drove his man three yards into the end zone and LeShoure following Reilly's big ol' heiny right into the EZ. I know, he and Fox were not playing against the 1's, but they both will be soon enough. I'd love to see them come in late in the game when the opponent's DL is tired out and just go to pancaking them with KS, LeShoure and K Will punishing them. I think we have RB's enough to do the job if they can be kept whole

Back to top Go down

Reif @ Right Tackle Empty Re: Reif @ Right Tackle

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 am

yes, i am beginning to think that the RBs will be fine. this in light of the fact that the lions will be a pass first and fore most team, naturally.

cheerios is just about done here in motown and backus slides into the back up role next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 pm

McB, I like what Reiff brings as well. Lashoure looks like he can get the tough 2 yards, I was really concerned about the achilles, still am actually. I'm hoping I see from Lashoure in regular season that I saw in pre-season.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:53 am

that leshoure is missing the first two games is good for the leos. another couple of weeks to heal. smith will do fine in his absence. smith wear downs as the season progresses.

the backfield is shaping up nicely. we will all be happy (yes that includes MI.)

it's all about the secondary and bentley will be a stud (a half dozen interceptions is my over and under). delmas and spievey will find their way to better than competence. the otherwise back ups will be just that. houston is rope a doping. i love the lion defense. some here aren't seeing it just yet but you will be soon enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am

bongoman wrote:that leshoure is missing the first two games is good for the leos. another couple of weeks to heal. smith will do fine in his absence. smith wear downs as the season progresses.

the backfield is shaping up nicely. we will all be happy (yes that includes MI.)

it's all about the secondary and bentley will be a stud (a half dozen interceptions is my over and under). delmas and spievey will find their way to better than competence. the otherwise back ups will be just that. houston is rope a doping. i love the lion defense. some here aren't seeing it just yet but you will be soon enough.

I wish I'd be happy but after watching the last two games in preseason I'm more down on our running game. Leshoure may end up being "fine" but great behind this run blocking won't result in very many yards. We are a chuck it team again this year and hope Stafford doesn't get hurt.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 am

yes,we are a throw first team as would be any team with an elite QB and stafford is elite. he threw for 5,000 yards last season and we still haven't seen his ceiling when you consider that he played several games with a splint on his throwing hand. and he is throwing to CJ after all.

the OLs most serious task is to pass block, and that they do well given that the QB likes to go deep. the running game will function as a change of pace feature. get the clock ticking types.

this team will be as good as it's defense allows. that will primarily be determined by the DL which where they're stacked. fairly missed nearly all of last season but his measurables are undeniable. and suh needs to smarter and understand that he is wearing a target. gunther could help him by moving him around a bit.

the LBers will be better too. they have played a year together and that will help substantially.

of course the secondary is a concern but there aren't any perfect teams. bently/ houston and delmas/spievey need to keep the plays in front of them. you will see those guys evolve as the starters as the season wears on. bently is absolutely an upgrade over barry. bigger/faster/ and quicker.

wright will be missed but wasn't he also a cast off?

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:35 pm

bongoman wrote:yes,we are a throw first team as would be any team with an elite QB and stafford is elite. he threw for 5,000 yards last season and we still haven't seen his ceiling when you consider that he played several games with a splint on his throwing hand. and he is throwing to CJ after all.

the OLs most serious task is to pass block, and that they do well given that the QB likes to go deep. the running game will function as a change of pace feature. get the clock ticking types.

this team will be as good as it's defense allows. that will primarily be determined by the DL which where they're stacked. fairly missed nearly all of last season but his measurables are undeniable. and suh needs to smarter and understand that he is wearing a target. gunther could help him by moving him around a bit.

the LBers will be better too. they have played a year together and that will help substantially.

of course the secondary is a concern but there aren't any perfect teams. bently/ houston and delmas/spievey need to keep the plays in front of them. you will see those guys evolve as the starters as the season wears on. bently is absolutely an upgrade over barry. bigger/faster/ and quicker.

wright will be missed but wasn't he also a cast off?

The running game doesn't function at all. That is the problem Bongo. There is no "change of pace" feature when you hand off to a guy who has nowhere to run. It's a waste of a down for the most part with the Lions.

The DL is stacked...on paper. Since early December that DL hasn't done a whole lot to match their reputation and hype.

How in the world do weak LBs get better? They played together for a year in December and stunk out loud. If playing together helps so much why didn't they continually get better through the year? No...it's a lack of talent that is the problem...no experience.

I'm not asking for perfection at the dbs Bongo. I'm asking for a C or C-. I will not see guys evolve because they are wha they are. Bentley is the only one who is new to this game. He is NOT an upgrade THIS YEAR over Berry. He just doesn't have the experience. At best he is break even, at worse, he is a drop off. Also...my big problem with Mayhew is precisely because while Wright was better than the scrubs we now have behind Houston and Delmas (Bentely not a scrub YET...just inexperienced), he certainly wasn't very good. I won't miss him...he was a cast off just as Lacey, Barnes, Florence, Coleman, etc. etc. were. Mayhew has put virtually no resource into the defensive backfield and this is what happens.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down