Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouch......

4 posters

Go down

Ouch...... Empty Ouch......

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:54 am

On the final offensive play of the third quarter, Matthews blitzed as he always does, only this time not a single [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] player picked him up. That left nothing but daylight between Matthews and quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and, as you would expect, Matthews completed the sack.
Moments later, Matthews was shown jogging with a trainer back to the locker room. This meant it wasn't a hamstring issue, but it was concerning nonetheless.
Following the Packers' 22-9 victory, the news regarding Matthews' status proved there was reason to be concerned. Originally [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it was announced that Matthews had broken his thumb on the play in which he brought down Stafford.
The worst part about it was how innocent the play appeared. Stafford essentially gave himself up when he realized Matthews had broken free, so not much was required to make the play. Just consider that this was possibly the easiest of Matthews' 45 1/2 career sacks.
As Garafolo noted, it's uncertain whether Matthews will be able to play through the injury. It may depend on where exactly the break occurred, if surgery is necessary, and if any tendons or ligaments were damaged in the process.

Such a decision and diagnosis will likely come soon, but Matthews wasn't the only Packers' linebacker to exit Sunday's game with injury.
Nick Perry, Matthews' replacement, hurt his ankle near the end of the game. Starting middle linebacker Brad Jones missed the second half with -- get this -- a hamstring injury. Robert Francios, his replacement, suffered a torn Achilles, which will surely keep him out for the remainder of the season.
As you could imagine, this left Green Bay extremely thin at linebacker.

Shit...down to three deep dogmeat starting at inside LB.  Sure would be nice to have a Desmond Bishop at a paltry $2.5M right now...

Back to top Go down

Ouch...... Empty Re: Ouch......

Post by JnC4GB Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am

_HD_ wrote:Shit...down to three deep dogmeat starting at inside LB.  Sure would be nice to have a Desmond Bishop at a paltry $2.5M right now...
Notice how effectively the Lions worked their TEs once our ST scrubs had to play LB late in the game?

This is a problem.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 am

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Shit...down to three deep dogmeat starting at inside LB.  Sure would be nice to have a Desmond Bishop at a paltry $2.5M right now...
Notice how effectively the Lions worked their TEs once our ST scrubs had to play LB late in the game?

This is a problem.

I don't think Bishop would have been the answer but it is indeed a major problem.

The Packers are deep enough so that they can weather through the usual assortment of NFL injuries.  That's exactly what they did in 2010 of course.  However, when you get a run of injuries at ONE POSITION, you've got a problem, Houston.

I'm sure TT has a ranked list of all the linebackers that are available to him and is making calls now as we speak.  Unfortunately, the ones he picks up are likely to be substandard.  It might be up to Capers to find a way to disguise this weakness through various schemes.

Bottom line is that it becomes a major weakness for the Packers.  I don't like it at all.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:42 am

Duck says  ;It might be up to Capers to find a way to disguise this weakness through various schemes'

Capers cant scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:41 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.
I don't think Bishop would have been the answer but it is indeed a major problem.

LOL!  Let me get this straight, Duck...  You're saying that, despite the fact that we are down to whatever scrub they can scape up as a backup to the backup, Robert Francois, you're glad they don't have a healthy Desmond Bishop on the roster right now to have stepped in?
Shocked 

Optimism is generally a good thing, Duck...but you've got to be careful as it can turn into homerism at the blink of an eye.  Irrationally optimistic is no better than irrationally pessimistic because it is equally irrationally off the mark, my friend...and just because Bishop is no longer a Packer doesn't mean he automatically turns to shit or that it was even a wise decision to release him, eh?   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:58 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

LOL!  Let me get this straight, Duck...  You're saying that, despite the fact that we are down to whatever scrub they can scape up as a backup to the backup, Robert Francois, you're glad they don't have a healthy Desmond Bishop on the roster right now to have stepped in?
Shocked 

Optimism is generally a good thing, Duck...but you've got to be careful as it can turn into homerism at the blink of an eye.  Irrationally optimistic is no better than irrationally pessimistic because it is equally irrationally off the mark, my friend...
I think we both agree that both endpoints (irrationally optimistic and irrationally pessimistic) are absurd, we just differ in where the balancing point is in the middle.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:06 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

Shocked 

Optimism is generally a good thing, Duck...but you've got to be careful as it can turn into homerism at the blink of an eye.  Irrationally optimistic is no better than irrationally pessimistic because it is equally irrationally off the mark, my friend...
I think we both agree that both endpoints (irrationally optimistic and irrationally pessimistic) are absurd, we just differ in where the balancing point is in the middle.
I'd have to agree, because--if your *balancing point in the middle* makes you glad to not have Desmond Bishop right now--your middle of the rational scale extends well into Homerville on my scale...  Laughing   Say Hi to Roofer for me...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

Shocked 

I'd have to agree, because--if your *balancing point in the middle* makes you glad to not have Desmond Bishop right now--your middle of the rational scale extends well into Homerville on my scale...  Laughing   Say Hi to Roofer for me...  Wink

Obviously I'd love a "healthy" Desmond Bishop but my belief is that he's not anywhere near where he used to be.  I understand that he's been marginalized by the Vikings and hardly ever sees the field.

If I am wrong in any of this then, of course, he would be an asset.  However if he is indeed just a damaged old dog, I'd rather have someone younger and cheaper.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

Shocked 

Obviously I'd love a "healthy" Desmond Bishop but my belief is that he's not anywhere near where he used to be.  I understand that he's been marginalized by the Vikings and hardly ever sees the field.

If I am wrong in any of this then, of course, he would be an asset.  However if he is indeed just a damaged old dog, I'd rather have someone younger and cheaper.
Desmond Bishop trying to be patient
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
(9/10/13) Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did not play a single snap in the season-opening loss to Detroit as Minnesota started Marvin Mitchell at outside linebacker. Bishop said he's fully healthy following a preseason groin injury.
"I wish I could have played, but I'm just being patient," Bishop told the Star-Tribune.
Desmond Bishop 'waiting for opportunity'
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(9/5/13) Although Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] led the team with 19 tackles during the preseason, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] against the Lions. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Marvin Mitchell will start at weakside linebacker.
Bishop, who hasn't played since the 2011 season, will have to wait at least one more week to get back into a regular season game.
"Not this week," Bishop said Thursday, per 1500 ESPN. "Just waiting for my opportunity."
Desmond Bishop looking good for Vikings
by Dave Richard | Senior Fantasy Writer
(8/1/13) New Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't working with the first-team offense yet but has shown that he's over the hamstring injury that sidelined him in 2012. In a Wednesday practice he showed burst on a blitz and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the hammy problem, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports. 

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Mild hysteria ensued when word got out that first-round pick and rookie receiver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] only played six snaps in Sunday's loss at the Chicago Bears.
Coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said that issue will get 'rectified,' meaning that Patterson will play more this Sunday. But perhaps an even more impactful player, at least from a position group that has struggled, will play more in linebacker Desmond Bishop.
"This week we want to get him a few more snaps," Frazier said. "Some more time on the field and see what he does with that. He seems to be much more comfortable in our defense now than a few weeks ago."
Bishop, 29, signed a one-year, veteran minimum deal this offseason after being cut by the Green Bay Packers, where he spent his first six years in the NFL as a middle linebacker in their 3-4 scheme.
After a successful run with the Packers, which included consecutive 100-tackle seasons and a Super Bowl championship, Bishop was highly touted as the next starting Vikings linebacker, whether it would be supplanting linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the middle or taking over at the weak side for linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
However, Bishop took a while to adjust after missing all the offseason workouts and didn't get on the field until the Aug. 16 preseason game at the Buffalo Bills.
The result so far has been two snaps for Bishop -- tied for the fewest for any defensive player alongside cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"We wanted to make sure he got some game snaps and we wanted to get him a series," Frazier said. "It just turned out [the Bears] ended up going to three-wide sets so we cut it short as far as our base defense."
Bishop said it was a little frustrating finally getting his number called only to be back on the sideline after two plays.
"Yeah, a little bit," Bishop said. "That's something I can't control, I don't worry about it too much."
The situation of not playing Bishop would be a little less confusing should he be behind a tenured linebacker group -- but that's one area the Vikings' defense has struggled.
Miscommunication a part of it, linebackers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have both been exploited in coverage and struggled at times defending the run.
Frazier alluded to Greenway maybe doing a little too much to make up for Henderson, who is in the middle for the first time this season.
"There's potential for that to happen with a new guy across from you," Frazier said. "That's something we've got to guard against. You've got to trust that [Henderson] is going to do his job, you do your job and we'll be fine as a group."
"[Greenway] shouldn't feel like he has to do any more than he has in the past."
Henderson critiqued his play as so-so in his first two outings.
"I think I've played OK, think I've done some things well. There's some things I can do better," Henderson said. "That's what the season's all about, it's about progressing, getting better, making sure you're taking the steps necessary for us to be successful as a defense. I'm continuing to study my film and my playbook and my job so I can go out there and play fast on Sundays."

I've tried to correct your misperception before, Duck...  Bishop tore it up at times--as per his usual--for the queens during the preseason...but the Lezbo, quite understandably in his idiocy, has barely let him sniff the field so far in the reg season...  I guess you and the lezbo are trackin' the same frequency on that just turned 29 year old *old dog*...  Hopefully they don't get a clue until after the Packer game.  I'm starting to wonder if the Lezbo is a clueless cross-dressing fuck-tard the likes of his mentor--Brad Childress...   Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:12 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

Shocked 

(9/10/13) Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did not play a single snap in the season-opening loss to Detroit as Minnesota started Marvin Mitchell at outside linebacker. Bishop said he's fully healthy following a preseason groin injury.
"I wish I could have played, but I'm just being patient," Bishop told the Star-Tribune.
(9/5/13) Although Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] led the team with 19 tackles during the preseason, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] against the Lions. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Marvin Mitchell will start at weakside linebacker.
Bishop, who hasn't played since the 2011 season, will have to wait at least one more week to get back into a regular season game.
"Not this week," Bishop said Thursday, per 1500 ESPN. "Just waiting for my opportunity."
(8/1/13) New Vikings linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't working with the first-team offense yet but has shown that he's over the hamstring injury that sidelined him in 2012. In a Wednesday practice he showed burst on a blitz and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the hammy problem, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports. 

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Mild hysteria ensued when word got out that first-round pick and rookie receiver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] only played six snaps in Sunday's loss at the Chicago Bears.
Coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said that issue will get 'rectified,' meaning that Patterson will play more this Sunday. But perhaps an even more impactful player, at least from a position group that has struggled, will play more in linebacker Desmond Bishop.
"This week we want to get him a few more snaps," Frazier said. "Some more time on the field and see what he does with that. He seems to be much more comfortable in our defense now than a few weeks ago."
Bishop, 29, signed a one-year, veteran minimum deal this offseason after being cut by the Green Bay Packers, where he spent his first six years in the NFL as a middle linebacker in their 3-4 scheme.
After a successful run with the Packers, which included consecutive 100-tackle seasons and a Super Bowl championship, Bishop was highly touted as the next starting Vikings linebacker, whether it would be supplanting linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the middle or taking over at the weak side for linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
However, Bishop took a while to adjust after missing all the offseason workouts and didn't get on the field until the Aug. 16 preseason game at the Buffalo Bills.
The result so far has been two snaps for Bishop -- tied for the fewest for any defensive player alongside cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"We wanted to make sure he got some game snaps and we wanted to get him a series," Frazier said. "It just turned out [the Bears] ended up going to three-wide sets so we cut it short as far as our base defense."
Bishop said it was a little frustrating finally getting his number called only to be back on the sideline after two plays.
"Yeah, a little bit," Bishop said. "That's something I can't control, I don't worry about it too much."
The situation of not playing Bishop would be a little less confusing should he be behind a tenured linebacker group -- but that's one area the Vikings' defense has struggled.
Miscommunication a part of it, linebackers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have both been exploited in coverage and struggled at times defending the run.
Frazier alluded to Greenway maybe doing a little too much to make up for Henderson, who is in the middle for the first time this season.
"There's potential for that to happen with a new guy across from you," Frazier said. "That's something we've got to guard against. You've got to trust that [Henderson] is going to do his job, you do your job and we'll be fine as a group."
"I think I've played OK, think I've done some things well. There's some things I can do better," Henderson said. "That's what the season's all about, it's about progressing, getting better, making sure you're taking the steps necessary for us to be successful as a defense. I'm continuing to study my film and my playbook and my job so I can go out there and play fast on Sundays."

I've tried to correct your misperception before, Duck...  Bishop tore it up at times--as per his usual--for the queens during the preseason...but the Lezbo, quite understandably in his idiocy, has barely let him sniff the field so far in the reg season...  I guess you and the lezbo are trackin' the same frequency on that just turned 29 year old *old dog*...  Hopefully they don't get a clue until after the Packer game.  I'm starting to wonder if the Lezbo is a clueless cross-dressing fuck-tard the likes of his mentor--Brad Childress...   Razz 

I haven't seen him play since he left Green Bay, HD.  You say he "tore it up at times" in the preseason.  The Vikings coaching staff seems to feel he's not up to snuff.

Now if it was just your take against that organization of fools, I might tilt your way. However, the fact that the Packers also unloaded him unceremoniously makes me think that Mr. Bishop might not be worthy of the high regard you hold for him.   Smile
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.

Shocked 

I haven't seen him play since he left Green Bay, HD.  You say he "tore it up at times" in the preseason.  The Vikings coaching staff seems to feel he's not up to snuff.

Now if it was just your take against that organization of fools, I might tilt your way. However, the fact that the Packers also unloaded him unceremoniously makes me think that Mr. Bishop might not be worthy of the high regard you hold for him.   Smile
Sounds good anyway, Duck...but the Pack released Bishop before he even had a chance to step onto the field and offer a demonstration of to what degree he did or did not retain his former excellence.  They had already decided that regardless of what he had or how he had recovered--he was not to be part of the team's plans moving forward.  Already now--they find themselves in a position to find that regrettable.  The dead money hit on the cap made the cap savings negligible...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:27 pm

JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.
Francois' fate will be determined in a day or two. As for Perry, don't worry about him. He was on the ground after that one play mainly because his shoe came off. He'll be fine.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

milani wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.
Francois' fate will be determined in a day or two. As for Perry, don't worry about him. He was on the ground after that one play mainly because his shoe came off. He'll be fine.
In a day or two?  Uhhhh...the guy has a torn achilles...  There is no determining necessary for that fate...  IR, dude.

Perry is an outside LB...and no concern was expressed about him.  Jones is an ILB and could be out weeks with a hammy...  This is the position of greatest concern...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

This is a problem.
In a day or two?  Uhhhh...the guy has a torn achilles...  There is no determining necessary for that fate...  IR, dude.

Perry is an outside LB...and no concern was expressed about him.  Jones is an ILB and could be out weeks with a hammy...  This is the position of greatest concern...
TT is going to hit the podium before the end of today.  A roster move will be made by Tues or Wed. Sorry.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:05 pm

press reports say mathews out at least 4 weeks,he needs his hands to fight off defenders,the club he would have on his hand will limit him,to bad a club to the head is outlawed.Perry is no clay,doesnt have his speed or savy moves to leap through the air and cause fumbles from behind.What team is gonna freak out about perry or neal.

No clay we are fucked,no francious,we fucked,no jones we fucked,capers as defense schemer we fucked.Its gonna be arods arm and 40 points a game for us and in the 30 for the other team for us to win.I predicted a 9-7 season and it looks like it could go that way
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:17 pm

throttleplate wrote:press reports say mathews out at least 4 weeks,he needs his hands to fight off defenders,the club he would have on his hand will limit him,to bad a club to the head is outlawed.Perry is no clay,doesnt have his speed or savy moves to leap through the air and cause fumbles from behind.What team is gonna freak out about perry or neal.

No clay we are fucked,no francious,we fucked,no jones we fucked,capers as defense schemer we fucked.Its gonna be arods arm and 40 points a game for us and in the 30 for the other team for us to win.I predicted a 9-7 season and it looks like it could go that way
$5 dolla... YOU fucked, big boy. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 pm

she looks like my masseuse whom loves to give me happy ending
_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:press reports say mathews out at least 4 weeks,he needs his hands to fight off defenders,the club he would have on his hand will limit him,to bad a club to the head is outlawed.Perry is no clay,doesnt have his speed or savy moves to leap through the air and cause fumbles from behind.What team is gonna freak out about perry or neal.

$5 dolla... YOU fucked, big boy. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down