Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW COBB UPDATE,broken fibula

+2
duck
throttleplate
6 posters

Go down

NEW COBB UPDATE,broken fibula Empty NEW COBB UPDATE,broken fibula

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:06 pm

espn just reported that cobb has a fractured fibula and will mis at least 8 weeks
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NEW COBB UPDATE,broken fibula Empty Re: NEW COBB UPDATE,broken fibula

Post by duck Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 pm

throttleplate wrote:espn just reported that cobb has a fractured fibula and will mis at least 8 weeks
6-8 weeks is what I heard... but who's quibbling.  The bottom line is that he'll be out for a while.

The good news is that it's likely he would be available for the last few games and the playoffs.  Considering most of us thought at first the injury would be a season-ender, the fact that we might get ANY more playing time out of him in 2013 is a bonus.

We'll see.  Let's just hope his recovery goes on schedule.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

duck wrote:
throttleplate wrote:espn just reported that cobb has a fractured fibula and will mis at least 8 weeks
6-8 weeks is what I heard... but who's quibbling.  The bottom line is that he'll be out for a while.

The good news is that it's likely he would be available for the last few games and the playoffs.  Considering most of us thought at first the injury would be a season-ender, the fact that we might get ANY more playing time out of him in 2013 is a bonus.

More than likely he won't be 100% even if he can come back. What TT must do now is go out and get an experienced receiver for the rest of the year.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 am

milani wrote:
duck wrote:

More than likely he won't be 100% even if he can come back. What TT must do now is go out and get an experienced receiver for the rest of the year.
I agree Milani. 

I broke my fibula about 7 years ago. I had to switch tv's from the living room to the basement in between plays of a GB/SEA game. Was only wearing socks on my feet and when I hit the naked wood steps in the basement, in the dark, next thing I knew I was doing exactly what Cobb was doing after he got hit. The wife was far less sympathetic to my injury than Aaron Rodgers was to Cobb's.

Point being, it was six weeks before I could be without the boot and about 2-3 more before I felt "normal" again. Best we really could expect from Cobb would be December 8 versus the Falcons at Lambeau, but it could be a couple more weeks after that which would mean Steelers, Bears, playoffs (if we get in). Anything earlier than the Falcons game would be possible, but he won't be 100%. And judging by how they are handling Sherrod's broken leg timetable, I bet Cobb's return will be later rather than sooner.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:17 am

JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

I broke my fibula about 7 years ago. I had to switch tv's from the living room to the basement in between plays of a GB/SEA game. Was only wearing socks on my feet and when I hit the naked wood steps in the basement, in the dark, next thing I knew I was doing exactly what Cobb was doing after he got hit. The wife was far less sympathetic to my injury than Aaron Rodgers was to Cobb's.

Point being, it was six weeks before I could be without the boot and about 2-3 more before I felt "normal" again. Best we really could expect from Cobb would be December 8 versus the Falcons at Lambeau, but it could be a couple more weeks after that which would mean Steelers, Bears, playoffs (if we get in). Anything earlier than the Falcons game would be possible, but he won't be 100%. And judging by how they are handling Sherrod's broken leg timetable, I bet Cobb's return will be later rather than sooner.
Jeez, you and HD are a couple of fragile little guys, always breaking your bones and getting owies.  Very Happy 

Incredibly, even though I'm a lean guy and have played sports my entire life, I've never suffered a break.  Of course, I don't want to tempt fate.  I realize that one mano a mano on my bike vs. a car will net me a jackpot!  affraid
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Milani will fight you to the death to keep it--but I hear that shit might be on the market...  Laughing 

Yo buddy, i'm sure you were a serious badass around 7 years ago, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cobb has a little more pain tolerance and "want to" than you did back then. Pretty sure you didn't have the Dr Feelgood that Randall has either.

Not that your wife's kisses to your boo-boo's weren't awesome. I sure they were. In fact, PFKIA says they're still pretty good.
 Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

Jeez, you and HD are a couple of fragile little guys, always breaking your bones and getting owies.  Very Happy 

Incredibly, even though I'm a lean guy and have played sports my entire life, I've never suffered a break.  Of course, I don't want to tempt fate.  I realize that one mano a mano on my bike vs. a car will net me a jackpot!  affraid
I'm in the business of living life, pee-pee butt...and business is good...  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:29 pm

_HD_ wrote:Yo buddy, i'm sure you were a serious badass around 7 years ago, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cobb has a little more pain tolerance and "want to" than you did back then. Pretty sure you didn't have the Dr Feelgood that Randall has either.

Not that your wife's kisses to your boo-boo's weren't awesome. I sure they were. In fact, PFKIA says they're still pretty good.
 Laughing
Boom, there it is! 

I still got it  Cool 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Yo buddy, i'm sure you were a serious badass around 7 years ago, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cobb has a little more pain tolerance and "want to" than you did back then. Pretty sure you didn't have the Dr Feelgood that Randall has either.

Laughing
Boom, there it is! 

I still got it  Cool 

LOL.  We both know it wasn't an intentional setup on your part--but you did react quickly with an effective countermove to the assault that could leave doubt in the casual observer.  +1.  Just do humanity a favor and lose that bush on your lip.  This isn't Milwaukee circa 2005, Clifford...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Sorry bud, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I wrote that one.
It not only was true, but I knew it would make your head asplode. Basketball 

As for the facial hair, mine's been a cross between these two schmoes for years now.
You may now ridicule away, my friend Cool 

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:54 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Sorry bud, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I wrote that one.
It not only was true, but I knew it would make your head asplode. Basketball 

Laughing  Very well, then...  By all means--award this man a 2nd +1...

As for the facial hair, mine's been a cross between these two schmoes for years now.
You may now ridicule away, my friend Cool 

Whatever spins your top, Geronimo...  Wink   I'm just relieved to hear that it's not just a 'stache.  I like to laugh at those people at the fair.  I keep a light stubble, normally.  My avatar actually, right down to the shades, could easily be taken from a photo of me--although the beard there is thicker than I usually let it go...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Milani will fight you to the death to keep it--but I hear that shit might be on the market...  Laughing 

Yo buddy, i'm sure you were a serious badass around 7 years ago, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cobb has a little more pain tolerance and "want to" than you did back then. Pretty sure you didn't have the Dr Feelgood that Randall has either.

Laughing
That's why it pays to have versatility as a player. My lower plumbing could be useless. But for some of us the upper half can perform just as well with even better results.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

Laughing
That's why it pays to have versatility as a player. My lower plumbing could be useless. But for some of us the upper half can perform just as well with even better results.
Stop it, dog!  You're gonna drown that camel!   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:00 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I agree Milani. 

Laughing

TMI, Milani.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 am

JnC4GB wrote:Best we really could expect from Cobb would be December 8 versus the Falcons at Lambeau, but it could be a couple more weeks after that which would mean Steelers, Bears, playoffs (if we get in). Anything earlier than the Falcons game would be possible, but he won't be 100%. And judging by how they are handling Sherrod's broken leg timetable, I bet Cobb's return will be later rather than sooner.
Well, Falcons game is out. Being placed on IR-Return list means the first game he can play would be the following week at Dallas.

Three games (Dallas, Pitt, and Chicago) and then any playoff games we earn is all we'll get from Cobb. 

Better than nothing, eh? Neutral
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 am

JnC4GB wrote:

JnC4GB wrote:Best we really could expect from Cobb would be December 8 versus the Falcons at Lambeau, but it could be a couple more weeks after that which would mean Steelers, Bears, playoffs (if we get in). Anything earlier than the Falcons game would be possible, but he won't be 100%. And judging by how they are handling Sherrod's broken leg timetable, I bet Cobb's return will be later rather than sooner.
Well, Falcons game is out. Being placed on IR-Return list means the first game he can play would be the following week at Dallas.

Three games (Dallas, Pitt, and Chicago) and then any playoff games we earn is all we'll get from Cobb. 

Ask Julio Jones.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:05 am

Oh no! Not another pic of the Toe! I'm starting to think you all want some of that.   Shocked
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:19 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Oh no! Not another pic of the Toe! I'm starting to think you all want some of that.   Shocked
Yes, I started to find myself becoming quite intensely sexually-attracted to her so we tried Skypeing last night.
Unfortunately, it didn't work out.  My dick, after mumbling something about *having gone plum-fuck out of my
mind*, and *can see better with one eye* packed up the sack and head for the hills--inviting me to *hit that
shit with Milani's dick* on the way out the door... Now I'm going to try to become friends with PFKIA and see if
I can learn how to be a dickless twat... I don't know.  It must have been the old granny wallpaper there in the
background is the only thing I can figure...  Laughing  

Last edited by _HD_ on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Pack signed pre-season's leading receiver, WR, Tyrone Walker, to the practice squad today.

I liked the kid. Caught everything they put his way as I recall. Not a big guy, more of a Cobb body type.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:01 pm

JnC4GB wrote:

It will depend if we are still in it. If it looks like things fade in November they might just wisely shut him down for 2013.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm

When was the last time the Packers had such a season injury-wise?   This is ridiculous.  And watching Tramon Williams play lately is just plain disgusting.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:When was the last time the Packers had such a season injury-wise?   This is ridiculous.  And watching Tramon Williams play lately is just plain disgusting.
I could see all these cripples together in a hospital lunchroom watching  the Packers play the Lions on Thanksgiving. They'll all be asking," Whose that dude taking my place?"
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:When was the last time the Packers had such a season injury-wise?   This is ridiculous.  And watching Tramon Williams play lately is just plain disgusting.
2010.  The year we ran the table.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:54 am

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:Oh no! Not another pic of the Toe! I'm starting to think you all want some of that.   Shocked
Yes, I started to find myself becoming quite intensely sexually-attracted to her so we tried Skypeing last night.
Unfortunately, it didn't work out.  My dick, after mumbling something about *having gone plum-fuck out of my
mind*, and *can see better with one eye* packed up the sack and head for the hills--inviting me to *hit that
shit with Milani's dick* on the way out the door... Now I'm going to try to become friends with PFKIA and see if
I can learn how to be a dickless twat... I don't know.  It must have been the old granny wallpaper there in the
background is the only thing I can figure...  Laughing  

Its not the toe you're after, its her teeth. Just admit it.  

CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down