Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Family Update

Go down

A Little Family Update Empty A Little Family Update

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am

Update of 140 years ago. My great Grandfather, John Wolf McBride and 1000 of his closest friends, left Kalamazoo in Aug 1961, passed some time along the Southern lake shore of Erie, enjoying the hospitality of Cleveland, (The Mistake on the Lake), he and his companions from SW Michigan hurried on to the Chesapeake Bay area to enjoy some fine seafood. They were kindly asked to take a cruise on the famed USS Constitution on Feb 5, 1862 from Hampton Va for a trip along the Gulf coast to balmy Ship Island, Mississippi for the balance of winter. After Lolling about in maritime Miss for several weeks, they were anxious to cruise on over to Nawlins as soon as they could secure satisfactory transportation. I promise to keep Y'all abreast of this exciting trip by my G,G, G'Pappy and his younger brother Solomon Wesley McBride

Back to top Go down

A Little Family Update Empty Re: A Little Family Update

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am

That was supposed to read 150 years, not 140 sorry-ass editing/proofreading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Velly interesting, RL. You know that I have been doing my family history for forty years. Of course it does look like a Quebec phone book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down