Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggs don't like Brady's "smug attitude"

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suggs don't like Brady's "smug attitude" - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggs don't like Brady's "smug attitude"

Post by LRJets Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 am

Gup, to end this string, I can say that you are probably more to the facts than the rest.  I'm not talking about Cat, George, or myself.  I'm talking about the "Page 6" readers and most people in general. The majority of us did not lie, did not embellish, we were given media accounts and drew from there.

You as a Patriots fan bothered to dig deeper than the rest of us.  We as fans sometimes bring morality into the sports arena.  Since time immemorial, we WANT to have our heroes wearing white hats.

The best parallel I can offer is once again, the departure of Bill Belichick from the contract he signed 24 hours as the head coach of the Jets.  
Exclude the Jets fans, the Patriots fans, leaving any unbiased people of reason can see:

1.  BB simply broke a contract.
2. That leads to obviously no intentions of honoring it.
3. To tell the world at his introductory press conference he is not remaining a the Jets head coach, and to make it worse, the Jets finding out the same time John Q. Public does???
4. So some Patriots fans (using the AOL boards as a random sample), either concocted, surmised, to bring the "harm" Parcells brought to the Patriots, (It was the Fern and Rags' , "Two Wrongs Make A Right " rule), bringing Kraft into it, etc. etc.

Just showing how some people try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.
Time to move on.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Suggs don't like Brady's "smug attitude" - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggs don't like Brady's "smug attitude"

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:01 am

LRJets wrote:Gup, to end this string, I can say that you are probably more to the facts than the rest.  I'm not talking about Cat, George, or myself.  I'm talking about the "Page 6" readers and most people in general. The majority of us did not lie, did not embellish, we were given media accounts and drew from there.

You as a Patriots fan bothered to dig deeper than the rest of us.  We as fans sometimes bring morality into the sports arena.  Since time immemorial, we WANT to have our heroes wearing white hats.

The best parallel I can offer is once again, the departure of Bill Belichick from the contract he signed 24 hours as the head coach of the Jets.  
Exclude the Jets fans, the Patriots fans, leaving any unbiased people of reason can see:

1.  BB simply broke a contract.
2. That leads to obviously no intentions of honoring it.
3. To tell the world at his introductory press conference he is not remaining a the Jets head coach, and to make it worse, the Jets finding out the same time John Q. Public does???
4. So some Patriots fans (using the AOL boards as a random sample), either concocted, surmised, to bring the "harm" Parcells brought to the Patriots, (It was the Fern and Rags' , "Two Wrongs Make A Right " rule), bringing Kraft into it, etc. etc.

Just showing how some people try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.
Time to move on.

LR, time to move on, fine.  I'm with you.  But as you can tell about me, I'm into holding people accountable for their words.  Just like I should be held accountable for my words.  If something someone says in inaccurate, that's when I jump in.   If I am guilty of an inaccuracy, and it is pointed out to me, I retract my previous erroneous statement.  I say, "My bad.  I was wrong about that."  Just looking to hold others to that same standard. 

I think I have made it clear by now that I do not think that my team, coach or quarterback is above criticism.  If someone thinks I am a "defend them at all costs" person, then they just don't know me.  The only thing that really gets me, and draws a reaction from me, is when the critics take facts beyond the limits of truth.  My biggest example involves spygate.  It was what it was.  Also, it was not what it was not.  When people take what was true (taping sideline defensive coaches during live games), and making the leap to something completely untrue and never, ever happened (taping another team's private practice or walk through), I go nuts.  I say, what is wrong with these people?  Are they so disappointed by someone else's success, and their own lack of it, that they just flat out lie to make themseleves feel better?  I guess they are.   
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 am

LRJets wrote:Gup, to end this string, I can say that you are probably more to the facts than the rest.  I'm not talking about Cat, George, or myself.  I'm talking about the "Page 6" readers and most people in general. The majority of us did not lie, did not embellish, we were given media accounts and drew from there.

To me, there is a huge difference between "ditching a girlfriend who is 3 months pregnant", and breaking up with your girlfriend and then later finding out she is pregnant.  Huge difference.  To act as if they are one and the same is reckless and irresponsible imo. 

You talk about not embellishing.  Pfft.  Cat calls Gisele a "home wrecker".  Question:  Doesn't there first have to be a traditional "home" in place to wreck before one can be considered a "home wrecker"?   Again, maybe I'm more just careful with words than others. 

I didn't have to dig really.  It was my memory that they broke up, and then several months later, she found out she was preganant.  Its too bad, but it happened.  Now, he, as the father, has to take responsibility.  The extent to which he has done or is doing that, is not enough for George, who has special insight into TB's private life that the rest of us mere mortals don't have.  George says, TB "turned his back" on Bridget and his son, and he "acted like an asshole" during the boy's first year, but then later changed.  I don't know if those are fair characterizations or not.  And I'm not interested in debating that subject.  I don't have an opinion.  I don't read up on what TB did during his son's first year.  But knowing George, I'm sure his characterizations are "fair".  Ya, right.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:43 am

You talk about not embellishing.  Pfft.  Cat calls Gisele a "home wrecker".  Question:  Doesn't there first have to be a traditional "home" in place to wreck before one can be considered a "home wrecker"?   Again, maybe I'm more just careful with words than others. 

Gup, the trouble with sports message boards in general, is  the team is "the tie that binds us".  In this case, using the NE Patriots board, not being a Patriots fan except for  you, is the "tie that binds the rest of us".
I must say, I've never seen a board with such simpatico towards one another in a football manner.
You, George and myself have known each other for years.  We have never had a major blow-up between/amongst us.  Speaking for George, I think he'll get his point accross to you never using the fact you're the minority Pats fan on the board.  Yes sometimes, you have both of us serving you at the same time, and you have to hit the ball back, but we never have the "gang up" mentality towards you.

I've been part and parcel to some problems with one or two Pats fans on both respective boards on AOL.

Here, we hold back on the punches and just good-naturedly tease, never getting to the profanities I've seen on AOL.

Kudos to us all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 pm

LRJets wrote:

Gup, the trouble with sports message boards in general, is  the team is "the tie that binds us".  In this case, using the NE Patriots board, not being a Patriots fan except for  you, is the "tie that binds the rest of us".
I must say, I've never seen a board with such simpatico towards one another in a football manner.
You, George and myself have known each other for years.  We have never had a major blow-up between/amongst us.  Speaking for George, I think he'll get his point accross to you never using the fact you're the minority Pats fan on the board.  Yes sometimes, you have both of us serving you at the same time, and you have to hit the ball back, but we never have the "gang up" mentality towards you.

I've been part and parcel to some problems with one or two Pats fans on both respective boards on AOL.

Here, we hold back on the punches and just good-naturedly tease, never getting to the profanities I've seen on AOL.

Kudos to us all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.  And now back to sports.

Hey you guys, how bout those Red Sox?  Looking good so far.  Do they really  need to go to Tampa to play again?  Can't we just forgo the formalities and let them advance to the American League Championship Series on the sheer power of their beards? 

Hey you guys, how bout those Bruins.  2-0 so far in the young season.  I'm thinking they go undefeated this year.  You down with that?  Yup, first undefeated season in NHL history, its gonna be great.

Hey you guys, I don't even know who is on the Celtics roster this year.  OK, well, I do know Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green.  But I'm thinking they win about 95% of their games this year.  Whadda you guys think?  You with me on that?  95%, and they sweep Labron and Miami in the playoffs is what I'm forseeing.  New coach Brad Stevens gonna take them to the promised land, and it looks like two parades in one year for our indoor sports teams this year.  Oh man, the partying is going to off the charts.

Hey you guys, you think the Pats can hold up without Wilfork on defense and Gronk on offense today to get BB a win that puts him past the legendary Chuck Noll with whom he is now tied in wins on the all time list?   I'll bet you're all tingly with anticipation waiting to see if Brady can get 1 TD to tie Fran Tarkenton for #4 all time?  Or get 2 TDs, and Tom can pass Fran and be Number 4 all by his lonesome?  Big day today for all of us, I know.

These are the pressing questions of the day.  I know we all are looking forward to seeing them play out to our collective joy and exhileration.  Its gonna be wicked pissah. Cool 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:12 pm

guppy wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
What's my problem? I don't have one, apparently you do and that's the fact that I don't like Tom Brady. Why does it bother you so much? Regardless of whether he ditched his pregnant girlfriend or if he found out after the fact that she was pregnant...he left her for another woman, you claimed he didn't want a family right away then he starts one with the trash mouthed, obnoxious Gisele. Apparently you care what I think about Brady and his fidiot wife, she's a home wrecker and he's a pig. Get it yet? That's my opinion, you don't have to agree but that's how I feel. Bridget is a class act, Gisele is a home wrecker and Tom is a pig. Sounds good to me.

Its not a question of "regardless of whethere he found out after the fact that she was pregnant".  That IS the issue.  You claimed it was the case that he ditched a girlfriend who was 3 months pregnant.   Thats a pretty serious allegation to make.  You claimed it was "all over the internet" that that was the case.  Reading YOUR own words, you based your opinion on that.  By your own words you based your opinion on a falsehood.  When you were corrected on the facts, you still persisted with it, saying its all over the internet.  Another falsehood.  In the process of doing that you looked quite foolish.  

Now, instead of stepping up to the plate and admitting you were wrong about the primary allegation that you recklessly threw out there, you're not able to have the intellectual honesty to say that you were wrong, and your primary reason for your vitriol was wrong.   Oh, now all of the sudden, its "regardless".   Regardless?  Regardless?  Gimme a break.  Now you bring in all these other reasons.  If you had done that in the first place, at least I could respect the opinion as an honest one.  Since you did not, and since after being enlightened about your mistake, you even persisted in holding on to that lie, I have zero respect for your opinion.  It was not honestly given.

By the way, I'm just wondering, in order for someone to be a "home wrecker" , doesn't there first have to be a "home" (ie, a traditional family home) to wreck?  Just curious how you make the leap to "home wrecker" when there was no "home" of Tom and Bridget to begin with.   You ever think about that?   Whatever.  You don't have to answer.  It is already my impression that you are someone who does not choose her words very carefully.  You'll just say what you want, truth and accuracy be damned.
You really don't like it when someone has an opinion about your golden boy that differs from yours do you? I read two or three websites that stated she was pregnant when he left her for Gisele. There are also websites that claim he found out after the fact....regardless ( I know you love that word) of which way it was, he left her for another woman and ended up getting that one pregnant too. I think he's the lowest form of scum...right up there with Michael Vick and for different reasons. So Bridget and Tom never lived together? Is there a reputable source that can verify your version of those facts too? Let's see, if they lived together and if he left her for another woman, and I'm sure Gisele knew that he was ending the relationship to be with her, I think that makes them both pigs. My opinion and I'm standing by that opinion. Go Cowboys!
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
 I read two or three websites that stated she was pregnant when he left her for Gisele.

Provide them.  I'll be happy to take a look at them.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
You really don't like it when someone has an opinion about your golden boy that differs from yours do you?

Let me try this again, one more time.  Its not the opinion I had a problem with.  It was the purported "fact" that, in your own words, the opinion was based on. 

Stand by your opinion all you want. 

Based on its purported rationale, I'll stand by how much respect I give to it.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

guppy wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
You really don't like it when someone has an opinion about your golden boy that differs from yours do you?

Let me try this again, one more time.  Its not the opinion I had a problem with.  It was the purported "fact" that, in your own words, the opinion was based on. 

Stand by your opinion all you want. 

Based on its purported rationale, I'll stand by how much respect I give to it.
I guess we're at an impasse, you'll defend Brady no matter what and I never will. Have a great Sunday! Have you noticed how much Gisele resembles Steffi Graff, I never realized that before. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:18 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
I guess we're at an impasse, you'll defend Brady no matter what and I never will.

Just to finish this out, for the record, I did not "defend Brady".   Rather, I challenged your citation to an serious allegation that was the primary foundation for your opinion that was ---  and is --- completely untrue.  Sorry you can't, or refuse, to tell the difference.

You go girl.  Don't ever let those nasty things called facts ever get in the way of your bias-driven opinion.  That's what's great about America.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions -- even ones lacking factual support.

You have a great Sunday too.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote: Its like George trying to push me into an argument by changing the subject

I'm not trying to push you into anything and this was the subject;

CatalinaMinx wrote:I'll never be able to see past what Brady did to his pregnant ex girlfriend. Placing football aside for a moment, he's a pig if you ask me.

You changed it by bringing up something that hadn't even been mentioned;

Well that just shows you are one of the many who simply don't know the facts and are quick to make assumptions without knowing the true facts.  He did not dump Bridget when she was pregnant.

I gave my opinion on the subject;

...he's a pig if you ask me.

If you need me to say it for a third time, yes. He's a pig.

George, its been pretty well established that you are not exactly a bastion of objectivity when it comes to the Patriots.  You're kind of the opposite, ya know.  Therefore, I never take what you say, which is always negative, very seriously.  I simply consider the source.  But seriously, why are you even here?  This is the Patriots board.  This is where celebration of Boston sports success stories is supposed to take place.   I think you don't like the fact that I do that, or that I'm brash or loud about it, or you don't like the fact that there are so many recent Boston success stories, and that gets under your skin.  Maybe you're still feeling animosity towards some of the folks on the old AOL board, I don't know.   Whatever the reason(s) that has got you all jaded, you do everything in your power, at every possible opportunity, to try to tone my celebrations down and/or spoil my fun.  You never miss a beat to put some negative spin on a Boston-related sports success.   Never.  You're batting 1.000 in that category.  Now, you're Mr. Morality, pontificating from your high and mighty perch about whats good and bad, and right and wrong, in human relationships in which you have very little personal knowledge.  You call Tom Brady, who happens to be a family man, who is raising and loving his kids -- all his kids, a pig.   Well, you must just feel so special and pleased with yourself being such a beacon of morality looking down on others of lesser morals than yourself.   Let me make a suggestion.  Why don't you go find Mummy and Task, wherever they are, and yuck it up with them.  I'm sure you all will have a lot in common.  

You think I'm "Mr Morality" for thinking it's wrong to let the woman who's carrying your child to do it on her own and then not really be there for the first year plus of the kids life so you can spend time with your new girlfriend. And you feel this way because, I guess, the guy in question plays for a sports team you root for.
That's friggin' sad.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote: Its like George trying to push me into an argument by changing the subject

I'm not trying to push you into anything and this was the subject;

CatalinaMinx wrote:I'll never be able to see past what Brady did to his pregnant ex girlfriend. Placing football aside for a moment, he's a pig if you ask me.

You changed it by bringing up something that hadn't even been mentioned;

Well that just shows you are one of the many who simply don't know the facts and are quick to make assumptions without knowing the true facts.  He did not dump Bridget when she was pregnant.

I gave my opinion on the subject;

...he's a pig if you ask me.

If you need me to say it for a third time, yes. He's a pig.

George, its been pretty well established that you are not exactly a bastion of objectivity when it comes to the Patriots.  You're kind of the opposite, ya know.  Therefore, I never take what you say, which is always negative, very seriously.  I simply consider the source.  But seriously, why are you even here?  This is the Patriots board.  This is where celebration of Boston sports success stories is supposed to take place.   I think you don't like the fact that I do that, or that I'm brash or loud about it, or you don't like the fact that there are so many recent Boston success stories, and that gets under your skin.  Maybe you're still feeling animosity towards some of the folks on the old AOL board, I don't know.   Whatever the reason(s) that has got you all jaded, you do everything in your power, at every possible opportunity, to try to tone my celebrations down and/or spoil my fun.  You never miss a beat to put some negative spin on a Boston-related sports success.   Never.  You're batting 1.000 in that category.  Now, you're Mr. Morality, pontificating from your high and mighty perch about whats good and bad, and right and wrong, in human relationships in which you have very little personal knowledge.  You call Tom Brady, who happens to be a family man, who is raising and loving his kids -- all his kids, a pig.   Well, you must just feel so special and pleased with yourself being such a beacon of morality looking down on others of lesser morals than yourself.   Let me make a suggestion.  Why don't you go find Mummy and Task, wherever they are, and yuck it up with them.  I'm sure you all will have a lot in common.  

You think I'm "Mr Morality" for thinking it's wrong to let the woman who's carrying your child to do it on her own and then not really be there for the first year plus of the kids life so you can spend time with your new girlfriend. And you feel this way because, I guess, the guy in question plays for a sports team you root for.
That's friggin' sad.

I couldn't agree with you more if I tried. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2